BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi people! New thread on turbo... Share your thoughts...

<http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-forced-induction/342583-improved-fuel-economy-from-added-low-pressure-turbo.html#post4366839>

Thank you!

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
hi all..
so d topics is either dead or theres a new topic tht im not aware of..huhu..
anyone out there can recommend me a good shop to install BOT in my car?
im driving a hyundai getz 04' 1.6AT..
any shop around klang valley..
some of d shop tht i know is already out of business...d drager racing by turbo sang,d RS impressive..
much appreciated..tq

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi all..
some of d shop tht i know is already out of business...d drager racing by turbo sang,d RS impressive..
much appreciated..tq
To install is never a problem. But to get the set up right will be what u should consider the most. Do some research on what u need for a stable BOT set up. All these package package things cannot be trusted most of the time... Mostly, the outcome is on even half of what being promised. So, search ur own stuff and get a responsible foreman with knowledge to instal.

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
yes ofcoz i need d setup to be right..
but im totally new to this..i hardly understand anything from wat u guys were saying..lol
i juz want my car to be able to produce more power..

din

Feb 15, 2006
rs impressive in no more.
robyn now open a new shop rs dyno tune.
the new shop near the old one.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

rs impressive in no more.
robyn now open a new shop rs dyno tune.
the new shop near the old one.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yes ofcoz i need d setup to be right..
but im totally new to this..i hardly understand anything from wat u guys were saying..lol
i juz want my car to be able to produce more power..
There are friends that dealt with a workshop at kepong n old klang road with RM7k bolt on package. Ended up fuel pump not enough, pressure no enough, sini sana all add up together cost them RM15k. Still, problem is solved by other workshop with extra cost... So, beware of conman ard...

Before u started to bot, u have to target for a certain hp so that u won't spend on the unnecessary and oversizing things that will be a problem later.

How much power u want to gain? What's the ultimate goal of the set up..? If ur answer is going to be as much as u can from the GETZ, then prepare
For as much cash as u can.

So, make a decision on the targeted goal u want to achieve. And also how much money u willing to spend...

Last edited:

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
There are friends that dealt with a workshop at kepong n old klang road with RM7k bolt on package. Ended up fuel pump not enough, pressure no enough, sini sana all add up together cost them RM15k. Still, problem is solved by other workshop with extra cost... So, beware of conman ard...

Before u started to bot, u have to target for a certain hp so that u won't spend on the unnecessary and oversizing things that will be a problem later.

How much power u want to gain? What's the ultimate goal of the set up..? If ur answer is going to be as much as u can from the GETZ, then prepare
For as much cash as u can.

So, make a decision on the targeted goal u want to achieve. And also how much money u willing to spend...
my budget is around rm8k..
so wat can i get?i dun really know how far can this getz be tune..
or even how many HP can it gain..
if can go 0-100 less thn 10sec ill be more thn happy already..haha

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
my budget is around rm8k..
so wat can i get?i dun really know how far can this getz be tune..
or even how many HP can it gain..
if can go 0-100 less thn 10sec ill be more thn happy already..haha
What's ur timing now???

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
New BOT user here. My rides is Myvi. Still new about turbo thingy coz been playing NA for a long time. Hopefully can learn something from here.....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
around 12sec...
i saw in d earlier post tht someone manage to tune his getz to doin around 6sec only..thats totally amazing!
i tried to contact him but sadly no respond :(
6sec for a 1.6 is not bad. Here u go, engine decompression(not necessary unless u're going for high boost), T25/TD04 turbo, a not so big intercooler from gsr would be fine cause it's damn cheap, customizing exhaust manifold and IC piping, a slightly bigger injector(50% larger than current) and most importantly a good engine management system.

But don't aim for too high hp/torque as ur AT may not last long.

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
6sec for a 1.6 is not bad. Here u go, engine decompression(not necessary unless u're going for high boost), T25/TD04 turbo, a not so big intercooler from gsr would be fine cause it's damn cheap, customizing exhaust manifold and IC piping, a slightly bigger injector(50% larger than current) and most importantly a good engine management system.

But don't aim for too high hp/torque as ur AT may not last long.
so meaning to say i have to look for all this parts 1st before i go for any tuning shop?where to look for?lol..
i google around n saw 1 getz using garrett t25 in aussie..so mayb tht will be for getz..dunno :P
n which shop do u recommend?
nway,thanks a lot bro..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
so meaning to say i have to look for all this parts 1st before i go for any tuning shop?where to look for?lol..
i google around n saw 1 getz using garrett t25 in aussie..so mayb tht will be for getz..dunno :P
n which shop do u recommend?
nway,thanks a lot bro..
It's up to you to bu it separately and hand it to an installer and then send it to tune or u want leave everything to a reputated tuner...

But reputated tuner will mark up everything they buy and charge on U. RM8K... Hmm, tight budget.

Ok, prepare these 3 stuff:-
1) turbo-T25 or TD04 or IHI
2) Injectors (50% bigger at least)
3) BOV/BIV
4) Boost gauge

Then find an installer. Could be reputated mechanic or Exhaust shop. Meanwhile, make a decision of what EMS u want to use. Piggy or standalone.

When the installation is done with the exhaust system and intercooler piping, then go for EMS installation and tuning.

I used around 1 year to collect all the things I needed once... And i hand everything to my mechanic. Then run in the engine... After running in, then I went for tuning...

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
where to get all ths stuff bro?kedai potong?huhu
which shop n tuner u went for last time?
which EMS do u suggest?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
where to get all ths stuff bro?kedai potong?huhu
which shop n tuner u went for last time?
which EMS do u suggest?
Got the stuff from ZTH, Mudah, kedai potong and etc.

My mechanic is at Shah Alam area.

Tuner ka... last time tune On the road only...

I'm using Emanage Blue.. But there are other better choice. But abit costly...

nicherology

Oct 29, 2008
Got the stuff from ZTH, Mudah, kedai potong and etc.

My mechanic is at Shah Alam area.

Tuner ka... last time tune On the road only...

I'm using Emanage Blue.. But there are other better choice. But abit costly...
so for my budget which one u think is ok?hehe

Fastlane

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
hi all..
much appreciated..tq

Maybe u can try RED SUN Motorsport at Cheras Baru..u can try contact this no 0123189549

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated.. how to take care of it?

meaning.. what stuff to use or applied... coz it is easily get light scratches and dull in time..

will AutoSol do the job? any other products?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience