AE111 Porblems

Jul 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I just bought a toyota ae111 (yr96) 3 months ago, the car is very good and superb and always use it to travel long distances from ipoh to trengganu.

recently, there was a strange noise on the RIGHT side of my car like zinc brush when I TURN to the LEFT. I sent to the workshop three times but there is no problem on the drive shaft, and bearing cover abs. The sound still there. My fren told the sound come from inside...

Please help me to solve this problem. any opinion n suggestion?

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
maybe u should check the wear & tear of ur brake pads & brake disc if not ur steering tie rod. Diffrent toe in/out will effect the turning angle, so it will kena the inner/outer fender. sometimes offset of ur rims will cause the problem too. correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:

ae11185

Jul 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
steering rack problems?
ok, probably steering rack prob...thankkkss :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

maybe u should check the wear & tear of ur brake pads & brake disc if not ur steering tie rod. Diffrent toe in/out will effect the turning angle, so it will kena the inner/outer fender. sometimes offset of ur rims will cause the problem too. correct me if i'm wrong.
brake pads n brake disc stiil in gud cond...rffer previous comments, i also will take note ur opinion... thanksss :burnout:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi,
i think i face this bfo, check ur brake pad, inside got spring, ask ur mech check wether still hav, i think got 2 inside....
without that spring hook, brake pad tends to 'sengek sebelah', maybe coz noise......

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

also forgot to tell u, when i cornering, noise more obvious, like what u said, its like zinc brush.....like cover contact wif disc sound...

ae11185

Jul 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi,
i think i face this bfo, check ur brake pad, inside got spring, ask ur mech check wether still hav, i think got 2 inside....
without that spring hook, brake pad tends to 'sengek sebelah', maybe coz noise......

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

also forgot to tell u, when i cornering, noise more obvious, like what u said, its like zinc brush.....like cover contact wif disc sound...
Hi guys, i'm already soft this problem :biggrin: that sound came from the steering pump ...when the 4th foreman checked my car, he told me that mybe inside that pump n sound like zinc brush/bell...

thank u alls, all urs opinions vry useful for me...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i remembered I did saw a pic that shows a kancil with the 1300cc K3-VET engine. I would like to ask is that really possible? No problem with the JPJ?

So one K3-VET + installation worksmanship is how much? I also need BOV, intercooler, turbo timer, piggyback ecu remap and all this dashboard meter thingie.....

So if we can install the engine, what about the gearbox? can install also? I wondered if it has CVT..... Also I would like to ask if we can strengthen the gearbox and install...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience