BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
all are siffu/master bolt on turbo here ... scared lerr :nurse:
Well, nothing to scare. we're jsut some guys whom are trying out experiments with own ride and shares the opinion, results and lesson on our success and failure...

we gain knowledge from every failure we face and every success we obtain...

Anyone BOT Perdana V6 before ?
Perdana V6 BOT..? Why not Eterna straight..? It's the same thing with 10X less hastle and 10X more reliable. And auto gb for NA... Boleh ka..? I doubt. Tried on a 222 auto gb with a 4G92P. GB fails before the valve seals do... haha...

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
To all BOT-ian, what is your car's water temp when car is running?
Mine is 85.C daytime highway 110km/h cruising and 90.C during traffic jam, i'm wondering if it's too high then i might need to change to bigger radiator.

Bump: To all BOT-ian, what is your car's water temp when car is running?
Mine is 85.C daytime highway 110km/h cruising and 90.C during traffic jam, i'm wondering if it's too high then i might need to change to bigger radiator.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
To all BOT-ian, what is your car's water temp when car is running?

Bump: To all BOT-ian, what is your car's water temp when car is running?
Bro, mine settles <half. What car u driving..?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Dun trust that bro, mine shows 'half' from 45.C to 90.C++,
try to get water temperature gauge for more accurate reading.
Ok, any idea of your engine water temperature before your BOT...?

Bump:
Dun trust that bro, mine shows 'half' from 45.C to 90.C++,
try to get water temperature gauge for more accurate reading.
Ok, any idea of your engine water temperature before your BOT...?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
is mazda b6 conrod noob! not 4agze conrod....., then the toyota 4agze piston really is got 83 mm, if u all wont dare to do thing not means is cant not do! if u can pay me money 100 set 4agze piston i olso can sell for u! who said not 510 cc injector can not support to 400whp? depend on the ecu and setup only !

Bump: no ppl teach u use piggy back ecu to setting your car! if u use stand alone ecu like mirco tech lt 10s ,that will be other story~ if u still want argue with me , i oslo can go out gamble race with u!

Bump: no ppl teach u use piggy back ecu to setting your car! if u use stand alone ecu like mirco tech lt 10s ,that will be other story~ if u still want argue with me , i oslo can go out gamble race with u!

Bump: this world is very big, what olso will been, last time i make over 15 engine blow already! the reason all is same, is over boost some thing like 2.2 bar~ if u mazda b6 conrod olso dunno u better dun play car,mazda b6 is 1.6 turbo , that rod is can use in 4g91 engine! if wont trust me can see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B_engine#B6T

Bump: this world is very big, what olso will been, last time i make over 15 engine blow already! the reason all is same, is over boost some thing like 2.2 bar~ if u mazda b6 conrod olso dunno u better dun play car,mazda b6 is 1.6 turbo , that rod is can use in 4g91 engine! if wont trust me can see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B_engine#B6T

Waja4646

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Hi all....BOT owners and fan .....I'm getting an instinct to bolt on a 4G64 SOHC...2.4cc......any1 has doe it b4??? he he.....

Bump: Hi all....BOT owners and fan .....I'm getting an instinct to bolt on a 4G64 SOHC...2.4cc......any1 has doe it b4??? he he.....

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
this thread seems dead , i think it's time 2 bring it back to glory , what happened to all the BOT kakis ... ? ROBOT ?

anyway me plans 2 BOT somewhere near soon

quotation sudah dapat

turbo manifold
tdo4
I/c
Piping-stainless steel
metal gasket
2nd hand boost meter
installation
______________(up to here is rm5k)

emanage
gsr ecu
gsr wiring
supercharge piston
conrod fr b8 ? or b6 ?
___________________(up to here maybe around 8k or more)

i was thinking get an engine lantai (find the gsr ecu and wiring ) then plug it in ...
then get GB fr GSR or evo ?

so much to do ... better still buy a GSR right ? but gsr nowadays alrdy close 2 extinct ...

all sifus and taikors what's ur suggestions ?

Last edited by a moderator:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
this thread seems dead , i think it's time 2 bring it back to glory , what happened to all the BOT kakis ... ? ROBOT ?

quotation sudah dapat

turbo manifold
tdo4
I/c
Piping-stainless steel
metal gasket
2nd hand boost meter
installation

emanage
gsr ecu
gsr wiring
supercharge piston
conrod fr b8 ? or b6 ?

i was thinking get an engine lantai (find the gsr ecu and wiring ) then plug it in ...

so much to do ... better still buy a GSR right ? but gsr nowadays alrdy close 2 extinct ...

nice stuff there...i'm a bot kaki too...
but somehow...getting more boring with it...as the power is getting limited nowadays..
maybe i crave for a bigger turbo now haha..
anyway just wanna ask conrod from B8 or B6 compare to GSR conrod wats the difference?

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
nice stuff there...i'm a bot kaki too...
but somehow...getting more boring with it...as the power is getting limited nowadays..
maybe i crave for a bigger turbo now haha..
anyway just wanna ask conrod from B8 or B6 compare to GSR conrod wats the difference?
Well, for such a long stroke of 89mm, producing lotsa torque to the crank, the GSR conrods tends to give way especially when boosting high. During the movement of the long stroke, it tends to apply lotsa of stresses on the conrods. And the cross sectional area of the conrods are too thin to take high boost consistently.

The reason ppl change to B8/B6 conrods are because of the Cross section area. In other words, the conrods are stronger...

Bump:

quotation sudah dapat

turbo manifold
tdo4
I/c
Piping-stainless steel
metal gasket
2nd hand boost meter
installation

emanage
gsr ecu
gsr wiring
supercharge piston
conrod fr b8 ? or b6 ?

Bro, u mentioned so much about what you are getting.. But what's the engine lantai u're gonna get...? 4G93???

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Well, for such a long stroke of 89mm, producing lotsa torque to the crank, the GSR conrods tends to give way especially when boosting high. During the movement of the long stroke, it tends to apply lotsa of stresses on the conrods. And the cross sectional area of the conrods are too thin to take high boost consistently.

The reason ppl change to B8/B6 conrods are because of the Cross section area. In other words, the conrods are stronger...

oh i see...good let me go search for B8/B6 conrods now...btw this 2 conrods got what different? B8 better than B6???

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

oh i see...good let me go search for B8/B6 conrods now...btw this 2 conrods got what different? B8 better than B6???
Well, the only difference would be the length lor... So, B6 from 1.6 conrods are suitable for 4G91/92 and B8 from 1.8 conrods are suitable for 4G93.

U can fit in B6 conrods into a 1.8, but the compression ratio will be extreme extreme low. Don;t know if the engine even starts...

Zattara

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
so if i use b8 conrod, what piston do u suggest for me? gsr or supercharge? or there any other piston that are stronger and can stand up to 1.5 bar boost?...:adore::adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
so if i use b8 conrod, what piston do u suggest for me? gsr or supercharge? or there any other piston that are stronger and can stand up to 1.5 bar boost?...:adore::adore::adore:
Wow.. that's high... Boosting at 1.5 bars is something I will do if I am really hungry for power and there is no more option other than giving a last try out to achieve maximum power that my engine can produce... I mean for GSRs with stock internals... That's solely my point of view for being conservative on a daily drive car.

In most cases, engine don;t tend to produce power as expected/planned after modification is due to the tuning. A proper tunning will release extract more power than boosting higher... Most of the cases. Not all...

Well, back to your piston question. Most GSRs or BOTers change their pistons to TOYOTA 4agze pistons is because the coincidence of sharing the same bore with 4G92/93(t) and having least modification to be done to fit. Just the conrods. But personally, I do think GSR pistons are capable to take high boost due to the low compression crown profile. However, people get impressed by the "semi forged with ceramic coated piston crown" of TOYOTA 4agze pistons. So, most ppl change to Supercharger pistons when they projecting high boost. I am one of them...

Well, when u want to boost really high, then there are far more better after market performance pistons compare to TOYOTA Supercharger pistons. CP, Wiseco, JE, Duratech and lot more.... Those are forged pistons that are capable of taking high boost.

Even conrods, there are aftermarket forged conrods that are stronger than the above mentioned conrods.... Duratech, brian crower, and etc...

But due to limited cost concern, ppl tends to use internals from other engine and put them together to build stronger engine to take higher boost safely.... Comparing a set of new TOYOTA 4AGZE pistons c/w rings only cost RM700+ and Wiseco 82mm that cost RM2K+...

And that's what we call ROJAK...

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
how many bars that GSR piston managed to boost till???
1.2-1.3???
feel very powerless on my engine now...for me either opt for standalone or more responsive turbine...hmm

Bump: how many bars that GSR piston managed to boost till???
1.2-1.3???
feel very powerless on my engine now...for me either opt for standalone or more responsive turbine...hmm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Readers, It is my pleasure to announce that we'll embark ourselves on a crazy journey. Follow closely every week on our step by step progress, involving in house modifications or DIY to our Supercar beater testbed.

We bought ourselves a cheap wreck, a 1983 Nissan Fairlady 300ZX Z31 for RM10,000. Why do we choose the Nissan over any other cars? Well here's the main reason:

Why the Z31? Why this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience