Airtrek turbo 2003

Snailed_trekker

Sep 26, 2011
K.L
Hi bro's,

I'll be buying an airtrek by this week, just waiting for the loan to process.

Airtrek turbo

I tested the car, felt ok, quite responsive. Engine sounds ok. Brought a friend to inspect the car for any major accidents etc, and he gave the green light.

My concern is, mileage is 174k.. That seems to be pretty high. I just need to know what I should do Once I get it ? Just change the belts etc and get a mech to have a look ? This is my 1st TC, I just wanna make sure she's well taken care of etc and any common problems I should look out for ?

brendan

Sep 16, 2006
i jz bought an airtrek few mths ago...remind u that d car full tank is only around 300km...make sure ur drive shaft is in good condition, if u go buy a new one would be around RM2k for both side...check whether d gearbox in good condition, many have problems yet urs modified turbo...

Snailed_trekker

Sep 26, 2011
K.L
I'm aware of the FC of the car and prepared for that. Thanks for letting me
Know on the driveshaft .. I found out the 2nd car is a converted airtrek.. So I'm not interested. And the 1st car I'll most likely have to do major service which can cost up to 3k depending.

lameshit

Sep 17, 2011
Johor Bahru
Very powerful car, evo 7 engine, a friend of mine bought a second hand too
Have a few minor problems, need to change the intercooler to a bigger one due to the old one rust(10years vehicle), intercooler piping, rebuilding engine to ensure performance(Turin vehicles many minor issue,,,, this is I acquire from my friend.

Snailed_trekker

Sep 26, 2011
K.L
Thanks bro.. Ya did some research .. And most issues and small... Some major..

Anyways I'm not buying the mention airtrek above... Found another better one .. In the midst of negotiating

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you ask me 174K, I think it should be fine if the previous owner takes good care of it. It means nothing when the mileage is low when the previous owner torture the ride.

WHen you get it, make sure you do the basics like complete service, complete oil change (including LSD, ATF), coolen, airfilter, plugs, timing belt, fuel filter bla bla bla... it will cost a few K's but it will be good.

Good luck bro.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's not normal to vibrate at 90-120. It's the same thing I am facing today AFTER I changed my rims from stock 16" to 18". I have not gotten a center cap to fill up the gap in the center of the rim. It will be solved if that is fixed. I only get vibrations from 100-120 but after that, all the way to 200, no vibrations at all.

Afaik, Airtrek isn't 272. It's less 'wild' compared to Evo's.

Snailed_trekker

Sep 26, 2011
K.L
ohhhhh....thanks alot bro...! this was on 17" evo 7 rims...

ya same thing here..only between those speeds while cruising...during accelaration or top no vibrations... thanks again ! :top:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am going to rotate the wheels and getting the cap soon. Will let you know if it solves the vibration problems.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i just change the rear ARB to 16mm??
what are the advantage and disadvantage??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience