1NZFE(T) BOT Metal HeadGasket Question

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The 1NZFE(T) project is completed , running stock boost from a Garett AR48 turbo (suspect it might be from a S13 CA18 or SR20 turbo) at 0.68-0.82 spike on gear change (the car is a Vios 1.5 Auto)

Quite satisfied with the result , but there is a problem , after tuning even with a super rich AFR like 10-11 & retarded ignition timing , it would knock on high load condition eg.uphill / upshot on full throttle at high rpm ...

It need a thicker headgasket I bring down the compression ratio to a more suitable level for forced induction which might be around 8:5:1 to around atleast 9:5:1 , stock is at a sky high for conventional port injection forced induction lump at 10:5:1 .

Can anyone recommend any suitable metal head gasket for it , I try to look around for this but no joy .

Any advice are appreciated , thanks =)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try to search for custom head gasket maker around...

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
try to search for custom head gasket maker around...
try to search around dy but cant find it ... i also doesn't know how to do the calculation for how much thickness i need to decompress it from 10.1 to around 8.1 to 9 CR ...

any advice are really appreciated ...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cannot install double?
Personally I don't think installing double gasket is a good idea as it may be prone to leak in between the gaskets:smokin:.

double normal gasket is more things ready to go wrong...but if done carefully for temporary usage atleast is usable....reliable?? who knows :confused:

try to search around dy but cant find it ... i also doesn't know how to do the calculation for how much thickness i need to decompress it from 10.1 to around 8.1 to 9 CR ...
any advice are really appreciated ...
i think my guess...would be around 1.5mm-2mm atleast....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely wont be installing double headgasket , even in a low powered engine cause two piece of gasket stack together just won't seal properly & prove to leaking in between .

Done that before & gain the experience in a hard way on a EVO 7 4G63T , number 3 conrod bent because of hydro lock as coolant & oil seep pass between the two piece of stock MMC Metal Gasket , at at last rebuilt the whole engine & get a proper tomei one ,because of a singalingam mech & wanna to save few bucks in the end costing whole engine rebuilt ...

Thanks Pomen GTR for the suggestion , can recommend any reputable custom head gasket maker around klang valley area , am I need to bring a intact headgasket for my engine for them as measurement/template & any idea how much would this cost ?

Thanks again for the useful advice .

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Definitely wont be installing double headgasket , even in a low powered engine cause two piece of gasket stack together just won't seal properly & prove to leaking in between .

Done that before & gain the experience in a hard way on a EVO 7 4G63T , number 3 conrod bent because of hydro lock as coolant & oil seep pass between the two piece of stock MMC Metal Gasket , at at last rebuilt the whole engine & get a proper tomei one ,because of a singalingam mech & wanna to save few bucks in the end costing whole engine rebuilt ...

Thanks Pomen GTR for the suggestion , can recommend any reputable custom head gasket maker around klang valley area , am I need to bring a intact headgasket for my engine for them as measurement/template & any idea how much would this cost ?

Thanks again for the useful advice .

Would you bother asking cometic how much they would charge for a custom gasket? On a side note, the AR48 is from a CA18 haha. S13 SR20 ones have AR80 housings haha. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All the sifus in here.....you all really know what yur talking about so i was hoping you all could just giveme some advice...by the way im new in here ...

I drive a Wira SE auto (1.5)....i have chnaged to K&N filter and also remove my cat conv...so far the results were marginal...i was wondering whether i should remove my mid box as well and replace with a bullet....im actually looking for better performance and also a louder (basier) sound...will removing the mid box help? i was told auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience