Alza opinion

Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
alza car problem...Pity to own one.

1. Roof sound awful when it rain.
2. wind noise definately will be hear from the side mirror and once you bring it to SC they will tell you to leave a least 2 ~ 3 days for them to check and repair.
3. Paint problem. anti rust paint uneven at many part. even the body car paint have a lot of defect such as water mark, clear coat paint coating not even, and also scratch mark during car delivery. You think how good is the alza car? Even Perodua assist for repair but at last it will look like a repainted car even though it is a newly brought.
4. Seating fabric (EZi model) on the outlook may seem like a quality fabric but when u look under the seat the overall built and quality look suck. You can check this thing at the sales model.
5. for the engine a bit underpower when you over take a car even you cruising on 80~90km/h speed. that is without any passenger. F0r 110km/h cruise will hit about 2800~3000rpm.
6. Steering have sound when yo do the cornering on either left or right direction. According to the SC it is due to steering airbag part have some misalignment that cause the sound. Temporary it is fix but not sure when the sound will bounce back. According to the SC the steering cannot be exchange as it is not damage. Even though the sound exist they only can repair and repair.... How good is the Perodua R&D ... You own self think la. I not blame on the SC but i think the HQ of perodua not handling this issue well.
7. Interior have sound especially on the seating. sound like something already loose. Still not fixed that problem as sometime come out and sometime not.
8. Fuel consumption ... 350km/ rm 50 petrol (based on ron 95 rm1.90). consider ok for fuel consumption but if highly loaded may be gone a bit higher.
9. Handling... consider ride a bit better than a van. cornering need a bit extra precaution as handling is bit different compare with sedan. i sincere said exora handling is more better.
10. Service price... about rm130 for normal service.. if reach 20000km will need about rm350 for service. each 20000km will need rm350 (depend on the service requirement and customer requirement). Own self judge la on the service price compare with toyota, nissan , proton and etc.
11. Resale value... maybe a lot of drop as new car Perodua introduce each month for the alza have discount about 2 ~2.5K. We need to add up on this when calculating the resale value. I not sure what is the 2nd hand price for alza. If someone know the 2nd hand price for alza pls let me know.
12. Rear seat is useless. cannot sit for long time as you feel your leg began to cramp and back pain for long journey. for the rear seat heating problem i not sure as i not encounter cause i nobody sit there. If future i hear complaint i will post it here again.

All the above comment are based on my own experience for owning alza. If you want to buy need to think twice as i also regret buying this car as there is a lot of discount when purchase of this car. But what you get is a piece of junk which i not know can last for how long. Overall Myvi built quality is more better than Alza.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
2688, thx for the input. This just reconfirms that I've made the right decision not to buy Alza.

onyet

Known Member
Feb 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wanna modified alza?exzos system,alloy crank pulley,drop in air filter k&n it is a fun car save petrol of course not perfect,need to do sound proofing but for me it is good anyone want alza alloy crank pulley?i got stock pm me brosss(looking foward to supercharging )

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
not too bad ... my bro in law jz bought an alza auto basic 3 weeks back...my initial experience driving this car is quite good..

speed - i dnt knw it is new so i didnt speed much...throttle response seems slow
roof rain sound - didnt get chance to drive in rain yet
dusty brakes - yes true but even my persona se had this problem till i change brake pads
the last row of seats - nt everyone can get in/out easily (only for small sized ppl)
aircon - it does cools faster but it may not be tht cool at the 2nd or 3rd row..it takes time
seat fabric looks good - but its cheap material i guess & the seats are very thin
sound proofing - quite good but the silverstone tyre is noisy
suspension - very good compared to other mpvs in my company like avanza/unser/innova

i feel its a good buy if you get the basic edition below 60K .

WHT1754

Dec 5, 2006
i've owned one since last year and for me its a great buy. lucky for me none of the problems raised by the 1st batch buyer happen to my car.

about the sound proofing, its a bit of let down as the roof and door is not well insulated but, hey think about the price. it can easily fixed by installing a sound proofing material inside the roof and door. you'll noticed straight away the improvements.

so far, its a good buy for me a to take my family of 5 on a holiday..... :)

hafis_09

Known Member
May 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i've owned one since last year and for me its a great buy. lucky for me none of the problems raised by the 1st batch buyer happen to my car.

about the sound proofing, its a bit of let down as the roof and door is not well insulated but, hey think about the price. it can easily fixed by installing a sound proofing material inside the roof and door. you'll noticed straight away the improvements.

so far, its a good buy for me a to take my family of 5 on a holiday..... :)
bro 2009-2010 alza can get free sound proof for roof ;D

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
I have been driving my Alza SXI for 3 months now and I have to say its a great car. Handles well, the ride is good and performance wise, I cannot complain. Its my 2nd car and I have a Lancer GT but I still enjoy my Alza very much. We get what we pay and the Azla is more than worth the price. Its a much better car than the Myvi for sure.

The thin seats are necessary so that the back can fold down FLAT, you cannot do that with seats that have nice bolsters la.

As for engine response, this car is no slouch, its great as a manual car. Also, let's be realistic, its a town car so it will not give you the response you get in something like a Megane 250 on extreme mode.

:)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
alza car problem...Pity to own one.

1. Roof sound awful when it rain.
2. wind noise definately will be hear from the side mirror and once you bring it to SC they will tell you to leave a least 2 ~ 3 days for them to check and repair.
3. Paint problem. anti rust paint uneven at many part. even the body car paint have a lot of defect such as water mark, clear coat paint coating not even, and also scratch mark during car delivery. You think how good is the alza car? Even Perodua assist for repair but at last it will look like a repainted car even though it is a newly brought.
4. Seating fabric (EZi model) on the outlook may seem like a quality fabric but when u look under the seat the overall built and quality look suck. You can check this thing at the sales model.
5. for the engine a bit underpower when you over take a car even you cruising on 80~90km/h speed. that is without any passenger. F0r 110km/h cruise will hit about 2800~3000rpm.
6. Steering have sound when yo do the cornering on either left or right direction. According to the SC it is due to steering airbag part have some misalignment that cause the sound. Temporary it is fix but not sure when the sound will bounce back. According to the SC the steering cannot be exchange as it is not damage. Even though the sound exist they only can repair and repair.... How good is the Perodua R&D ... You own self think la. I not blame on the SC but i think the HQ of perodua not handling this issue well.
7. Interior have sound especially on the seating. sound like something already loose. Still not fixed that problem as sometime come out and sometime not.
8. Fuel consumption ... 350km/ rm 50 petrol (based on ron 95 rm1.90). consider ok for fuel consumption but if highly loaded may be gone a bit higher.
9. Handling... consider ride a bit better than a van. cornering need a bit extra precaution as handling is bit different compare with sedan. i sincere said exora handling is more better.
10. Service price... about rm130 for normal service.. if reach 20000km will need about rm350 for service. each 20000km will need rm350 (depend on the service requirement and customer requirement). Own self judge la on the service price compare with toyota, nissan , proton and etc.
11. Resale value... maybe a lot of drop as new car Perodua introduce each month for the alza have discount about 2 ~2.5K. We need to add up on this when calculating the resale value. I not sure what is the 2nd hand price for alza. If someone know the 2nd hand price for alza pls let me know.
12. Rear seat is useless. cannot sit for long time as you feel your leg began to cramp and back pain for long journey. for the rear seat heating problem i not sure as i not encounter cause i nobody sit there. If future i hear complaint i will post it here again.

All the above comment are based on my own experience for owning alza. If you want to buy need to think twice as i also regret buying this car as there is a lot of discount when purchase of this car. But what you get is a piece of junk which i not know can last for how long. Overall Myvi built quality is more better than Alza.

i've been thinking to buy an Alza also..

but after reading this.. :banghead:

anyhow, i'm getting a free car from my dad.. no complains..

nothing is better than FREE STUFF!!!

:biggrin:

Jun 6, 2011
klang
Thanks to all bro and sister for ur all opinion for tis car, am planning to get one but still in survey on wht good and bad about it.
If i buy,it will be my 1st car, darnnn scary after reading this thread :banghead:

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I bought the alza in june 2011 , the car have all sort of weird weird sound , I bring the "mpv" to sc every month for "quality issues" , fix the wind noise problem , but don't know why , now the problem arise again , I also made complain about the roof , then they install the insulator . the seat got losing nut sound , the aircon also have sound , then I saw the forum say their magnetic clutch have problem , took me half day for the denso peoples to replace the magnetic clutch , but now the sound come again , they have very sharp noise when turn on the aircon , closing the door look like closing the milo tin , the sc ask me if I want to add the comfort seat for 92Rm for each door , shxx ... it look like give you a half bake cake , then ask you to pay extra for it ...
damn dissapointed at the sa and sc ...

I am freaking regret on purchasing the so called "mpv" from "quality excellence" company ...

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
hmmm my bro in law hv auto so far no prob...my boss has manual so far no prob...i think smtimes units may hv sm defects frm factory...same story with any other cars also...it depends on luck..but smtimes when ppl say noise whn turn on aircon or door closing sound or roof got sound whn rain...smtimes it boils down to individual definition of noise or defect...of course there will be sound whn close the door or turn on aircon...sm ppl learn to live with it sm ppl wan perfection...

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
If you are perfectionist, it is not a suitable car for you. i own 1 alza. Got many issues with it..jerking GB expecially when engaging the R gear(heard it's fix for newer batch). but this one can claim waranty. wind noice is noticable but not too annoying. still acceptable for me. the run glass(the rubber on the screen) also got some quality issue. this also can claim waranty. got rattling sound from rear door. still not report to them..but the extremely serious issue is the jerking when engaging R gear. left my car for about 1 week..no feedback from their side..i need to call to get info. at last they says it normal for ALZA..damn hot that time..when want to take the car back..call the service advisor, she is available..but when reach there, her colleague inform that she took MC..wow..and the technician, name anwar insist of meeting me with excuse he was busy repairing customer car.. and gues what, my car is left outside for a week. the white paint turn black..and the chocolate that i left inside the car is finished. at least if you want to eat that, dont throw it away like that..i really2 dissatisfy with the service of their service center. other than that, i still can compromise..this is service center neaaar the perodua plant at rawang..give me very2 bad impression until i go to perodua SC KINRARA..service is very fast. very friendly service advisor. then they checked my GB, they confirm the late engagement of R gear. they advice me to go to the bigger SC as they dont have the tools to check it. at last got 1 SC acknowledge my issue although it is widely known inside wikipedia..you can search it..but, apart from that, everything seems ok with me..engine is not really underpower..manage to speed >170 km/h with my auto tranny..0-170 is no issue..above that, it will slowly crawling..manage to done KB - KL in 5.5 hours..cornering for me is not bad. still can maintain speed 160+ during corner at nilai - seremban highway..templer park road can corner 140+, bandar tasik permaisuri can handle corner 140+..even my bro cruze can hardly keep up with me when i step on the pedal..for me, if you said it underpower, it have enough power already..sume more, speed limit in malaysia is 110 only..i once carry 5 adult and 4 children inside my alza..also + 1 baby. manage to speed up to national speed limit without any issue..so, for me, it powerful enough to meet the highway speed limit in malaysia..but 1 thing it lack..luggage space..very2 limited luggage space if all the seat is occupied..what i did is i put the back between 2nd and 3rd row seat, then i put conferter there..so, the kids can simply sleep on it. but it still didn't give me any harm since i still don't have any own kid..before this only occupied by ny nephews and nieces..this july only can become papa..so, start from now, can't drive fast anymore..110 km/h is enough and it is easy to reach that speed using alza..underpower? not really..as for me..but if compare to my previous car, 2.0 turbocharge, can feel the lack of power but for the cheap MPV, it is enough for me..can tailgating vios, manage to smoke persona several times, driver seat confortable for long journey, the lowest FC car i ever own, can carry washing machine, or 4 stove with oven, even i carry L shape sofa inside it before..for me, is good bargain except for the very2 poor service offered in Service center..for the person like me, who drove the old and lowered car before, this car is much more better than my previous car in term of comfort, FC, ergonomic and usage..is it good, compared to the van i ever drove, perodua rusa, it is good..hehehe..if compare to grand livina, i drove my bro impul GL before..can feel the power difference..but in term of comfort, i think alza is better..maybe due to low profile tires and sport suspension..exhaust note also quite noticable for the grand livina..steering is more softer in grand livina..but for the price difference of 40K, i would say that i get what i pay for..so, if you pay 60K and want to expect to get the same as vellfire, it just a dream..

zhenlin

Jun 13, 2007
Starting from now, you need to get everyone in your car to belt up, including the kids at the back

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think it ultimately boils down to what it is you expect from this car.

The Alza is not

1. A sporty car. It was never meant to go high speeds since it's a 'family' car. Almost all MPVs are.

2. A luxury car. At that price, what do you expect? Pay more for a Wish if luxury is what you want. Or pay even more for a Alphard or Estima.

The Alza is :

1. A economical car at a good price and has lots of space for a sort-of-large family to go from point A to point B in relative comfort.

2. A big-space car that's cheaper than most 'big-space' cars but more comfy than vans.

And regarding bad quality, every car manufacturer has their lemons. The Alza in my family has been quite robust except for the poorly lined roof but everything else has never been a problem. Same goes for my neighbor who has one. It's unfortunate there are so many folks here who got lemons though.