BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Taiko...I got one question long time wanna ask you...
Hmm...Bigger turbo will cause the exhaust louder ??!!
Coz I saw those evo , subaru , supra ..etc.. when they start engine..the exhaust sound LOUD & NICE !! Any advice ??
Coz I plan to install Bigger turbo..hope my exhaust sound like 'em :biggrin:
There are a few contribution to the loud sound(which i call it noise). U can:-

Change to bigger exhaust diameter.
Change to higher lift and duration cams
Throw the mid box of your exhaust
Straight flow exhaust muffler
Tighten the throttle cable

Inchrease the iddling RPM, sound more aggresive.. kekeke

anyway, most of the contribution actually comes from the exhaust muffler.

Not a fan of loud exhaust. So, dun really know what brand sound loudest.

wanna louder sound .. change bigger muffler lo... :biggrin:
Not necessary. Bigger inlet diameter to be precise...
Or korek all the fiber also can....

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
There are a few contribution to the loud sound(which i call it noise). U can:-

Change to bigger exhaust diameter.
Change to higher lift and duration cams
Throw the mid box of your exhaust
Straight flow exhaust muffler
Tighten the throttle cable

Inchrease the iddling RPM, sound more aggresive.. kekeke
Taiko...Actually I am using Trust PE II...inlet 3"...and I using straight flow also...2.5"....
Midbox and others box I throw away ad...but...the sound sunyi too!! not syiok ler ~!!
I hope next time change bigger turbo..and I will put wastegate too...

dweichoe

Known Member
Oct 28, 2007
did anyone here try to BOT on NISSAN SENTRA N16?

I feel the car is heavy and does not want to perform engine convertion.
Therefore, BOT is the choice~

I saw from overseas forum that PPL doing that. but does anyone tried b4?

Is it successful doing that?

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Last time I check out.. I have a FAKE Walbro !! the sound very loud ..can heard from outside.. when engine starting ...now i change another once...
Normally after install walbro fuel pump ...got the sound yieeeeee~~ right? like nyamuk sound....
Coz I install this walbro fuel pump + fuel return line......but dont have the sound ??? why ?!
anyone can help me ? coz i love the sound....... :marchmellow:
is it normal ?? a bit sound only....

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

Since u read about overseaforums and threads.... Get to know what thaey are using... Thigns should work fine.

Next is the mattter of who u wanna installed n get it tuned

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008

I suggest go for stage 1 bolt on turbo... means..get a intercooler ,turbo(TD05)..etc...and boost 0.5bar..you will feel the power :biggrin: Dont worry bro..as long as dont overboost.....wont kill your engine..:biggrin:

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Last time I check out.. I have a FAKE Walbro !! the sound very loud ..can heard from outside.. when engine starting ...now i change another once...
Normally after install walbro fuel pump ...got the sound yieeeeee~~ right? like nyamuk sound....
Coz I install this walbro fuel pump + fuel return line......but dont have the sound ??? why ?!
want sound only rite? put relay lor

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ngeeeeaaa..... that should be the sound. Should be able to hear from outside. If u want even louder, instal an external pump lor...

I suggest go for stage 1 bolt on turbo... means..get a intercooler ,turbo(TD05)..etc...and boost 0.5bar..you will feel the power :biggrin: Dont worry bro..as long as dont overboost.....wont kill your engine..:biggrin:
Taiko. have to understand the characteristic first before BOTing la. U want ppl engine to detonate kah...? Try do that on a B18C. I guaranty engine knocks when turbo spools... Tested.

A good setup isn;t just on the hardware and how much u boost. It should comes along with software too... In this case, tunning.

Bro, i suggest u to understand ur engine characteristic as in Bore n stroke, Compression ratio, block material. If possible the cylinder top volume and availability of aftermarket product in support of ur project in our market.

then u can decide if u wanna continur with your BOT. Lot of ppl buy stuff buy stuff and ended up selling everything because project suspended for too long due to overspent time searching for parts.

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Ngeeeeaaa..... that should be the sound. Should be able to hear from outside. If u want even louder, instal an external pump lor...

Taiko. have to understand the characteristic first before BOTing la. U want ppl engine to detonate kah...? Try do that on a B18C. I guaranty engine knocks when turbo spools... Tested.

A good setup isn;t just on the hardware and how much u boost. It should comes along with software too... In this case, tunning.

Bro, i suggest u to understand ur engine characteristic as in Bore n stroke, Compression ratio, block material. If possible the cylinder top volume and availability of aftermarket product in support of ur project in our market.

then u can decide if u wanna continur with your BOT. Lot of ppl buy stuff buy stuff and ended up selling everything because project suspended for too long due to overspent time searching for parts.
u r rite~

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
I can't even heard the sound ngeeeee.........is it install fuel return line...then can't heard it already ?
i also can't even heard from outside... when my car left 1 bar which the petro going to habis..also can;t heard the sound.......why ar ?? juznow i start my car...then i put my eat under my car there also can't...heard a bit bit nyeeeeee only...but dont know is my ear problem or...........

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
u r rite~
U sound like jut me only... >.<

I can't even heard the sound ngeeeee.........is it install fuel return line...then can't heard it already ?
i also can't even heard from outside... when my car left 1 bar which the petro going to habis..also can;t heard the sound.......why ar ?? juznow i start my car...then i put my eat under my car there also can't...heard a bit bit nyeeeeee only...but dont know is my ear problem or...........
Erm... why do u need to install a fuel return line when ur car already has a fuel return line...? Can an engine work without fuel return line kah..? kaka... U do ur car in kuchai lama..?

OK... the sound comes from the pump. When u take out the pump and tap it to battery also damn 7 loud already. left 1 bar petrol no sound..? got experience not enough fuel and cause engine jerk or stall due to insufficient fuel in the tank even though the indicator tells u there are still fuel in the tank..? cause walbro is shorter by a little.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
U sound like jut me only... >.<

Erm... why do u need to install a fuel return line when ur car already has a fuel return line...? Can an engine work without fuel return line kah..? kaka... U do ur car in kuchai lama..?

OK... the sound comes from the pump. When u take out the pump and tap it to battery also damn 7 loud already. left 1 bar petrol no sound..? got experience not enough fuel and cause engine jerk or stall due to insufficient fuel in the tank even though the indicator tells u there are still fuel in the tank..? cause walbro is shorter by a little.
ya..do at kuchai lama..you know i know..:rolleyes:
i am not sure ler bro...now i just knw my petro meter got problem..when i start engine...it show 6 bar..then after drive a minit..becum 2 bar...sometimes the bar will increase...dont know what problem ler...haiz..i think walbro pump is no problem...juz the petro metr problem...after install the walbro pump...

Waja4646

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
YEZZA...still alive this thread....Oh My God i missed a lot of BOT's development at the moment...he he....keep on BOT guys ! cheers...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone, im newbie here~:wavey:

currently im driving the honda civic SR4 (EG9) stock engine~. thinking to change my suspension into adjustable.. but too many options and feedback always make me confuse~ Im wondering should i get HA series or SS series? Will SS series more comfort compare to HA series? all sifus please comment and advise~ thx~~~~:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience