auto to manual conversion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PedalToTheMetal

Known Member
hi guys..pls help..
i'm thinkin of buying a mx3 wif 1.5 dohc in it..but the thing is, its an auto trans..
my questions is:
i'm planing to drop in either a bpt or a b6t with manual trans in it..but do i need the gear console from a manual mx3? or just the gearbox it self will do?(of cuz the hydros and clutch pump is needed) thanks...sorry guys..i'm still new in this..thanks again!

:( bump plss mazda/ford owners...
another Q :around how much is the conversion for b6t?(estimation)-including jpj,installation and g/box)
thanks again..:confused_smile:

Last edited:
i dont know about mx3 much...is the chasis same with BG? what year is your mx3 bro? if wanna convert, why not convert it to b8(BPT/BPD)? B8 has better options for future upgrades. is it a FWD or RWD?
if wanna change from auto to manual tranny, the gear console should also be the manual one. or i think the recushion shops can custom for u a nice gear shifter console by modifying the auto gear console.
about the conversion costs, its almost the same either B6T or BPT.not too sure about JPJ. the halfcut costs around rm3k-rm3.5k i think for current market. if u opt for b6t, and u managed to get a FWD b6t, u'll save cost on gearbox and driveshaft. while if u opt for BPT, u need to find a FWD gearbox and driveshaft.
installation, for normal rides like BF & BG should be around rm1.2k to rm1.5k. plus additional charges on parts changed like timing belt, clutch set, oil seals, gear/engine oil etc etc. need to know is your mx3's chassis and mountings are the same with BF or BG.

Top Bottom