All about car skirting and spoilers

clawhammer

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hey guys, I've never had any form of skirting or spoilers on my car but thinking of getting some. I heard that the original ones from the manufacturer are rubber type and of the best quality. When we go to accessories shop, most of them are either PU or fiber so which is better? Does the shape and quality withstand the heat and paint or will it go out of shape after a while?

Please enlighten me - thanks experts :shades_smile:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
PU is of course better because it is in fact poly-urethane. PU is more flexible and impact resistance. either PU or fibre bodykits can be sprayed, no prob with that.

the shape and quality of fibre glass bodykit retains the same even after some time. it is definitely lighter than PU but it will easily break and not easy to repair - unless you have knowledge and the materials.

many think installing bodykits will improve aerodynamics yes, but by fixing a spoiler we are actually 'spoiling' our car aerodynamics to give more downforce and hence improve roadhandling.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
What I knoe from a spray paint guy mention PU will be better thn fibre in terms of paint (fibre will have more waive after spray)..Pu will more towards like Ori in terms on paint and assemble..
Good Luck:marchmellow:

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
yup, fibre type can recognize from far, not smooth like PU or ori, but of coz ori is the best, hehehe..

i think for spoiler its ok if u want to get fibre one, but for skirting, front lips especially need unless PU, once ur car bumping or hit something, it will not break..

my father hit my front bumper to parking divider last time, luckily it was ori, just the nut was moved out, if fibre, left half already i think..

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
how much would it cost to paint the bodykit...anyone know?

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
depending on the type of paint.standard 2k colours or chameleon paint ?

but then why bother installing skirts, it would get stratched anyway unless you dont drive alot in areas with humps.

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
bro may we know..what car r u driving now? maybe our friend here can give the opinion about what u want..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
bro may we know..what car r u driving now? maybe our friend here can give the opinion about what u want..
ya..good question here..hehe...if cars might be like huakenny mention might be ok if MPV...hahaha...no need to think about fibre....u will surely regret...

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
i had a question also about spoilers...was thinking of gettin a cf spoiler...how much should i pay for it, installing included?...plus do u guys know any good shops which have em?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually spoiler is for those super monster to hold them so that its stable to drive...if your is turbo still ok but yours is na better dun...very heavy u know...later regret if u put it....if those ori ok but those like tiang gol or GT will plus burden to your car...
Good Luck...

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Tanks mag9556,

so better dun then...wat abt body kits...i wanted to get one for my car, but how much should i expect 2 pay, including installing and painting

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
erm...its the new honda civic...was thinking of the mugen bodykit...but duno how much it would cost...asked one shop, they told me 2200including painting...but i duno if its too much

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,i own a waja and recently pay a visit to an accessory shop.
The shop taukeh recommend me to use voltage stabilizer to improve performance.
He took a digital battery tester and showed me that my car battery cca is very low.
He said "waja should be 500cca & urs only 350cca.Ur FC should be very high"
I have to agree on him on FC due to my waja FC so high past one year.
My waja just 5 years old.
Then the taukeh plug in one VS on my car and ask me to test drive.
During test drive,i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience