Motor Trend tests AMS Alpha 12 GT-R on 95 RON

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NrgPiJtpdG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A little over a month ago, we brought the shop Alpha 12 GT-R to California for some testing with Motor Trend. The stats they pulled were astonishing - especially since the venue was a dusty runway with the car running on 95 RON pump gas. Take a look at the video which also includes some high quality slow motion video of the car launching.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Brian : just to confirm - RON95 is the American RON or the British RON? LOL.. cuz apparently the Americans categorize RON differently. Your regular is apparently the equivalent of our 95.

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL

This chart shows the conversion I used. In our state of Illinois (where AMS is based out of), our premium is 93, which converts to 98 on the Euro scale. This is the rating we normally set our pump gas tune for. The state of California uses 91. We must set our tune for this when testing in California or building a car for a California customer. This 91 converts to 95 on the Euro scale.

If RON 95 in Malaysia is not equivalent to RON 95 on the chart, please let me know because it is not my intention to provide incorrect information.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hv guys still playing v6tt need to share some light about moding the engine performance any sifu and taiko can recomend tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience