Audi R8 Crash in Moscow

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Lately there has been reports on strange series of accidents with the ultimate Audi R8. It was not in Russia but in some other West European country, the newest and limited edition R8 was burned down in matter of seconds, Its light metal body melted down and nobody could explain the strange phenomenon. One Audi R8 less. But the reasons are not so mysterious as in Europe.

Source:
English Russia » Audi R8 Crash in Moscow

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I think the car is technically OK. It's probably becoz the driver was OVERLY enthusiastic behind the wheel. The driver also probably thinking that the car can do wonders.....

Heck, even the best handling car can crash.....F1 car with best driver oso can crash.....

The culprit is the driver.

sidewinder

Sep 16, 2007
As always, Audi always rush their cars out to compete and end up with crashes and loss of life as in the case of the earlier TTs until they rectified the prob 2 yrs later with a fixed rear spoiler and revised suspension geometry to sort out handling probs.

Looks like it's the same issue here with the R8. Looks great but not too sure about handling. Yes, most times, drivers would tend to the culprits but if the vehicle is flawed somewhat, a dunce driver is more likely to get into more trouble...

R8 in M'sia? Quite unlikely, unless it's a LHD. Too soon to be here and too expensive for now. I think it's likely to be a '07 TT - beautiful car and a bargain at sub RM400k. But I'd go for a Golf GTi and mod it further with the spare change from not getting da new TT.

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
i think 07' TT.... coz the front is the same. diff is the headlight and the side panel. R8 got carbon fiber while 07' TT don gab any. plus money only cant buy this car..... only selected people can buy this car. correct me if am wrong. coz enzo also like that

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know any bodyshop in Malaysia which can do PDR repairs on cars? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience