Bad experience at car repair shop

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

purist

It was a bad experience. There is nothing I can do to change it because it is in the past. We cannot change the past. The best thing is to learn from the past to be more careful in the future. The lesson I can take from this experience is:
1)Never trust a stranger to tow breakdown or accident car to an unkown workshop.
2)Always tow your car to a trusted workshop.

That is the lessons I can took from this experience. I hope you all and me will be saved from being cheated in the future. with regards.

Last edited:
Hmm....thanks for the info bro. Nowdays these fellers are trying to make quick money. Good that you have reported the problem the consumer association and got it fixed.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car and
your pocket. But there is a section where most of us
post those bad workshops name in that Thread.

And always bear in mind as been advised never ever let at
tow truck or a call man tow your car to the workshop he
recommended. Never ever do that. This will result in getting
con and giving your car more problems that was did on
purpose just to ensure that u come back more often.

Always insist that they tow ur car to a workshop u prefer.
If u dun have one, can always call ur friends to see if they
know any good mechs or just to be safe, go back to
Service Center.

:top:

good thing u report it...if it happened to me ah, i wont let the shop get away...
i will find ways to report him, will drag him to court if i have too......
make police report, file another claim to TTPM (tribunal) & majistret court.....

When did this happen? Sure to avoid this place...

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

FYI, your car insurance usually hav breakdown assist now... So, reliable... The problem with workshops are with the people... (or the owner)...

The first time I took the car from the car repair shop is on 25th February 2011. The second time after the tribunal case was on 20th May 2011. Becareful with insurance tower. make sure they your car to an honest and trusted workshop. your trusted workshop. not just any shop or their unknown panel workshop.

Yup... usually, the car tower should tow to your workshop... in any case...

Otherwise, just call the insurance hotline to complain...

you are a very good consumer. never let them get away with their criminal acts. teach them a lesson.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

sorry to hear about what happened to you. how can we easily be conned? perhaps we should educate ourselves more about cars, repairing, servicing and mantaining it. basic knowledge about car, repair and maintenance.

That was long long time ago when I had my first car....during study days.......now improved a lot....thanks to ZTH....hehehe

if any mech tells me that, i would say, hang on, quote me the workmanship charges ONLY for the parts u mention. if its reasonable i will buy my own oils etc......& pay for workmanship....if its higher than market rate just leave the shop & do it somewhere else.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom