B6t Parts

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by satako@Sep 30 2004, 12:10
B6T,

I have also this problem with the setup of b8 flywheel and b6 clutch. Have done skimming on the flywheel. Oil seal has been broken and replace. Clutch is already uprated, still the clutch is slipping.

I am using b8t, running at only 0.7 bar. So what's your advise. What is still wrong with this setup?

TKK, remember a black lantis.... I'm back !!!!
my dear friend,

how are you... have so long never heard from you.. i tot you are missing after get married hehehe...

what your have done for your car so far?

satako

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
b6t r,
wow this is getting more technical than i can ever imagine. to tell u the truth, i am still learning all this clutch stuff, combining them bla bla bla. In fact i am not sure which part has been skimmed on the flywheel and also how my mechanic uprated my clutch. this is all i know from what he told me. moreover, how do we differenciate if we are using the clutch of b8 or b6? The all i know is that i am using a b6 gearbox. during transplant, all the flywheel and the clutch should have gone to the gearbox can they? So let's say i have a b8 clutch, what's would be the problem?? my clutch is only 1 year old., think should have a lot still inside. Thanks for your guide man... appreciate that.

KK, doing fine here man. Am back in KL. My wife just delivered a Baby Boy !! I am a happy father. Done on my car... NOTHING !!!! Is a family car for now. I just want to solve the clutch from slipping on boost. Hey I will PM you my new hp no.

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by satako@Sep 30 2004, 14:24
b6t r,
wow this is getting more technical than i can ever imagine. to tell u the truth, i am still learning all this clutch stuff, combining them bla bla bla. In fact i am not sure which part has been skimmed on the flywheel and also how my mechanic uprated my clutch. this is all i know from what he told me. moreover, how do we differenciate if we are using the clutch of b8 or b6? The all i know is that i am using a b6 gearbox. during transplant, all the flywheel and the clutch should have gone to the gearbox can they? So let's say i have a b8 clutch, what's would be the problem?? my clutch is only 1 year old., think should have a lot still inside. Thanks for your guide man... appreciate that.

KK, doing fine here man. Am back in KL. My wife just delivered a Baby Boy !! I am a happy father. Done on my car... NOTHING !!!! Is a family car for now. I just want to solve the clutch from slipping on boost. Hey I will PM you my new hp no.
i got your email anyway..

congratulation for your baby boy...

so stay in same place? jus give us a call ok. we stil hang out together. but most of our car now is different setup seen you meet us until now

big different man. everyone seen like going to marry hehehe.

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
sakato,

actually there's no difference in the sizes of the clutches...the difference between the B8 and the B6 gearboxes are mainly the bell housing (and the ratios in some cases)...the B6 can bolt on to the BPT engine but short of 2 screws only...most of the OEM clutch replacements for the turbo models locally are for the telstar or 626 carburator models...most of these model have a rubberised sprung hub instead of springs...not easy to even get the OEM B6 turbo clutch which has 4 double springs in the hub...i had one hardly used..dunno fly where already???...but the difference between the flywheels are only the offset on the backside which bolts down to the crank shaft...

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM???...i have no clue coz you don't even know what's been done to your own flywheel and "upgraded" clutch...your best bet if you're willing to make the problem go away for good is RM1,300-00 +/- exedy B8 clutch and buy another flywheel and start from scratch...i'm using that in my B6 now...seems ok so far...my GUESS is that either you could have been taken for a ride with your upgraded clutch OR they definitely got the offset wrong OR the OEM replacements can't hold...i had the same problem years ago when i used the telstar clutch..GOOD LUCK BRO...!!!

Kurt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
i dont know about b6 b8..

but for miata 1.6 and 1.8 the clutch can interchange..just that you must have the whole thing..
if you wanan use 1.6 then u need the clutch, clutch cover and flywheel in one set.

you can't use 1.6 clutch ,1.6 clutch cover.. and then use 1.8 flywheel ..

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by algojo9@Sep 30 2004, 22:18
how about B6 bumper....how much
put in B8 bumper will look nice for BF body...

abbiey

May 11, 2004
Originally posted by B6T-R@Sep 29 2004, 16:38
abbie
...since people claim you have the fastest B6 around???...have you snapped your crankshaft before???...or have you modified yours to the miata one's as well...having problems with mine... :(
B6T-R,

first thing first .... my B6T is not as they claim to be the fastest around....... the engine is showing its ages now.... need a rebuilt I think but she still pulling hard anyway.

To answer the question. My engine is a small intake manifold version...... I face the same problem with my first engine but only facing a wobbling crank pulley (I'm running on a 2nd engine, 1st engine piston picah ) ....but on my current engine... so far I didn't face the problem (I hope not :) ) .... my 2nd engine is the last version of B6T...... it have an aluminium sum like B8T. BTW a common problem with B6T...... the engine is so powerful until the crank cannot tahan hehehehe.

ABie.

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
abie,

you sure your wobbly crank pulley not because of the crank nose already patah but the bolt is the one that's keeping it intact????...mine started like that...only noticed the problem coz the timing retarded quite a lot and when we unscrewed the bolt, the pulley with the nose just came off...think you better give it a check dude...

abbiey

May 11, 2004
Originally posted by B6T-R@Oct 1 2004, 08:51
abie,

you sure your wobbly crank pulley not because of the crank nose already patah but the bolt is the one that's keeping it intact????...mine started like that...only noticed the problem coz the timing retarded quite a lot and when we unscrewed the bolt, the pulley with the nose just came off...think you better give it a check dude...
B6T-R,

The crank pulley wobbling issue was on my 1st engine... that engine is history. My current engine is OK... no wobbling ... so hopefully no issue on that thing. Anyway thanks for the reminder.....

ABie.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SAtria SPoiler.. giv some idea pls... gonna change spoiler... mugen sideskirt, Putra front skirt,2 small piece rear skirt and i wanna change spoiler... what spoiler suitable for me?? any idea pls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience