Body Sticker

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Dear All,

Im just wondering and tought of covering my whole car with sticker instead of using paint. by doing this i no need to polish or wax.. i dont think that it scratches easily..... if there is it will be cheaper to stick back that area... Just my own opinion. any sifuse here have anyidea where to get it done or the cost of it? im weighing bitween repainting my car or to use sticker only.?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
sticking whole car with matte sticker might cost around 1-1.5k if im not wrong

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i thought of that before too! :(
but i painted my car la.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Cost almost around a respray. And it won't last in our weather... Other countries I think ok... But they use some kind of plastic skin-like thing... Not paper.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
yup... i was talking about the plastic skin thing... i wanted yellow again.. my idea is that it will be faster compare to spraying and it will be cheaper to maintain as we could just replace the spacific pannel... if to respray they need to match the color and make a few coating and then start spraying... then still need to wait for it to dry.. as what i was told sprying the car in a small area will cost alot as the paint is not able to keep therefore they will charge with the full price of the paint that they mixed...

lameshit

Sep 17, 2011
Johor Bahru
Jpj and traffic sure not pass if u met with a roadblock
My friends vehicle they used to participate in autoshow and they design cartoon characters like naruto and king of fighter. If your vehicle is for daily usage an advice the sticker on your vehicle must not consist of more than 3 colours(jpj law and traffic)

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Maintenance wise please do not used high corrosive acid on the sticker because it will fade the colours as well as avoid parking under daily sunlight.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
im planning to use plain yellow color... use of it not for design but a replacement for paint....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
yup... i was talking about the plastic skin thing... i wanted yellow again.. my idea is that it will be faster compare to spraying and it will be cheaper to maintain as we could just replace the spacific pannel... if to respray they need to match the color and make a few coating and then start spraying... then still need to wait for it to dry.. as what i was told sprying the car in a small area will cost alot as the paint is not able to keep therefore they will charge with the full price of the paint that they mixed...
Sorry to deviate. Speaking of this really makes me angry and dissapointed.
I have a friend who open paint shop. One day, I just asked to help to spray a panel. Not on my car. Just a separate junk boot lit for me to practise polishing. The bugger who is a girl quoted me 280. I said "not my car. No need new paint. just give me a bit if got leftover of any colour".
She replied "leftover still can use".
I just want to make it clear that paint shops earn hell a lot. More than dead people getting hell money. I went to a auto paint supplier and paint are relatively cheap compared to what they charged. I can tell you the paint shops earn 3-5 times of the paint price. But that is fine. That is business. We pay for their service. But to refuse a regular customer, and a friend some spare paint, I really cannot accept.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
yeah.. so thats why i prefer to use sticker... XD

lameshit

Sep 17, 2011
Johor Bahru
My recommendation visit a paint shop instead of sticker
As sticker not lasting under extreme weather(Malaysia weather)
And daily usage prompt to get fade easily as well as minor peelings(what I have observed from my friends vehicle)

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

My story similar to yours
My so called this friend, painted my vehicles bodykit
Charge me at the same price(any other painters)
The result of my bodykit?(visible *pop* ups on my bodykit certain part,
Return to him explained what have occurrd to me repaint again for me, similar situation happened one thing i can assured that closest friend paint job sucks

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
yeah.. i hated painting as very mafan... sudenly paint dint stick lah.. got bubbles lah... and many problem.. it also take a very long time to fix the problem... as i asked the shop that do the sticker they say the color wont fade easily (im refering to the plastic one) and they claimed to be as good as painting... but the pricing will be similar only it is faster... if lets say paint whole car normally take at least 1 week... if sticker really concentrate on 1 car only can be done in 1-2 days...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i seeking performance carb.. any recommednation?
for proton 4g15 carb .
who have and how much you guys selliong?
Pm me the price if you have. thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience