Aircond Problem

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
i need help from all the sifus here..
before changing my cooling coil, i have used the aircond without service nor refilling the gas..then last 2 weeks i went to one shop to refill my aircond gas..then he said that my cooling coil is leaking, so i need to change it..
and so i changed my cooling coil, and last saturday i'm going back to johor, after driving about 2 hours, suddenly my aircond didnt blow an air...seems like the air been stuck somewhere..
but if i started it in the morning after left my car about half day without started, the aircond seems normal again...
send it to the shop that i repair the cooling coil, but the mechanic dont want to take the responsibility..he said maybe it has something to do with the aircond filter..
he check the cut off for temperature sensor, and its ok...
i think maybe it has something to do with the cooling coil..
so my question here, do you guys think that it has something to do with the filter?

:angry: ...so mad at the shop already, being sweat about 3 hours drive along PLUS highway...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
hmm.. i'm not an expert... but my air-cond has failed me many times... hahaha.. so from experience.. few things can cause your aircond gas to leak, therefore u won't be feeling the cold air.

1. Cooling Coil (Leak) most common problem Cost from RM190 - RM400 depends on cars. An aircond technician will have to take the cooling coil out and test if it is leaking.. he will den show it to you (the customer) proving that it's leaking. Otherwise, without testing.. it's bullshit.

2. Condensor (Leak or blocked) condenser unit is usually located outside the car in front of the radiotor. Typical life span for condensor is 5-8yrs.. thats it...

3. Air-Con Filter (rarely spoil) The unit looks like a bomb just right in your engine bay. RM30 to replace

4. Air Con Piping (rarely spoil) Unless abused or wrong installation process (expensive to replace)

5. Compressor (expensive unit) due to insufficient oil or insufficient air con gas.... overheating is another problem.

6. In some cars.. the air cond is controlled by electronics... So.. maybe the temp sensor is out of order... or the control unit is dead... (expensive unit for huge cars... and it's difficult to buy at times)

good luck mate...

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
i also heard a leaking condensor can damage your aircond compressor..

well, for my previous civic.. the problem was the compressor (aircond blowing hot air and cold air alternately.. after replacing it, all was fine.. costs me RM700 for refurbished + workmanship) <-- yeah i know i've been conned <_<

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
normally these 2 items will get the a/c system clogged :

1. expension valve
2. filter

those items are not that expensive , but the if changing the expension valve could cost alot due to the workmanship . need to take out the cooling coil to access the expension valve .

a leaking condensor doesnt harm the compressor , compressor wouldn't compress if the gas pressure is too low . any leaks no matter if its the condensor or pipes will make you loose the freon gas / compressor oil .

anyway here is a pic of my condensor , which has 15 small leaks , its not usable cause there are too much leaks to patch up . patching up would cost about RM 15 per alluminium patch . so might as well get a new one which is about RM 200 to 300 , but i got a second hand good condition one for RM 50 .

anyway i got my compressor serviced / change the seals , change new rubber pipes , new expension valve , new o rings , thermostat and fully service the a/c system + new compressor oil & gas for less then RM 300 .

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
vestax... u every time get very cheap prices... hehehe..

ocean

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Originally posted by vestax@Apr 16 2005, 22:33
normally these 2 items will get the a/c system clogged :

1. expension valve
2. filter

those items are not that expensive , but the if changing the expension valve could cost alot due to the workmanship . need to take out the cooling coil to access the expension valve .

a leaking condensor doesnt harm the compressor , compressor wouldn't compress if the gas pressure is too low . any leaks no matter if its the condensor or pipes will make you loose the freon gas / compressor oil .

anyway here is a pic of my condensor , which has 15 small leaks , its not usable cause there are too much leaks to patch up . patching up would cost about RM 15 per alluminium patch . so might as well get a new one which is about RM 200 to 300 , but i got a second hand good condition one for RM 50 .

anyway i got my compressor serviced / change the seals , change new rubber pipes , new expension valve , new o rings , thermostat and fully service the a/c system + new compressor oil & gas for less then RM 300 .

[snapback]903470[/snapback]​

hi vestax, can I check with you .. My car's air-cond very cold at nite but at afternoon feel hot .. I suspected that my air-cond's thermostat spoilt. Problem is I not know where the thermostat is located. Can anyone tell me which one is thermostat and where it is located. My car is Wira.

From your posting .. You did mention of expansion valve. I know that expansion valve that you meant is something like gold color (spring) attached with cooling coil one right? What is the main function for this expansion valves? If spoilt .. what are the syntoms ??

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,this car was stolen this morning near segambut area.It belongs to my friend and it was converted to 4age 16v,15" black 5 spokes taiwan rim,a pair of levin seat,TRD sticker on the front windshield and it's dashboard was re-wrapped black.

Please contact 012 3306257 Danny or 012 3532933 Damon if you found/come across any AE92 with similar modification.reward will be given if your info lead us to get this car back to the owner.

FYI,he just lodged a police report 3 hours ago.

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience