Best affordable alarm system

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hye all. I'm planning to upgrade my alarm. Currently I'm using OEM alarm and I have doubt that this is insufficient. So I just want to ask for recommendations for any good alarms, be it 1 way or 2 way, that fits the bill....and please keep in mind I'm kinda broke, so I'm aiming for anything arond RM500~Rm700.I tried doing a survey through the net for prices but most of the online retailers in Malaysia doesn't provide prices....so I'm asking you guys.:wavey: Thanks!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Viper 350 HV not bad..a lot of features..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Go goggle that model to find out abt the features, as for the price i've seen somebody in zth selling ard rm500 if i'm not mistaken..

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
last 3 years i bought the most basic "clifford" alarm.. can get below RM1K.. now i'm not sure about the prices.. try to get any decent brand, those cheap one will give tons of problems

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm...how about steelmate and crimefighter(sp?) alarms? Are they decent, or should I just go for Viper, Clifford, etc??

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i've used steelmate b4, the 2way with lcd screen wan, not bad..As for Crimefighter, i saw a lot of negative comments abt them, i havent use b4, so i cant comment..Go for the branded wan la for reliability, the viper 350 hv is really affordable ma..still within yr budget..

Viper - Viper 350 Plus 1-Way Security System

stuffx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
what is the great thing about viper alarm system? is it hard to be disabled by thieves?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
No alarms dat cant be disabled by thieves, just how long he takes only..I have not use any viper alarms b4 but from most of the reviews online, it's quite reliable..I used to install a korean brand alarm system on my car, it costs me rm1288 few years ago, it's a 2way alarm with lcd screen, it auto lock/unlock when u go near the car with the remote control..it works perfectly for few months when there was 1 night it unlocks by itself at night, then couple of weeks later during day time, the same thing happened..Who knows how many times it unlocks by itself without me knowing throughout the period i'm using it..

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It unlocks itself?? Haha, that's one rebellious alarm that. I think I get what you're saying...Viper,Clifford 1 way is still better than any 2 way of the same price. Thanks for the help! By the way, the price is around RM 500 right?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hye all. I'm planning to upgrade my alarm. Currently I'm using OEM alarm and I have doubt that this is insufficient. So I just want to ask for recommendations for any good alarms, be it 1 way or 2 way, that fits the bill....and please keep in mind I'm kinda broke, so I'm aiming for anything arond RM500~Rm700.I tried doing a survey through the net for prices but most of the online retailers in Malaysia doesn't provide prices....so I'm asking you guys.:wavey: Thanks!
I think it's better if you understand what car you're driving. Because if you have a Civic, then the alarm requirements will be slightly different than say a EG or a Jazz. (I'm assuming you're driving a Honda because of your avatar pic)

Firstly I suggest you try to find out how your particular model is stolen these days. Then only get a suitable setup to counter that problem. Kinda like how Myvi's have a weakspot hood release, Civics and Citys have a boot weakspot, etc.

It's better you understand what needs to be fixed and counter that rather than spend money on an alarm that can be disabled so easily. I personally know how to do it for most cars so imagine what the pros (thieves) can do.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
nice thread!

i am sourcing for a good alarm too.

But what i wondering is......

is famous alarm system like viper / clifford easy to disable because it is famous? :bird:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my questions:

1.) how much is 195/50/15 for Advan Neova? New price plus installation, balancing and alignment.

2.) comments about Falken Ziex?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience