Any IS250 owners or club around?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
guys,
what is the different of uk-spec and japan-spec IS250 ?
any significant difference in term of engine output ?
is it the japan-spec meter only show 180km/h and with speed-cut ?

Last edited:

DJ_Tommy

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
tat day i saw a white IS250 with WALD front n Back kit without d skirt at Mont Kiara!!!! Damn Nice!!!!

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
Hello there,

Another fellow IS250 owner reporting in.

Bought mine 6 months ago, but only traveled 10k km since because my workplace is 2km away from m home. Imported a set of Espelir springs from the US, and fitted in a set of 19" work schwert sc2. front 8" +40 offset rear 10" + 35 offset, and 245/35/19 275/30/19 tyres.

So far I've had no problems at all, the car is very reliable. But there is definitely pros and cons to this model...let me list them out.

Pros:
-Good looks!
-VERY fuel efficient, RM95 can go 550km and above mixed driving.
-WIDE rear arches so you can fit insane low offset rims.
-Good handling
-Good comfort, IF you keep your car stock. I put on lowering spings and 19' rims and it feels pretty rough on road imperfections. I used 18" with 40 series tyres + stock springs before this and the comfort is top class!
-Alcantra seats, feels like you're sitting on puppies :proud:

Cons:
-Interior panel noise. Look up the US lexus forums, this lists as one of the top complaints from is250 owners. Especially for earlier models ie.2006,2007
-Lack of tuning parts. the only place you can find parts for this car locally is in tom's, and i's pretty much limited to one brand only. importing from the US WILL cost a bomb.
-Impenetrable ECU. there is no way on earth you can rechip/reflash/replace the stock IS250 ecu, so trying to modify/tune this car is a waste of time, just go for good looks.

Basically if you are a speed demon, go for other cars. But if you are looking for a safe, reliable, good looking, good handling car, the is250 is a good buy.

Here are a few pics, enjoy!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Enthusiast, pls join our TT tonight at CoffeeBean Taipan usj.
check out that respective thread as well. ..

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i drop by the toms vision sunway yesterday to do some checking on my IS. also ask about the TOMS exhaust n bodykit, hehe i couldnt afford it for the time being. i saw a big packaging box in the shop, according to the staff there, it is supercharge kit for IS 250. somebody ordered it. wonder who is ordering, maybe someone around here.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
@waque & lckia:

Would love it if you guys could join us for TT sometimes.. :) Nothing like some 'IS-sibling' meetup and get to know session.

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@waque & lckia:

Would love it if you guys could join us for TT sometimes.. :) Nothing like some 'IS-sibling' meetup and get to know session.
tq bushidofang for the invitation, really love to join it. i will try my best to come for the next TT. :) but my car is standard only and my knowledge in car is very little. not like you all. :)

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
@waque:

Haha no problem at all dude. Do come, how your car is and how much knowledge you have about cars is not what matters. We all have been in your shoes last time and this was how we build our knowledge up. We just know stuff based on experience and we still have loads to learn. :D

We have Celica's and even Skyline's who joined us, so feel free! As i said, time for some IS-sibling bonding session. Maybe you could even poison some of the members here to switch to an IS250 as some are already itching :P

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Bushido,
well said --> "Maybe you could even poison some of the members here to switch to an IS250 as some are already itching :P"
Poison is always there, only thing lack is the trailing zeros in bank account... hahaha

turbo_menace

Known Member
Dec 21, 2005
Hi Guys,

Just took delivery of my IS250 yesterday........ got a 2nd unit.

Still learning a lot about the car and would love to join you guys sometime..............

do let me know when is the next TT session.