Attention all Kia Rio owners!!

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
hey peeps!:wavey:

Im planning to create a Kia Rio only car club as we currently don't have one in existence. Through this, we could share all sorts of information ranging from modifications to spare parts and chop shops to further enjoy our rides since its relatively rare and not to forget the occasional TTs and expeditions to foster closer ties among Rio owners.

P/S If you know of anyone be it family members or friends who drives a Kia Rio, pls do in form them of such intentions aight?

**all Kia Rios from 2001 onwards are free to join...

I need at least 10 Rio owners for the proposal of a Kia Rio club to be formed.

(Why a Rio only club?Cause we are an indeed rare species on malaysian roads!)

cheers guys!!

hope to receive much support!:biggrin:

Last edited:

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Good luck to you Ian! I am new here and I feel you coz I owned an AD Resort before and it is also rare but already sold off the car.

Anyway, I would like to tumpang your thread here to spread the word out about an upcoming charity event.

Star-Motoring.com and AllMalaysiaN Bloggers Project (AMBP) will be co-organising
a charity car wash event with Hospis
Malaysia.

This event focuses on raising funds and creating awareness on the endeavours of
Hospis
Malaysia, by organizing a fund raising activity to the public to aid in the
daily operations of the organization.

We would like to invite your esteemed Club members to participate in this event.

The details of the event:

Date:
Saturday and Sunday, 13th & 14th December 2008

Venue:
Leo Auto Service Sdn. Bhd. (KIA Service Centre)
No 201, Batu 4, Jalan Kelang Lama, Kuala Lumpur

Time:
Dec 13: 8.00am – 4.00pm
Dec 14:8.00am – 2.00pm

Activities:

• Car wash (including vacuum) @ RM20
  • FREE18 point inspection for cars
  • Labour charge WAIVEDfor engine oil & filter change

We look forward to seeing your participation in this event.
Please contact me 016 205 4088 for further details.

Please spread the word around ya.

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
yups too rare dy....

aiks nak tumpang thread pulak......hhahahaa....farnie la u....

ni_juan82

Nov 21, 2005
HI Ian,

It is very kind of you. I'm 1 on of the rio owner. I own a 1.3 Rio 2004 with new facelift. been searching for any local group for rio couple years ago but doesnt meet one. I had joined singapore RIOSTER club(if i not mistaken) but not active due to distance and most of the event they made held in singapore or johor only, while i'm staying at K.L.

Really appreciate if i can be a member of your new RIO club. hope other RIO owners will join this club.

i can be contacted at email : [email protected] or i will try my best to update any news about this club through the thread.

Thank You

WAN (WLT 2692)

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Hi Ian,

Good for you. I also own a 2003 Kia Rio 1.3 beside my celica. I am also a partner of Trial Dyno Works. Lets get the ball rolling. I'm in. I can give special discount for Dyno runs plus some advise on performance upgrade. PM me if you need more info to set up the club.

Andy

ni_juan82

Nov 21, 2005
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your support..so how's Ian...anything we can help?...

Wan

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your support..so how's Ian...anything we can help?...

Wan
Hi Wan,
I also dont know what happen to Ian lah! You know any friends that would like to dyno their car? I have just set up Trial Dyno Works. Do recommend me if you come across anyone who would like to dyno their ride. You interested?

Andy
(Trial Dyno Works)
016-3211929

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Andy,

where is your dyno trial located?

wan.
Hi Wan,
Happy Chinese New Year, we are located in Taman Sungai Besi. We will reopen for business on Monday (1st of Feb) Attached is a map to our place.

Rgds
Andy
(Trial Dyno Works)
016-3211929

Attachments

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
hey andy n wan!

sry 4 d late reply but dis thread has been quite dead for sum time thts y i never bother to check...tot d idea of a Rio club can b buried for good..haha...

its really nice to know that u guys own Rios as well n andy has a workshop of his own...cool!

so let's start d ball rolling...

any idea wat to name d club?i.e. :
Kia Rio Owners Club(KROC)
Kia Rio Club Malaysia(KRCM)

so currently theres like 3 of us ler...
1. Ian
2. Wan
3. Andy

but we need more...hmm....

what do u suggest andy abt forming dis club?

i was just thinking...
i think d main problem with forming dis club is getting d amount of cars needed cuz i can hardly c hw 3 of us constitutes to a club...haha
plus, if we can get sum form of affliation to andy's Trial Dyno, things shud kick off quite well...
hmm...
so d question really is...how to get at least 5-10 Rios?
or mebbe promote dis suggestion at Naza Kia Club Msia?
hmmm.......

ian

Last edited:

ni_juan82

Nov 21, 2005
Ian n andy,

i like both idea of promote the suggestion to Naza m'sia club and also maybe we can workout some design of flyers. We can distribute them to any rio that we meet. also maybe Andy can put the flyers at his shop plus with the reistration form. How's that.

thanks,

wan

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Hi Guys,

I dont mind using my workshop for any club activities. The problem i foresee is getting more Rio owners! To be honest, i seldom see any Rios on the road nowadays. Come to think of it, i saw more Rios in Ipoh than in KL during the CNY holidays. All with Perak registration numbers. I know quite a number of car clubs like the Altezza boys, the Celica boys, E-kereta club and etc. They are all my regular clients for Trial Dyno Works and also Trial Tuning Spirit Malaysia.

Let me know how i can help.

Andy
(Trial Dyno Works)
016-3211929

mcbert

Jun 9, 2004
Thrs a "KIA-club" tht has been around for quite sometimes with members from the early days of year 2002 from autoworld, to motortrader, to proboards, to its so-called "official" website, and now back to proboards.

Here's the link:
http://www.mynazakia.proboards36.com/

Discussions made on performance mods, handling, ICE, exterior outlook, maintenances and also custom fabrication of performance stuff....whr else to get performance stuff for KIA if u dont custom-made it?..:banghead:

Under mynazakia (also knw as Club4NazaKiaOwner), cars incld. KIA+NAZA of coz... members are Spectra owners, Rio1.3, Rio1.4, Optima, Caren, Citra, Rondo, Picanto, Sutera, Ria, Carnival, Sorento, Sportage. Anythg i missed? Spectra/Rio/Citra/Picanto owners r among the most active forumers thr.

Hav fun.

Yo Andy,
How come never come over for drinks leh...?:listen:

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Thrs a "KIA-club" tht has been around for quite sometimes with members from the early days of year 2002 from autoworld, to motortrader, to proboards, to its so-called "official" website, and now back to proboards.

Here's the link:
http://www.mynazakia.proboards36.com/

Discussions made on performance mods, handling, ICE, exterior outlook, maintenances and also custom fabrication of performance stuff....whr else to get performance stuff for KIA if u dont custom-made it?..:banghead:

Under mynazakia (also knw as Club4NazaKiaOwner), cars incld. KIA+NAZA of coz... members are Spectra owners, Rio1.3, Rio1.4, Optima, Caren, Citra, Rondo, Picanto, Sutera, Ria, Carnival, Sorento, Sportage. Anythg i missed? Spectra/Rio/Citra/Picanto owners r among the most active forumers thr.

Hav fun.

Yo Andy,
How come never come over for drinks leh...?:listen:
Oooiii mcbert,
Gong Xi Fa Chai, when are you coming to dyno your kia lah!! Come chit chat lah at Trial. Bring some Kia owners also.

andy

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
hey mcbert,

but mynazakia club convoy like with all nazakia cars leh....dun have like outing for just rios only....summore dunno why support naza like go visit naza service center all....hmm....

ian

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ermm im currently riding on a b16a.....it seems to be not enough for me due to performance wise but there is limited $$$....(sigh) maybe around 1k to 2k.....what should i do best wit my car ? change block ??racing clutch ? racing cam ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience