Best Coolant For SW20 MR2..

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Hi all Sifu,

Mind to ask you all for the best coolant/specific coolant for SW20 MR2. BTW, anyone know where to find SAMCO brand for complete radiator hose kit for my mr2 1st gen? I saw it a lot from oversea market.

Tq for advise..

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Yerp, either get toyota coolant from toyota service center (thats what most do) or coolant directly from the petrol station..... avoid spare part shop nyer fluids...... Dr Snape, you got your high idling issues solved?

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Hi

EDDYSW20 : yup, i've tune it back to normal. Currently my baby in perfect condition. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

MRTWO : I think the rasional is normal water can cause corrosion. Battery water is distilled water, never cause corrosion.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Good to hear that Snape..... and the battery water is to avoid corrosion due to other bottled water have tons of impurities in it. Basically, do not put in 'mineral water' into your radiator...... it would assist or even promote corrosion.... mineral water you sindiri kasi hantam laaa, itu kereta kasi distilled water...... manyak syok.... hahaha

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
I am sure its really allot cause it travels all the way to the front. The exact quantity is written in the service manual. Anyhow, recommended to replace only one bottle of coolant and the rest bottles of battery water. I wrote something on coolant water ratio, have a look at it. Its good info.

At the end of all this, make sure you bleed the coolant system per the service manual. Its very important and it works real well. And of course, try to bypass the heater system, that takes allot of coolant and it serves no purpose, if anything its the reason why allot of coolant systems fail in malaysia. Coolant leaks inside the cabin or unexplained wet carpet are often attributed to that!!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr..i think at toyota LLC bottle written never exceed 30%coolant-70%water ratio if not mistaken.....

so as long stick to that ratio it shouldn't be major problem....(my ride not toyota but suing toyota's coolant) great coolant and not so expensive :adore: :biggrin:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hehehe..it cost around rm28 to rm30 at any toyota service centre..unless if u can getting cheap one but no guarantee original cost rm20 at any spare part shop.My friend say lot of fake spare part..coolant just plain water mix red powder...fake!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wonder when you will really get your ass screwed by the most unsuspecting person?

A greedy uncle who help tow my car to the nearest shop gave me just that, a damn RM500 BILL!!! EPIC RAGE on my part when i saw that number.

This is a damn crime against a person who only need a small favour, and i would gladly pay the fee of the proper RM150 cost!!! Damn im pissed, isn't there any other way i can settle this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience