Anyone drives a Ford Ranger XLT TCDi Auto?

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Hello,

i'm interested in a Ford ranger XLT TCDi, but i cant seem to find any good source of information. most probably a USED one.
typical example on the used market now is about 3 years old, i understand the downside of pickups, I've own a Hilux SR Turbo before.

How is the maintainence like? are there problems i should look for?

How is it's fuel consumption, I've read conflicting infos, some claim it's efficient, some say it's not.

Would i be better off with let say a new Ford Ranger lo-Rider? a new units goes for about 60K, but it's manual, hilux and tritons are out of my budget, my budget is around 60K, hopefully less.

i'm looking at the automatic version for better urban use as i usually carry large boxes, but not necessary heavy ones. the ford ranger XLT fits my budget, as well as not too old and with decent technology so it doesnt go outdated.

Anyone with any info please help. thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2010
klang
hi.. i am using mazda bt-50 ,same as ranger XLT tdci auto. the power of this 4x4 is very powerfull.. but the price will abit high 85k.. per tank normally i pump around 60+liter can go for 500km.(city+high way)
XL lo-ride or XL is the same engine..is better than triton lite n dmax 2.5 alot.. if u 100km/h++ lover, got for XLT.. i try mine 160km/h is not a problem.

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
hi.. i am using mazda bt-50 ,same as ranger XLT tdci auto. the power of this 4x4 is very powerfull.. but the price will abit high 85k.. per tank normally i pump around 60+liter can go for 500km.(city+high way)
XL lo-ride or XL is the same engine..is better than triton lite n dmax 2.5 alot.. if u 100km/h++ lover, got for XLT.. i try mine 160km/h is not a problem.
how about comparing it to the Mitsubishi Triton?
i like the Ford XLT because it's auto is 5 spd, which is good for urban driving, but the resale value is terrible.i'm still 50/50 with the ford.... like chinese saying, heart big, heart small....

Aug 22, 2010
klang
depend of ur usage..both are almost the same power (triton 2.5 not lite). if u r more on carry heavy goods , go for ford, if carry ppl ,go for triton. because triton second row passenger sit is more comfort compare to ford. for carry goods, because the triton current cargo is longer,but the wheel base still the same, so if carry heavy goods when going tro corner the tail will abit trow out..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience