Altezza 280T

Miradz

Jun 1, 2007
Planning to use it as a daily ride, plus i travel outstation alot...so.... :P

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
OIC...ok what...with turbo...reach faster mah... ;)

Miradz

Jun 1, 2007
not to mention the extra maintenance, both car and Speeding tickets :P

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
just wondering...is turbo really that costly to maintain?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I think it is a misconception...that a turbo-charged car is very expensive to maintain. I believe that u need extra care in the maintenance of a turbo charged engine..in the sense like u need to use higher grade of motor oil, transmission oil and freq checking of yr engine oil levels. But cost wise not that much higher..the cost will come if you blow yr engine trying to overboost the turbo.
As for speeding tickets..I get speeding tickets driving a NA accord...it is very much dependent on yr driving style and yr luck. Those that travels on the highway frequently have a higher probability of getting speeding tickets.

I believe that if you want a turbo charged car..the better way is to buy one that is factory fitted with it..less time in the workshop and you can enjoy the car immediately...hehehe..:)

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
I think it is a misconception...that a turbo-charged car is very expensive to maintain. I believe that u need extra care in the maintenance of a turbo charged engine..in the sense like u need to use higher grade of motor oil, transmission oil and freq checking of yr engine oil levels. But cost wise not that much higher..the cost will come if you blow yr engine trying to overboost the turbo.
As for speeding tickets..I get speeding tickets driving a NA accord...it is very much dependent on yr driving style and yr luck. Those that travels on the highway frequently have a higher probability of getting speeding tickets.

I believe that if you want a turbo charged car..the better way is to buy one that is factory fitted with it..less time in the workshop and you can enjoy the car immediately...hehehe..:)
so the best is get a factory-tuned turbo charged engine...but I'm too old for turbo...so...too bad...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Considering it comes with everything u need for a turbo charged car..it is not that expensive!!.. Only thing we need to know if the car is in good condition..mileage..interior..

bluedemon

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005

Can't agree more with Mr GreyTezza. maintenance is almost the same as NA cars. Just that the oil changes have to be more frequent if you , let say use a semi syn engine oil. If you use better grade oil than it would be the same.

Without touching much on the "factory" setting of the turbocharged car, you dont have to be worry. The nightmares you prolly heard are from "gila kuasa" drivers who boost up their turbo higher than the engine internals can cope.

And believe it or not, because of maintenance problem, i converted another car from NA to turbo. Parts are so plenty in the chop shop. *JaHaX - hint2 :laugh: rbrbrb *

Like Mr GreyTezza, i too got more speeding tickets driving my old 1.6 accord. Actually, come to think of it, i never got any ticket driving a turbocharged car. Maybe because of the small snail inside.

DemanG

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi people,

Just wondering anyone in here knows where i can get myself some lose profile lights from any make of car.... just the light assembly only.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience