BMW absorber related

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I'm using E34 and currently running K&W sport suspension ( COIL & ABSORBER ) .
One of the rear absorber gone already, and the car pretty unstable during high speed.

My enquiry is, can TITAN made a custom absorber to match with my K&W coils just for both rear ?

And please quote the expected price. PM me please.

Need quote for 2 front absorbers
Need quote for 2 rear absorbers

Thank you.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hi bazet!

fronts only, OEM style : RM1300
rears only : RM1000

this is because of the extra materials used in the VERY long stroke needed else it wont fit/work!
and also extra extra machining work to fit them brackets (all BMW damn special :o so more work)

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
walau, it's thick some more got long strokes....... :blink:

Stan, just wondering, those E34's that got titaned, they are using full coilovers or dampers only? Where do Titan get their springs from?

Also, what's the cost for BMW E36 318i - dampers only?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
OSFlanker,

the 'long' strokes are actually illusionary. Tom's E30's strokes are about 100mm only, (rested to lifted!)

the long body is needed to packaging purposes, else it wont reach the top of the strut tower!

E34's that got TiTANed are the (usually) the damper only variety..
the one with fronts coilovers.. not that great..
so we recommend, for most BMW's, use our dampers and your choice of 'sport' springs.
Height wise, we can give some room for adjustment BEFORE we weld the spring seats.

anyways,
both
E34 & E36 are RM2300 dampers only..

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Conti car, i would use conti absorbers... bilsteins are wonderful or koni are reliable. What machines have titan got to test their products extensively? How do they fare with rg, hot bits and hwl?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by midship@Jul 26 2004, 02:21 PM
Conti car, i would use conti absorbers... bilsteins are wonderful or koni are reliable. What machines have titan got to test their products extensively? How do they fare with rg, hot bits and hwl?
well..

how we fare?
best to leave the comments to the end-users. (after ppl say me biased.. :( )

but i'm gonna say it anyway!! :lol:
hahahaaha

IF we were to be compared to RG's top range or maybe HWL's Top Range (methinks it's the Rally Spec) We're around there, maybe even better(?)
but then, these sets costs RM4000-5000!

Of course ma, good and great stuff!

OHLiNs and DRUMMONDS only about the RM10k region :lol:

just wanna point out something after all my talk :P
comparing TiTANs range with our competitor's low-end range, not fair to us and them la..

Their stuff is works great for the price, but remember, what you pay is what you get..

but i must really say..
HotBits are a tad.. not on the mark, as a small stack of them shocks in my junk-pile would testify. Now their users 'converted' to TiTANs liaw..

i'm sure some of the ex-HotBits users are using other brands already.

do come and test our products AND feel it for yourself!
machines can't tell it whether it's great or not.
It's HOW you feel :)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Problem with conti or Jap absorbers is that they are not designed for Malaysian roads (we have the worse roads in the world!)... n as a result, they tend to have a very short lifespan.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Malaysians dun have the worst roads......try going to Sumatra.....the pot holes there are bigger than houses and the some of the roads have not been resurfaced since the Japanese occupation.........

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
I am not comparing titan to competitors lower range of models. Pound for pound I think all local made shockers more or less the same.

Not true to say that imported shockers not suited to our roads, because they last shorter on our roads, but still longer than locally made ones. A pair of shockers are meant to last you a few good years before they need to be attended to, wher as local ones seem to require more frequent attention.

How extensive are the tests and machineries used for your shockers?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
we used our customers' feedback for realistic longevity tests.
no dyno involved :(
Rally-tested too.

a good pair of shocks is designed for 50,000km or 2 years..

'local' ones are actually (usually) refered to the lower-end ones.

try TiTANs! i'm pretty confident it'll last 24 months.
and backed by our (2)years warranty AND after-sales service.

so NO worries about any technical details/flaws, whereas imported stuff has almost NO service on this side of the planet.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by OSFlanker@Jul 27 2004, 08:19 AM
Malaysians dun have the worst roads......try going to Sumatra.....the pot holes there are bigger than houses and the some of the roads have not been resurfaced since the Japanese occupation.........
Those places need 4x4s... just like Sabah n Sarawak, no way u can drive a car there...

In terms of road maintainance, we are worse...

They resurface the roads, dig it up after a few weeks, patch it up, potholes here n there. Cement lumps here n there also... Arrgghh!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When Shrek and Fiona come back from their honeymoon, they find an invitation to a royal ball with Fiona's parents to celebrate their marriage, an event Shrek is reluctant to participate in. Fiona talks him into it, and along with Donkey (voiced by Eddie Murphy), they travel to the kingdom of Far Far Away
so r we there yet?.....:rolleyes:

sign of a worn off wax...aka means no protection...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience