Anyone encounter this? (Manual Gearbox only)

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i had this problem with my mvyi too.
but mine is auto. the sound comes when i engage reverse gear.
or when i drop/change gear while i am driving .
and the problem was the gear oil filter .
does manual have this filter as well??

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
i had this problem with my mvyi too.
but mine is auto. the sound comes when i engage reverse gear.
or when i drop/change gear while i am driving .
and the problem was the gear oil filter .
does manual have this filter as well??
Nope, myvi manual does not have gear oil filter. The gear oil dipstick also not available in manual. Change the gear oil filter please, it's important too besides changing gear oil.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope, myvi manual does not have gear oil filter. The gear oil dipstick also not available in manual. Change the gear oil filter please, it's important too besides changing gear oil.
Your gear oil is straight 90 or 80w-90. Toyota have one 75w-90 but more expensive...
Manual got no gear oil filter and no dip stick because fill until it leaks out is full....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

anywas wat is "chok" in cantonese means?
Sure you don't know or pulling our leg......:biggrin:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Your gear oil is straight 90 or 80w-90. Toyota have one 75w-90 but more expensive...
Manual got no gear oil filter and no dip stick because fill until it leaks out is full....:biggrin:

My gear oil is 80w-90. Chemlube don't have 75w-90 and it's expensive for 80w-90 fully synthetic. I bought it RM75 per quarts.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Sure you don't know or pulling our leg......:biggrin:
really i dunno la...but from his symthoms i can assume his problem chok- choke...quite similar la....
i dunno cantonese wan le...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My gear oil is 80w-90. Chemlube don't have 75w-90 and it's expensive for 80w-90 fully synthetic. I bought it RM75 per quarts.
Yup, FS is very expensive. Lucky gear oil uses less quantity and last longer.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

really i dunno la...but from his symthoms i can assume his problem chok- choke...quite similar la....
i dunno cantonese wan le...
ha! ha! noted... "Chok" as in like engine "miss" or as mentioned by bro. jerry "jerk" or your "choke"...:driver:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe I could be wrong....

But I think that its bacause your accelarator pedal spring is either too soft or too stiff

Try changing the accelarator spring to a moderate stiffness one...

Had same problem in C- class Benz 95 model, the accelarator pedal too stiff each time you step on it it "chok"
before it responds and go...

Rectified it with softer pedal springs, smooth as silk after that...

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
it is normal man.because your clucth plate started to wear off so when you at low speed then engine speed cannot fit the gear ratio so it will jerk but when u press the clutch it will go off..it is normal for a normal car that clocked such mileage.so dun worry.nothing big deal on it bro
:top: agreed with Dan KC, this happens to my car last time, it fixed after changing the clutch.. Manual car city drive normal la, we always step the clutch pedal for long time, some ppl waiting at traffic light without free his gear, just step on the pedal with 1st gear and wait for light goes green, this way the clutch pressure alot :elefant:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Jerrysiow : Problem solved?
Not yet bro. But after i increase the amount of 2T oil from 40ml to 50ml. The engine like run smoother and the feeling of the jerk is reduced. now seldom encountered the jerk issue.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Okay, today I am posting a journey taken back in CNY 2013..... yes, 2013. I have already posted this on my blog a few weeks back and finally got some time to share it in ZTH. Nasty html codes.... blogspot and zth uses 2 difference codes for their images.

Car was bought new and owner decides to give it a nice protection. After discussion on the pro and con of coating, he decided to jump into the bandwagon and give it a go.

Ok, don't want to talk gibberish too much. We move to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience