Any experience with throttle controller?

syong888

Known Member
Dec 15, 2008
Bro, it is not not necessary coz the feature is quick similiar to stock, which is the normal > sport > super sport setting

Go for boost controller in stead :wavey:

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Bro, it is not not necessary coz the feature is quick similiar to stock, which is the normal > sport > super sport setting

Go for boost controller in stead :wavey:
Steve,

thanks for the info man. I'm missing a proper manual, can't read the Japanese stuff. Have to find it somewhere online.

Why should I go for boost controller? Upping boost without a retune is not a good idea, the OEM part is controlling spikes quite well.

BTW, can you PM me what kind of changes you did to your Evo X? Especially which exhaust you built on?

Tq,

Andreas

syong888

Known Member
Dec 15, 2008
Last edited:

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
So what's the big deal about installing a boost controller, still don't get it. Boost remains the same, just a better solenoid to control max. boost, right?

Please enlighten me

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
Steve,

thanks for the info man. I'm missing a proper manual, can't read the Japanese stuff. Have to find it somewhere online.
same here.. mine keeps showing some "AFS OFF" indicator..

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
same here.. mine keeps showing some "AFS OFF" indicator..
I think had this too last week or so. I accidently came on one of the button near the handbrake, which says AFS or so, this is how I turned it off.

Just press the button there and see if it helps.

Andreas

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
to me any type of throttle controller is a waste of money...yes u'll feel slight increase in power but its all in the mind actually, if u know what i mean..

its better if u opt for boost controller for real increase in power...

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
to me any type of throttle controller is a waste of money...yes u'll feel slight increase in power but its all in the mind actually, if u know what i mean..

its better if u opt for boost controller for real increase in power...
Not sure what Evo you drive, but for the electronically controlled tb's Evo's it's actually a real big difference. If you ever tuned a car for your own pleasure, enriching it for faster acceleration is crucial once your rate of throttle body opening is increasing dramatically whilst in the milliseconds time area. This is when you push your right foot on the gas, you want to have immediate response because it's either an emergency or you want to show somebody the power of the car.

Why do people go for lighter flywheels for example or are looking for higher boost in lower rpm sections on turbo charged cars? Because it's the difference between first and second place.

Boost is for discussion at your local pub because it's mainly responsible for your max hp number that everybody likes to discuss. I'd rather have a WRC car with 300hp only and would still all your 500-600hp asses all along the street with it's sheer acceleration.

With a linear, old fashioned wire pushing your TB open it's different, tuning has to be done like I wrote above, flywheel, reducing the masses on the rotating wheels, enriching your car on the special accel map.

With our Evo X it's all electronically controlled, this is where a boost controller kicks in delivering a non linear performance to whatever you do with your right foot.

As Steve highlighted, it's not making sense from accel point of view as we do have sport mode and super-sport mode. But it can make sense from a gas saving eco mode, as is highlighted eg on Blitz description of their throttle controller.

Thanks for listening, hope I made my points clear and was not too technically,

Andreas

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
I think had this too last week or so. I accidently came on one of the button near the handbrake, which says AFS or so, this is how I turned it off.

Just press the button there and see if it helps.

Andreas
yup that button turns off the AFS and when its turned off the indicator doesnt blink.. just like the ASC when its turned off.. the "ASC off" indicator lights up..

my problem is more of a blinking "AFS off" indicator.. read somewhere its probably caused by a faulty steering angle sensor :confused:

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Andreas,
This statement i like the most. We have the same thinking. Thats y my car also can stick with all those 500hp monster on street. :rofl::rofl::rofl: . And my flywheel looks like plastic :listen:

Boost is for discussion at your local pub because it's mainly responsible for your max hp number that everybody likes to discuss. I'd rather have a WRC car with 300hp only and would still all your 500-600hp asses all along the street with it's sheer acceleration.

For cars with e-throttle, this is crucial. I think you know what you want. Oh ya aluminium intercooler piping will help your reponse as well.(not sure if the X comes with it.

With our Evo X it's all electronically controlled, this is where a boost controller kicks in delivering a non linear performance to whatever you do with your right foot.

Good luck with your mod :wavey:

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Thanks Lanevo6, finally somebody who understands how to get a fast car. The FMIC is actually a problem on the Evo X (like in all other Evo's), whereas it doesn't keep the low temp once you add boost to it.

That's why I'm either opting for a PerrinPerformance FMIC or for water injection, both will keep the intake temperature down.

Regards,

Andreas

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Andreas,
This statement i like the most. We have the same thinking. Thats y my car also can stick with all those 500hp monster on street. :rofl::rofl::rofl: . And my flywheel looks like plastic :listen:

For cars with e-throttle, this is crucial. I think you know what you want. Oh ya aluminium intercooler piping will help your reponse as well.(not sure if the X comes with it.

Good luck with your mod :wavey:

No wonder so fast laa ... :rofl::rofl::thefinger:

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Thanks Lanevo6, finally somebody who understands how to get a fast car. The FMIC is actually a problem on the Evo X (like in all other Evo's), whereas it doesn't keep the low temp once you add boost to it.

That's why I'm either opting for a PerrinPerformance FMIC or for water injection, both will keep the intake temperature down.

Regards,

Andreas
Andreas, mind to share a lil bit...
At what range of temperature consider good while boosting??? as you said the FMIC layout doesn't keep the low air temp....make me wonder why the Mitsubishi Engineers doesn't rectify this problem?

And if we've installed Perrin FMIC or other aftermarket FMIC or water injection what the air temp will be???

Thanks for sharing...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its already been 2months since i updated my blog. In this 2months its been a hectic month for me, i received alot of inquiries regarding coating, full detail, touch up and alot more. I guess i pushed myself really hard in this 2months. But, along the journey i need to thanks to Josh all the way from Ipoh & Erik who help me out on a Peugeot and Golf GTI, also not forget about KC for giving me some useful advice on a soft paintwork and Seech who lend me his Flex so i could manage to finish...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience