BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Originally Posted by D16power
hmm...if do the conversion of japanese heart into beemer, the rear axle need/no need to change? if remain the bmw rear axle it might need welding rite? how would b the durability n performance??

RWD drivetrain, axle all use bmw except the connector need to be alter to fit and don't do normal welding, send it to machining shop

Last edited:

D16power

Known Member
May 27, 2005
KL
RWD drivetrain, axle all use bmw except the connector need to be alter to fit and don't do normal welding, send it to machining shop[/QUOTE]

if my current BM is auto traini axle, and wanna convert to manual jap hearts, still can use back the BM auto axle?

cos i understand if wanna convert auto to manual that u need to change the axle too.

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
RWD drivetrain, axle all use bmw except the connector need to be alter to fit and don't do normal welding, send it to machining shop
if my current BM is auto traini axle, and wanna convert to manual jap hearts, still can use back the BM auto axle?

cos i understand if wanna convert auto to manual that u need to change the axle too.[/quote]

SORI WRONG INFO. You right. Use nissan's. My mekanik hantam me already for the wrong info.

Last edited:

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
5k is minimum complete with labour...7k is maximum if u added performance part...h/cut rb20det only 2k..labour 2k..wear & tear parts 1k..total 5k

rear axle no need to change..i'm using original axle in my e30..

D16power

Known Member
May 27, 2005
KL
SORI WRONG INFO. You right. Use nissan's. My mekanik hantam me already for the wrong info.[/QUOTE]

Its ok bro, no need mention sori. we are here to share the info :regular_smile: u mean u use nissan axle? thats mean need to cut th back floor lo...involve lot of works man!

Last edited:

D16power

Known Member
May 27, 2005
KL
rear axle no need to change..i'm using original axle in my e30..[/QUOTE]

hi bro its ur previous e30 trans is auto then convert to manual jap trans engine? or is auto to auto / manual to manual?

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
my previous e30 trans is manual convert to rb20 auto...very2 good accelaration..i dont know how the mechanic do it bcoz i bu it already convert to rb20..now i plan to convert to rb20 manual trans

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
SORI WRONG INFO. You right. Use nissan's. My mekanik hantam me already for the wrong info.

Its ok bro, no need mention sori. we are here to share the info :regular_smile: u mean u use nissan axle? thats mean need to cut th back floor lo...involve lot of works man![/quote]

drive axle - must use japs (e.g. nissan)
rear axle - bmw

Last edited:

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
wif 5-7k u can get a quite performance parts loaded manual rb25det h/cut. and i think 1jz or rb20det is around 2.5-4k only.
rb25det can be obtained for a maximum cost of RM7k including labour? & rb20det for a maximum cost of RM5k including labour? cool..
Anyone can recommend me a shop that can do good & reliable rb25det conversion for e28?
Thanks.

D16power

Known Member
May 27, 2005
KL
rb25det can be obtained for a maximum cost of RM7k including labour? & rb20det for a maximum cost of RM5k including labour? cool..
Anyone can recommend me a shop that can do good & reliable rb25det conversion for e28?
Thanks.
the price i mentioned is the halfcut price w/o installation..

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
the price i mentioned is the halfcut price w/o installation..
Halfcut only? hhhmmm.. in that case, i think i might go for RB20det then.. much cheaper.. Thanks for the info bro..

akif

May 31, 2007
Thanks.
where's ya location bro..
if somewhere near penang i can take u to my mech...
lastest tranplant rb20det auto to c200

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
where's ya location bro..
if somewhere near penang i can take u to my mech...
lastest tranplant rb20det auto to c200
My location is in KL/Subang.
rb20det auto to c200? Niceee..
But i want manual.. baru syiokk..:regular_smile:

akif

May 31, 2007
manual oso no prob...
mine is manual...
KL so many w/shop...just ask around...

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
sorry to interrupt u guys.....i have fallen in love for the bmw e30...what is the market price right now?

anyway....i would really love to have a converted bmw..either rb20det or sr20det..but preferably the sr20....

is there anyone selling it out there........?????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Presenting the all new Jeep Wrangler 2011, one of the most capable off-roaders since its inception 60 years ago. This Unlimited Sahara model is able to climb up the rock in a breeze. What's more to love heritage? Enjoy this short video clip of the Jeep crawling up rocks.

YouTube - ‪2011 Jeep Wrangler - "Rock Climber" Commercial‬‏
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience