B18C GSR vs B16A

aranny2001

Jun 29, 2011
guys, compare btw B18C GSR and B16A, which one maintenance wise is cheaper? more reliable ? by the way what is the common problem for this 2 halfcut engine? my engine just dead yesterday night after 17 years :bawling:.... now have to spend money to transplant... my driving style is not aggressive... which one suit for me ? :wavey::wavey:

ddv_nk12

May 18, 2011
PD
Bro, mind to share what went wrong with your engine? IMO, B16A would suit you. If you want slightly more power, then go for B18C.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Depends on ur budget, if money not a problem then better choose b18c, bigger cc more torque. But if u have lower budget then go for b16a, in future still can change block to b18c/b20b.

mysayasan

Jul 25, 2009
b18c GSR FTW

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
bro, u asked so many times about this already still haven't decide? its obvious the bigger cc wins. no comparison. i assure u.

if u do otherwise, u will 1029387289631% regret. this is statistically proven by all the previous b16a owners.

dont need to ask already. b18c straight. i can guarantee u, if u go for b16a, within 1-2 years, u will source for a 1.8.....

been there done that

aranny2001

Jun 29, 2011
bro, u asked so many times about this already still haven't decide? its obvious the bigger cc wins. no comparison. i assure u.

if u do otherwise, u will 1029387289631% regret. this is statistically proven by all the previous b16a owners.

dont need to ask already. b18c straight. i can guarantee u, if u go for b16a, within 1-2 years, u will source for a 1.8.....

been there done that
yea lo..... very hard to make decision cause dunno which one is good.. and alot of things need to consider lo.... like fuel consumption which play and important rule for my wallet... lol....

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

what happen to ur current engine? what is ur current engine? clock how many km and died?
alot of problem, in the end suddenly temp rise , pull over try to start back again but failed due to low battery... then ask the tow service tow the car back to my house, next day after battery changed, my car started but thick white smoke came out from the exhaust and idling sound like the boxer engine ==.... i think gasket gone... since ive top overhaul it last few months, i think this engine if not fit anymore for daily use... this car about 17 years already... how many km don remember already

YEN96

May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
there is no replacement for displacement in Honda Vtec context.

Want to pull tarik RPM ...use lower cc ..B16a ,b16B or B18.

Once u go up higher cc, ur max. rpm drop.

aranny2001

Jun 29, 2011
there is no replacement for displacement in Honda Vtec context.

Want to pull tarik RPM ...use lower cc ..B16a ,b16B or B18.

Once u go up higher cc, ur max. rpm drop.
im not a guy who like to rev so high... lol.... just wanna get a vtec engine for like overtaking use perhaps... :rofl:

mADmAN

even EF can tahan B20 and F20 and H22 without the need to mod the chassis...why u wanna say ur chassis cannot tahan?

and for ur driving...the whole overtaking thing... b16 definitely NOT for u...coz ur looking for torque. and VVT engines like VTEC, MIVEC etc have a tendency of lacking torque.

go for D16 and turbocharge it. ull get ur torque then....n dont have to worry much about fuel consumption if its properly tuned. road tax still cheap somemore.

but if u still want VTEC NA...either B18C GSR or B20..but fuel will consume more than B16...not by much..but still more...again, also depending on ur tune.

imho. DOHC VTECs dont suit u. theyre for people who like to rev high and slightly aggressive driving. if u just want extra power for normal overtaking and driving... D16 turbo is the wat suits u.

aranny2001

Jun 29, 2011
even EF can tahan B20 and F20 and H22 without the need to mod the chassis...why u wanna say ur chassis cannot tahan?

and for ur driving...the whole overtaking thing... b16 definitely NOT for u...coz ur looking for torque. and VVT engines like VTEC, MIVEC etc have a tendency of lacking torque.

go for D16 and turbocharge it. ull get ur torque then....n dont have to worry much about fuel consumption if its properly tuned. road tax still cheap somemore.

but if u still want VTEC NA...either B18C GSR or B20..but fuel will consume more than B16...not by much..but still more...again, also depending on ur tune.

imho. DOHC VTECs dont suit u. theyre for people who like to rev high and slightly aggressive driving. if u just want extra power for normal overtaking and driving... D16 turbo is the wat suits u.
haha, i dun really want hassle problem like bolt on.. may be still stick to na b series... i thought if gsr fit into my eg9 will be save fuel due to light chasis?

mADmAN

then go find B18B halfcut and install..should be cheaper coz no demand.

1.8 non vtec....slightly more torque than GSR but peak torque is 1k rpm earlier. more suitable for ur driving

or get B20B halfcut..no need to VTEC it...just run it stock. even more torque

but if u INSIST on wanting VTEC... B18C GSR....the end.

this morning around 5-6 ....2 wajas ...kena break in...housing area....
one waja lost his smart tag,,which baru top up rm 500 bucks.....another waja..only break mirror..coz owner saw and shouted...

got 2 theif..driving white colour wira....with loud exhaust..damn those idiots...and they already marked my family cars (my neighbour saw them taking flash light and pointing in the car., negihbour shouted...then they ran..but couldnt get number plate)....coz both car park outside.....damn...