How To Identify Car Conversion Auto To Manual

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
As tittle above, how? if someone had done conversion from auto to manual, will he need update JPJ to change the car garan state (A) to (MT)?? or car garan can't be change ever since the origin is an auto car from factory..
How Do We Know This Car Is Original Manual Since out from factory,cause im considering a 18years old car..

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mostly they didn't send to puspakom for transmission type change...

so quite straightfoward check in garant....
but if they already did then it was quite hard to check....

unless (for proton cars) u can peek at the clutch paddle and see if the sound insulation torn/cut roughly by mechanics or cut nicely by the factory.....especially around the linkage hole of clutch cable/masterpump

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
i needed to get mine inspected when i wanted to transfer my car back to Sarawak. It was an auto,got bored of it..In went a manual.. Driving a Wira 4G91...
What i "heard", there is some new policy saying that any changes,even to the gearbox, needs to be 'certified'?? Checked with JPJ etc...Cant really remember since i did it way back in 2006..
But,good to have it done, in case anything happen, which well, it did..Made the insurance claim,a little bit easier... And,btw, i had a runner do it for me..rm350.. Did not want the hassle of going up and down, Putrajaya JPJ, back down KL JPJ..Cant remember if Puspakom was involved...

Oh ya,maybe the straight forward way to check if it was an auto before, the meter cluster..im still using the auto meter cluster for my speedo...HAve not bothered to change that yet...hahaha

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
i'm interested to convert to MT too. But RM350 just to get the paperwork done is kind of expensive.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
depending on model, u may find differences between auto n manual in one or more of the following:

1. VIN plate no.
2. ecu model / no.
3. injectors
4. auto may have g/box cooler
5. auto may have gear indicator on speedo

Last edited:

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
i need it to check on a 1992 civic eg6.. i think every parts of that car might 100% changed, coz its a 19 years car.. but actually changing auto to manual need mounting for an eg6?? damn i wan it manual since out from factory..

Aug 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys...if i want to change my old engine which is auto into a halfcut engine which is manual..will it cause any trouble when i send it for endorse?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So we have established that the new Toyota 86 inherits the vital DNAs from the old AE86, maintaining the important bits of a fun-to-drive, rear-wheel drive sports coupe. If anything, It had impressed us at ZTH as well as the respected pro drifter, Tengku Djan. These are contributing assurances that the 86 is here to stay and is on it's way to becoming the next big thing in the motorsports scene real...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience