Atos or Kenari or others...

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Guys my GF is planning to buy car and budget is around 60K. We were surveing for Atos.. but we heard that Atos is not a good car interms of performance and FC
Now waana go for Kenari... between these 2 cars(Kenari and Atos) which is better interms of:
1)Performance(just day to day drive, office back to home and vice versa)
2)FC
3)spare parts
4) Re-sale value.

Or if there is any other car please suggest... No Protons..

Thanks guys..

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
RM60k budget and you aiming Atos or Kenari?!?!?! Or is that a typo error?
SIXTY THOUSAND RINGGIT BUDGET RIGHT?

New car?

Perodua Myvi (Pay the ransom or bribe or watever they regard it as to get the car faster.)

Toyota Avanza (Lowered, bigger offset rims (15-16 inci) will do the job. Super good looking.

No Protons and No Inokom Atos or Hyundai Atos also ! :D

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
yup correct bro.. RM60K budget...and yes looking for new car

No Myvi ler.. and no Avanza ler...:regular_smile:

We just checked out Atos and Kenari coz those are still within the budget.. if we look for soemthing else sure it will go above the budget lah...

wira_na

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Around 60K ar....Getz 1.3 or add a bit more to get 1.5 Aveo/Getz

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
wira_na said:
Around 60K ar....Getz 1.3 or add a bit more to get 1.5 Aveo/Getz
Hi Bro Getz 1.3 is over 60 lor....The max is 60 ler.. not more than that...
Thanks anyway...

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
we also had a look at Picanto but she didn't like it since the interior was a bit too small ler

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Yup I suggested to get Myvi.. but she doesn't like it lah...
Just called up the Hyundai Agent and he told me that Getz 1.3 is around 66K... may be have to ask her to increase her budget lah.... hmmmm

hobcai

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
sure kenari lol !!

4 item that u mentioned also kenari better.

kenari ==>>dohc engine powerfula and low FC, low maintaince (half cut), high resale value.

atos ==>> sohc 4cyclinder , most user feedback drink petro, high maintaince (import), resale value nott bad

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
why not the myvi? value for money. best car for the price. only one in its price bracket with abs and airbag.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hahaha.

The first thing that crossed my mind after reading the first post was; "60k budget and your shortlist is Atos and Kenari???".

Then it struck me that those would be your choices if you knock out any Protons.

Anyway, my 2 cents;

The new Atos is UGLY. If your GF don't like the Picanto or the Myvi, I can't see how she would like the new Atos. The old Atos used to have better looks, but the engine was not very good and the fuel consumption wasn't what you expect with small capacity cars like this.

The Kenari is a car you buy if you like to spend a lot more for a little bit more. This is because there is the Kelisa. Same everything apart from the Kenari having a few inches more headroom. You do the math and decide whether it is worth it.

My advice. Go for the Myvi. In terms of looks and blah blah blah, everything else; it is better than anything else in your shortlist.

Either that or increase the budget.

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
I'm not sure what other car that we can get within 60K.. up to now we have looked for Atos and Kenari....still finding for others lah....

May be I will try to change her mind to go for Myvi.. if not then she has increase her budget lah....

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I still can't quite get why she will actually not like the Myvi but will consider the Atos and the Kenari. The Myvi is just better in EVERY way (apart from the waiting list). To me that is a no brainer.

Girls have fuddled minds sometimes. It is up to us guys to make the correct decision for them. Dude, do the right thing.

amadeus

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
atos quite makan minyak according to my fren who owns it. myvi is nice.. if more budget can go for chevy aveo, that car also looks nice

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

regarding the other thread about regretted mod...can share what mod done to ur car that u were satisfied with..

let start with me

-zerone lighten crank pulley...really save my fc...previously RM50/250km now RM50/280km...extra 30km for every RM50 petrol ...performance wise i can't really feel it
-PZ pnp, camshaft & extractor - really gain lot of hp and tork
- Advan Neova (can this be considered as mod? heheh)
-Ultra racing strut bar - with immediate effect can feel the car stability...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience