BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
holy sheet!!!! 1jz or 2jz? Im really interested in 1jz...but due to the size, i scared lots of trouble la. My good friend is also using 1jz in his E30. Red in colour also...very tempting la....T_T

anyways, guys, how much is SR20 red top and SR20 black top respectively? You guys come across any SR20 halfcut? Pls let me know..im interested to buy one soon

thx u
This one rojak already Chris..!!! On top used 2jz and for the bottom used 1jz..!!! Nowadays, SR20det red top you can get below RM4k and for the black top 5 speed SR20det will be around RM5.5k..!!! So, good luck Chris..!!!

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
SR20det red top 5 speed also right?

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
why the top use 2jz? i thought bottom should use 2jz? im confuse d la

Wah, where can get SR20 redtop for less than 4k? impossible la

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
why the top use 2jz? i thought bottom should use 2jz? im confuse d la

Wah, where can get SR20 redtop for less than 4k? impossible la
I dunno lah Chris, this red evil e30 from JB..!!! It's belong to my friend customer..!!! Try to search that halfcut at Gombak area..!!! Sure can get one la... Or you can ask CDautoparts to find one for you loor..!!!

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
SR20det red top 5 speed also right?
Yup, for s13 and s14..!!! But for s15 blacktop got 2 type, 5 speed and 6speed trans..!!!

Last edited:

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
please anyone can pls find me a redtop or blacktop SR20DET which have little bit aftermarket parts on it, budget RM5k..thx u

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
CDAutoParts,
U got PM..
Cheers

lawrenceyee

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2005
Lawrencyee, if you plus another RM1k, i can get for you RB25 halfcut but auto trans lah..!!! So, how's your project bro...?
i know rb25 is cause round that price,but mechanic advice me to take the sr20det.

now my project make me faint a lot.......still under processing.....n ya i take out the s13 enjin n change to s14 edi!!i think will done soon!!then will straight go to do bodykit at pg.:X-:

mug_one82

Apr 24, 2006
PM me ur contact number,my frenz&I also have e30 convert to SR20,sy ada simpan 2 doors pnya pintu E30..nk jual..

Auto12

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
ef
hi all .. im new here . i bought an e30 not long ago so planning to do an engine swap. i just wanna know if a 3SGTE + 3SGE gear box (6 speed tranny which is from the altezza) is able to put into the e30. one workshop quoted me about 8k for the whole conversion but i dunno if its a good engine to go for... plz gimme some advice about the engine ..thx guys

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
hi all .. im new here . i bought an e30 not long ago so planning to do an engine swap. i just wanna know if a 3SGTE + 3SGE gear box (6 speed tranny which is from the altezza) is able to put into the e30. one workshop quoted me about 8k for the whole conversion but i dunno if its a good engine to go for... plz gimme some advice about the engine ..thx guys
Hi Auto12...

Welcome to our forum bro..!!! About your 3SGTE conversion, i never saw e30 done this swap before but one of my friend has done this conversion on his Toyota GL and the engine taken out from MR2 halfcut..!! The result i have to tell you honestly lah... 2 THUMBS UP..!!! Very powerful and the engine torque are very high..!!!

Why don't you just plunk in 1JZGTE...? The cost still same..!!!

Last edited:

Auto12

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
ef
Hi Auto12...

Welcome to our forum bro..!!! About your 3SGTE conversion, i never saw e30 done this swap before but one of my friend has done this conversion on his Toyota GL and the engine taken out from MR2 halfcut..!! The result i have to tell you honestly lah... 2 THUMBS UP..!!! Very powerful and the engine torque are very high..!!!

Why don't you just plunk in 1JZGTE...? The cost still same..!!!

Thx for the warm welcome =) .. i would love to put in a 1jz but i dont know about jpj approval. the engine is kinda huge so i think its gonna be very compact inside the engine bay of an e30. oh yea .. the workshop fellow quote me 1jz too , its the same price as the 3SGTE but its all auto. he said it is very hard to find a manual tranny for it and also expensive . Another engine that he quoted me is the honda S2K engine , its about 15k for full conversion.. S2k engines sounds yummy

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure if this is a BMW 135i or a lower engine specced 1 Series Coupe but seriously, This isn't the first time that I've seen a disaster on wheels surfacing from the island down south. That number plate is not cheap either by Singaporean standards!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience