ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

-fRëɧt¥£3R-

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
kLaNg
www.liverpoolfc.tv
It's not Adebayor's pace that is the issue, it surely must be his horrendous touch, judging by what I saw. His composure in front of goal isn't so hot either. If it was Henry or even van Persie, Arsenal would have been at least 2 up by halftime.

Whereas Baptista is well, Brazil's version of Emile Heskey.
pls dun knock our Emily

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I just wish we still have DB10.......
I just wish we still have Patric Vieira, Robert Pires, Tony Adams, Ashley Cole all playing in the same team. Miss those swash buckling days where we scored goals for fun, we torment the opposition with our superhuman football and we never concede goals stupidly.

I just feel this few years we've been letting go too many quality players.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
second that....but we are arsenal.....it will come a time that we not gonna say "back in the good old days" but we gonna scream "the good ol day is back"

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Anyone notice how long Abou Diaby legs are. When he stretches, he seems to be able to get most balls. Besides, he's got lovely ball control and has a bag of tricks to fool the opposition.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
agreed......and i cannot agree with wenger playing him on the left......if coming with tough opposition i prefer we plug the mids with diaby and gilberto....and put fabregas playing behind the striker......rather then playing julio "the least" baptista.....but....its all history now.....wenger already said this is hes worst season in his carreer as arsenal manager.......so lets see what improvement he wanna bring

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
THE LEAST....ahaha. As most Brazilians and Argentinians have found out, EPL are not for showboaters and definitely not for players to showcase their ability to do stepovers, fancy skills, football tricks, bicycle kicks and etc. Its purely about efficient football. The Least probably just couldn't adapt to this pace. Just when he's about to execute a stepover, the ball is already taken away.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Speaking of DB 10, I did hope David Bentley is still with us, succeeding the number 10. He's a proven quality player at Blackburn now, and if it wasn't for the lack of chances at Arsenal, he would now be a reliable back-up for either Hleb or Rosicky already, at least, and of coz being a regular in the first team is only a matter of time.

Besides Henry, we don't really have another player who can run with the ball with real pace, especially on the flanks, and it gets really narrow for us sometimes, so I'll go with signing a winger for neext season, unless Walcott is ready.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
Besides Henry, we don't really have another player who can run with the ball with real pace, especially on the flanks, and it gets really narrow for us sometimes, so I'll go with signing a winger for neext season, unless Walcott is ready.
we stillgot...errr...errr.....reyes....bring him back please

anyway Bentley is a class.....just that he cant wait to stomp his mark in Premiership.....among all of our discarded player....bentley is the one i think wenger regrets most discarding....

anyway anybody know what happen to our youth striker Quincy-Owusu Abegye....anybody remember him?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I was just saying it in another forum that there's no real point in getting another striker because we may end up having too many strikers and not being able to play them, especially when all of them are hitting top form at the same time. Its exactly what i meant when Wenger could not field Bentley and we all know he's a quality player. Unfortunately, he bloomed at the wrong time where all our other strikers were hitting top form. Back then we had Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord, Aliadiare and Bentley. And you know Henry and Bergkamp were having an outstanding season so its impossible to break this pairing just to play Bentley. I've seen him play a few matches and i must say he's quite a good player and imagine he would've been such a good player had he stayed on and gotten a starting position later on.

Thats the danger Wenger is facing if he buys another striker now and then later on, the strikers are fit and are hitting top form, then he would be in a tight situation and face the prospect of letting go some good players.

FishBrain_PROCC

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.fuzeproject.com
I was just saying it in another forum that there's no real point in getting another striker because we may end up having too many strikers and not being able to play them, especially when all of them are hitting top form at the same time. Its exactly what i meant when Wenger could not field Bentley and we all know he's a quality player. Unfortunately, he bloomed at the wrong time where all our other strikers were hitting top form. Back then we had Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord, Aliadiare and Bentley. And you know Henry and Bergkamp were having an outstanding season so its impossible to break this pairing just to play Bentley. I've seen him play a few matches and i must say he's quite a good player and imagine he would've been such a good player had he stayed on and gotten a starting position later on.

Thats the danger Wenger is facing if he buys another striker now and then later on, the strikers are fit and are hitting top form, then he would be in a tight situation and face the prospect of letting go some good players.
True words...should stick with what we've got at the moment...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Been a while since this thread been BUMPED. Haha. It merely shows the popularity of this thread since Arsenal's performance went downhill this 2 years.

Anyways, future doesn't look bright for Arsenal. Henry has publicly come out to voiced his disgust over the departure of Dein and it seems to me like he's not happy with the club. It does seem to me that the departure of Henry is a possibility. I'm starting to question his passion to his club when he comes out publicly to critisize his club and then saying he's flattered to be linked to AC Milan. For a club captain to be saying that, it'll only create an uneasiness among the younger players. As much as i hate to say this, no player is above the club and if he thinks he's better off somewhere, just kick him out of the club. I don't think any fans would like the club to be keeping a sulking player.

On the other hand, the club doesn't seem to be making any signings, let alone be linked to any major player. With Man Utd making 3 major swoops so soon, it'll take a massive effort from Arsenal to be close to them next season. Chelsea on the other hand is rather quiet this season but once they flex their muscles, you see some superstar in the team. Liverpool will continue to attract some good talents due to their tradition and their super fanbase.

I hope Wenger surprise us with some quality signings soon.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
wenger already supprised us with qua;ity signing...by resigning Lehman....muahahahhaaa

nevermind.....season start in august.......still lots of time for wenger to make a move....i estimated we should have 10-15 mill to spend and not including if we sell reyes.....

bout henry.....if he wanna go he can go.....we scored 63 goals with henry contributing 10 and missing more then halve of the season......last last season we scored season we scored 68.....with henry playing in almost every game.....sell him if he really really wanna go....we get extra money then.....then we can replace him with younger quality striker.....somebody like...hmmmm.....baptista.....hahahhahahahaaa

R3_P

Jun 10, 2007
dont say like that..baptista useless..must hold on to henry..or buy torres huntelaar or use bendtner more :)

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
what saga says its true, the statistic shows even without Henry we can do it especially on big stage game and important game against giants he always let us down. Just like Rolando in MU now. But we still need a true finisher coz out midfielder can create a lot.

WTF is wrong wif Wenger offer new contract to Lehman. Coz of this joker we end up goin down.

Anyone thought we should replace Arsene Wenger??

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
i give him another two seasons before if we must replace him.......he have brought arsenal to where we are now........i dont forget deeds that easily......let him have hes time.....i believe monseur wenger have still got some tricks in his pocket.....

anyway we need winger.....coz hleb is useless......we need right back.....because eboue good at attacking but useles in defending.....and we need keeper......coz lehman have pass hes prime and basically useless.....and another centre back.....coz sanderos is useless.....

anyway i herd that next year away jersey gonna be white.....hmmm....i got the arsenal training jersey in white and red lining and it does look good tho'.

also ive read that aliadier is leaving.....sadly but he got hes chance.....i wish him luck....

anyway....when flamini and sanderos gonna leave.......we need the cash....and throw in song as well......that should add around 10m to the coffers......Elano anybody for the right winger, or how bout Kompany for the centre halve.....anybody with me..?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Wenger is still one of the best manager around. Its a bad idea to replace him now. He's such a good manager.

As for Lehmann, i really think he's not that good a keeper when compared with the quality keepers Chelsea and Man Utd has. He's not exactly the best shot stopper and he always seem to fumble in deadball situations. I really don't know why he's still around. I read somewhere that Lehmann has the highest number of yellow cards among all the keepers. Was it 6 or 7 yellow cards last season but certainly 6 yellow cards is high for a forward/midfielder let alone a goal keeper.

Typical French players, they love to sulk when the times are bad. I just hope Henry pulls up his socks and let his feet do the talking next season. I use to think he's a loyal guy but his comments lately makes me think otherwise. No problem if he leaves, we still have Van Persie who can still score some goals. With the money, they'll be able to attract some good players.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifus,

i owned an AE 111 TOYOTA (AUTO) - STOCK SET and i need mod~

what can i mod with this car? pls suggest~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience