Best ECU below 1.1k-1.2k for VTEC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Whats the best choice for piggyback ECUs suitable for VTEC engines ?

Within the price range above excluding dyno and installation :)

Please advice sifus

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

How does e-manage and EM-CON compare?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
E-manage Blue & M7 EM-CON are basically the same module, as what I have read. And the price is around the range of your budget excluding dyno + installation.

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm which is a more worthy buy since they are the same..

In terms of adjustment wise they are the same ?
How about reliability ?

Anybody knows where i can get the two of this in KL/PJ cheap?

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Crome is not a ecu, it is use to chip OBD 1 and Neptune is a standalone. Crome is a best option and a cheap it has many features launch limiter, rev's, vtec controller, fuel tables [High and Low], ignition tables [High and Low]

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
info on where to install crome and the appox pricing pls

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
info on where to install crome and the appox pricing pls
I have no idea from where to get Honda chipped with crome in Malaysia. These days I'm not in Malaysia otherwise I would have done it for you. I don't own a shop, its just my passion and hobby. For chipping you need to have OBD 1 wiring with OBD 1 Distributor. If its not OBD 1 you can OBD 2 to OBD 1 conversion harness and OBD 1 distributor. Which engine do you have ?

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
H22A should be OBD1

Is this similar to those rechip being offered or is Crome a proprietary chip? From the website it seems like just a software. The eprom installed is generic?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro H or B or D vtec engine?

get a chipped ecu to remove rev cut etc.

go for VAFC or HONDATA. but based on ur budget. VAFCII will suffice. 2nd hand RM700-800 can get. tuning rm200

i strongly do not recommend to get an emanage...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
VTEC sifu has spoken. Bro ad_eg, what do you think of Crome or Neptune? There are claims that Crome is same if not better than Hondata. I don't know anyone using it, so would just like to know.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
VTEC sifu has spoken. Bro ad_eg, what do you think of Crome or Neptune? There are claims that Crome is same if not better than Hondata. I don't know anyone using it, so would just like to know.
bro im far from Sifu category ... :bawling: still a lot to learn.

not too sure about crome or neptune bro...but from the typical comments about ECU discussion is.

"all depends on tuner"

so if your tuner is good with neptune or chrome....better go that way...if your tuner is pro vafc/hondata...thats the route you got to go... :)

another thing is whether all those functions in an ECU is something you require or not..and according to budget or not. different setup/application will require diff kind of ecu..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
good review on crome vs hondata: chrome vs hondata - HondaCivicForum.com

read post #2
thanks for the link mate. that one post certainly cleared the doubts on whether hondata or crome.

about bro ad_eg's statement. maybe some of us dont need all the functions in hondata, so vafc would be just fine. this makes sense too. anyone here would say that the only way to go is Hondata? if so, why?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
imho, hondata isnt that expensive these days as compared to when it first came out... one advantage we have is that hondata (s300 especially) is practically the cheapest standalone ECU around that i know of.

plus, it has basically ALL the parameters ull ever need and mebbe more.

at least with this, you can better fine tune your engine to your setup... and best of all you can better fine tune your engine to your FUTURE changes.

i for one am on VAFC + spoon chip. and i would really love to have hondata to fully take advantage of my new setup as well as my future changes. not just about fuel mapping...but also ignition timing etc...

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hondata has an edge over crome no doubt, standalone is a standalone. In Crome you have to go through a long process. Tuning in crome goes this way, need to open ecu first, take out the chip, make a map on crome, burn the chip, lastly place back into the ecu. If you need to alter the map again you need to open your car ecu again. Hondata is not like that, its real time tuning, you can login into ecu make maps and your done. Hondata has an edge if you talk in terms of specs. Like more vast tuning, anti-lag function, fuel + ignition cuts and many others. Crome is the cheapest solution to get launch limiter, accurate afr and aggressive ignition timing. I had my hands both on hondata and crome.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,

I just did a engine transplant from v6 to evo3. I did buy new timing belt set & water pump to my mechanic to change. But the day i going to pick up my car we do test drive and noted boost was only go up to 0.5 seem like can't get higher although in rpm 7K.

Upon checking, we found wastegate diaphgram leaking, then fine coz i willing to change a brand new one. But lastly when almost going home from workshop my car can't start anymore.
And my mechanic angkat head by next...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience