BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
where to get all ths stuff bro?kedai potong?huhu
which shop n tuner u went for last time?
which EMS do u suggest?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
where to get all ths stuff bro?kedai potong?huhu
which shop n tuner u went for last time?
which EMS do u suggest?
Got the stuff from ZTH, Mudah, kedai potong and etc.

My mechanic is at Shah Alam area.

Tuner ka... last time tune On the road only...

I'm using Emanage Blue.. But there are other better choice. But abit costly...

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
Got the stuff from ZTH, Mudah, kedai potong and etc.

My mechanic is at Shah Alam area.

Tuner ka... last time tune On the road only...

I'm using Emanage Blue.. But there are other better choice. But abit costly...
so for my budget which one u think is ok?hehe

Fastlane

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
hi all..
so d topics is either dead or theres a new topic tht im not aware of..huhu..
anyone out there can recommend me a good shop to install BOT in my car?
im driving a hyundai getz 04' 1.6AT..
any shop around klang valley..
some of d shop tht i know is already out of business...d drager racing by turbo sang,d RS impressive..
much appreciated..tq

Maybe u can try RED SUN Motorsport at Cheras Baru..u can try contact this no 0123189549

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
guys, need some help with turbocharging my humble 4g91 engine!!!
Haha.. I don't have hands on experience. But I can tell you it is possible and not too hard. I have a friend who bossted his 4G91. Just 0.4 bar. No internal mods needed and he can run it on RON95 still. No knocking. I am surprised he didn't even changed to metal or thicker gaskets! Has bene running for some time now. Quite reliable. But keep it only at 0.4 bar.

Oh yeah... He runs an automotive electrical workshop in KK. Very professional and good quality of work.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha.. I don't have hands on experience. But I can tell you it is possible and not too hard. I have a friend who bossted his 4G91. Just 0.4 bar. No internal mods needed and he can run it on RON95 still. No knocking. I am surprised he didn't even changed to metal or thicker gaskets! Has bene running for some time now. Quite reliable. But keep it only at 0.4 bar.

Oh yeah... He runs an automotive electrical workshop in KK. Very professional and good quality of work.
haha bro! 0.4 bar only? what if i use 1.5mm metal gasket? use ron97, hmmmm cannot go further?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
haha bro! 0.4 bar only? what if i use 1.5mm metal gasket? use ron97, hmmmm cannot go further?
Like that sure can la bro... 1.5 mm metal gasket, change injectors, piggyback...

But what my friend did is just to save cost. But I tell you the difference is also very big even though boost 0.4! From NA u go to boost 0.4 you feel like orgasm. I mean... his setup is just to do it at minimal cost and time. No need to do internal mods. and it won;t hurt FC too much too. Might even improve FC. Why not you try light boost first? Even if you are not satisfied, you can always up the boost in the future and use back all the components that you have already.

din

Feb 15, 2006
guys, need some help with turbocharging my humble 4g91 engine!!!
sure can do it.
i have this exp..

BOT at 4g91
first
td04l
bov
240cc injector
volvo fuel pump
eterna intercooler
running for 0.7 boost

than mod to
390cc injector
vr4 intercooler
adjustable fuel regulator
safc 5 button
boost 0.8
get 183.6 hp on crank

last
metal gasket 1.5mm
emanage
boost 1.0
get 201.3 hp

pisten still 4g91

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
sure can do it.
i have this exp..

BOT at 4g91
first
td04l
bov
240cc injector
volvo fuel pump
eterna intercooler
running for 0.7 boost

than mod to
390cc injector
vr4 intercooler
adjustable fuel regulator
safc 5 button
boost 0.8
get 183.6 hp on crank

last
metal gasket 1.5mm
emanage
boost 1.0
get 201.3 hp

pisten still 4g91
Wow bro!!! That is some nice project you got there! Love it! I prefer and appreciate step by step increment like your rather than rushing straight to max-out. Then we can all see the mods needed, power yield, and any problems at the stages!

thank you! Beautiful project...

So you mean that when you boost 0.7 bar, can use back the stock ecu? And what fuel did you use then? RON97 already? And can I ask wht is your FC before turbo and after turbo (at all stages).
Thank you for willing to share...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
now that's a TRUE bot. no high boost, no excessive engine work. keep it @ 0.4, and that's it.

but prob comes when yur car kena tiu on the road, back home you got impatient itchy fingers and usik2 that wastegate actuator, while keep whispering to yurself "alaa, 0.6 bar oni, what cud go wrong?"

and there you go. patience is a virtue, lads! :stupid:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
now that's a TRUE bot. no high boost, no excessive engine work. keep it @ 0.4, and that's it.

but prob comes when yur car kena tiu on the road, back home you got impatient itchy fingers and usik2 that wastegate actuator, while keep whispering to yurself "alaa, 0.6 bar oni, what cud go wrong?"

Haha true bro.. I heard that people who go into forced induction are always prone to not being satisfied at one level... After some time, they will "kacau kacau" and try to up here and there... Think that 0.1 increment is little... up little by little without reworking the internals.... Until one day kaboom.... Haha...

Aikawazzz

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Lol~ it's true bro...