B16A Intake Manifolds

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Juz curious if any1 knows, will a B16A2 intake manifold wif the t/body swap in2 a B16A1 head easily or need some mods??

I noticed tt the small v has quite a complicated lookin t/body........

another question would a big v head fit on a small v block......

hav u tot of it???:party:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
the manifold should fit...

as for the head.. depend on the locations of the dowel pins.

as it being a workable setup.. dunno.. is the combustion chamber diameter same?

Last edited:

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
head confirmed can fit....

manifold also can. but u need to know how to modify. workshop ppl can do for u.

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
when u mentioned mod, wat needs modding? the heads looks kinda identical but the t/body is the obvious 1........

n r the cam profiles the same? small v vs. big v ........ auto g/box v. manual g/box

quite curious......

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
small v n big v cam profile of course different le....

auto n manual also different.....

wat needs modding u hav to ask the mechs...or u wait till i mod mine...haha

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
haha..... always wanted 2 find 4 myself... of course on some websites, the specs stated r diff.....

mine is very complicated...... factory rojak.... sigh..... dunno itsa good thing o not!!?? honda is freakin good at in confusing ppl..... hehehe

heres 1 example for reference.....

http://www.teirney.net/civic/B16AReference.htm#JdmStatistics

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
can...last time mine was b16a1 aso then i change the head n the complete intake manifold system tu big v from eg9....yes, its just the TB thingy that have to mod a bit...but its pretty easy ....mechanic tht familiar with b16a sure can do for u...

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
thanks oderf, good 2 know tt..... i believe the part tt needs 2 b modded shuld b the idle valve.... not mistaken its called a IAV rite??

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
Oderf said:
can...last time mine was b16a1 aso then i change the head n the complete intake manifold system tu big v from eg9....yes, its just the TB thingy that have to mod a bit...but its pretty easy ....mechanic tht familiar with b16a sure can do for u...
wahhh.. no wonder laa... change the head edi... :mouth_closed:

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
SA6Y, i change the whole thing including the idle valve control....not too sure what the other mod tho but i notice the sensor on the TB have to be moved from originally on the firewall (DA6 engine) to the TB itself (94 spec EG9).

XXX, yes i was once running with small v from DA6 but with 4.4 FD, hydraulic clutch gbox on my EK...

Hattech, change head but power loss..how ?

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
hattech-v, wat izzat?? u runnin on 2 filters?? damn ganas woi!! idling ok meh?? how come both ends lubang 1?? modified izzit??

oderf, i c but i got mine replaced wif a toyota unit so its now been re-routed...... more reliable than honda n mitsubishi as i was told..... so far its ok.....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,greetings,I have some questions about coilovers,I was about to change my standard shock to TEIN HA coilovers,Then i test ride on my friend cars with TEIN also,driving performance are smooth while taking curved but,when it come to coarse road,the ride become very harsh,I want to balance beetween comfort ride and lowered car,Is it advisable to use coilover on malaysian road,I live in kl.My ride have 40 profile tyre.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience