AMS Alpha 12 GT-R at the TX2K11 Drag Event

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WxorBbdMUf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We work on packages for the GT-R to cover street, strip and track use. This one featured here is our Alpha 12 - a 1400+bhp drag set up which can also be driven comfortably on the street.

There are a few adjustments we are currently working on with the ecu and suspension of the AMS Alpha 12 in order to get it running its best, but here is video of the Alpha 12 GT-R during one of the test and tune sessions at the Texas 2K11 Nationals. We brought a few Alpha 12 GT-Rs down to the event because tracks were closed around Chicago. This was the first time drag testing any Alpha 12 and we were extremely pleased with its potential.

During this run, we broke the 1/4 mi record for et but not trap speed - running a [email protected]. The previous record was held by our Alpha 10 setup which ran a 9.19@163mph. Another notable record was the 60-130mph time of 3.58sec (v-box verified) the Alpha 12 achieved during this run. This was most impressive but takes a little time to soak in or comprehend. With some research, we found numbers for other vehicles. Now I know these vehicles are stock, but I use them because everyone is familiar with them and the sort of performance numbers they produce.

Bugatti Veyron (non SS model) - 5.6 sec
Suzuki GSXR1000 - 5.9 sec
Ferrari Enzo - 7.3 sec
MB McLaren SLR - 7.24 sec
Porsche Carrera GT - 7.3 sec
Lamborghini LP640 - 7.8 sec
Chevrolet C6 Z06 Corvette - 7.8 sec
Porsche 997TT - 9.5 sec

Once the Alpha 12 is tuned to its peak performance, we estimate it to run 8 second 1/4 miles trapping in the mid 170s mph range.

YouTube - TX2k11 Supra Nationals (GTR vs Ducati)

This video is from someone I've never met, but shows the Alpha 12 running against a Suzuki litre bike (not Ducati). This angle was more impressive than my own shot. Really excited to say this package has so much more left to offer!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im looking to swap my Promote V2 bumper on my satria to Promote V1, Wira SE or any other standard looking bumper...Currently bumper still on the car. Condition 95% brand new. Preferably matching colour with my satria and also must be in good condition (no cracks/dent)... :biggrin:

Call/SMS me at 0178834734

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience