Best ECU below 1.1k-1.2k for VTEC

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Whats the best choice for piggyback ECUs suitable for VTEC engines ?

Within the price range above excluding dyno and installation :)

Please advice sifus

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

How does e-manage and EM-CON compare?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
E-manage Blue & M7 EM-CON are basically the same module, as what I have read. And the price is around the range of your budget excluding dyno + installation.

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm which is a more worthy buy since they are the same..

In terms of adjustment wise they are the same ?
How about reliability ?

Anybody knows where i can get the two of this in KL/PJ cheap?

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Crome is not a ecu, it is use to chip OBD 1 and Neptune is a standalone. Crome is a best option and a cheap it has many features launch limiter, rev's, vtec controller, fuel tables [High and Low], ignition tables [High and Low]

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
info on where to install crome and the appox pricing pls

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
info on where to install crome and the appox pricing pls
I have no idea from where to get Honda chipped with crome in Malaysia. These days I'm not in Malaysia otherwise I would have done it for you. I don't own a shop, its just my passion and hobby. For chipping you need to have OBD 1 wiring with OBD 1 Distributor. If its not OBD 1 you can OBD 2 to OBD 1 conversion harness and OBD 1 distributor. Which engine do you have ?

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
H22A should be OBD1

Is this similar to those rechip being offered or is Crome a proprietary chip? From the website it seems like just a software. The eprom installed is generic?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro H or B or D vtec engine?

get a chipped ecu to remove rev cut etc.

go for VAFC or HONDATA. but based on ur budget. VAFCII will suffice. 2nd hand RM700-800 can get. tuning rm200

i strongly do not recommend to get an emanage...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
VTEC sifu has spoken. Bro ad_eg, what do you think of Crome or Neptune? There are claims that Crome is same if not better than Hondata. I don't know anyone using it, so would just like to know.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
VTEC sifu has spoken. Bro ad_eg, what do you think of Crome or Neptune? There are claims that Crome is same if not better than Hondata. I don't know anyone using it, so would just like to know.
bro im far from Sifu category ... :bawling: still a lot to learn.

not too sure about crome or neptune bro...but from the typical comments about ECU discussion is.

"all depends on tuner"

so if your tuner is good with neptune or chrome....better go that way...if your tuner is pro vafc/hondata...thats the route you got to go... :)

another thing is whether all those functions in an ECU is something you require or not..and according to budget or not. different setup/application will require diff kind of ecu..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ultra Racing Drift Challenge was recently held in the parking lot, in front of Batu Pahat Mall. Organised by Ultra Racing, the drift event has participants locally and from around Malaysia. The crowd turnout today was quite good. Today seems more like a practice round and the real challenge comes tommorow (Sunday, 8th of May, 2011).

I also get to meet Miss Leona Chin, spokesperson for Ultra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience