Kancil + K3-VET

Teddy_X

Aug 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
i remembered I did saw a pic that shows a kancil with the 1300cc K3-VET engine. I would like to ask is that really possible? No problem with the JPJ?

So one K3-VET + installation worksmanship is how much? I also need BOV, intercooler, turbo timer, piggyback ecu remap and all this dashboard meter thingie.....

So if we can install the engine, what about the gearbox? can install also? I wondered if it has CVT..... Also I would like to ask if we can strengthen the gearbox and install tri-plate clutch?

about ventilated brakes system, is it possible to get ventilated brakes on all 4 wheels? scared that I might not be able to stop the car :P

What about the suspension/chassis setting? what brand of absorber and strutbar, anti-roller bar i need to get? How much?

Of course i need a good and honest chop shop in JB, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
- possible but you will hit a stone wall with the JPJ ... max cc that can gointo a kancil now is 850cc ...

- why would u wanna change everything at one shot ... use the ori i/c ... bov ...

- yes you can install the gearbox also ... provided you cut off abit of the chasis and firewall :)

- if have the budget ... dont just go make holes in ur dics ... upgrade to larger braking system ...

- the car will understeer no matter what ... the engine is too heavy

- my advice is ... just build a 1000T ... faster and alot easier ... cost wise it might be the same since YRV halfcuts are cheap now ... atleast u wont face trouble with the JPJ ...

- it has been done ... you can search out more info on kcarlife.com

Happy modding :)

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
880cc to 1.0cc can.
bro been there before ??? i followed 2 of my friend a couple of months ago to do endorsement ... max was 850cc into kancil chasis :)

but then if u have lubang good la ... :) ... dlu lepas now prob

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

1000t on kancil also a rebored block, not a 1000cc block
use kelisa block la 1.0 maaa ... :) then punch L2 no. laa

Teddy_X

Aug 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
sorry for all the late reply..... actually..... I was then in UK studying, now waiting for work permit in Singapore..... that's why i dare talk about this project.... lotsa money we're gonna throw inside....

I know it is impossible to put 50:50 weight distribution.... unless we put on dead weight at the rear side of the kancil to stabilize things.

the A pillar and body also needs to be strengthened. Takut the car break into two halves.

punch engine number..... legal or not.... putting this K3-VET thingie already super risky.... then if kena road block then have to give extra money lor......

Alvin Wong

From Facebook
Oct 22, 2010
www.facebook.com
kancil+k3-vet = almost mini v-tec type R....... you can swap it, bcause in Sabah, they add kancil+1300cc engine(myvi) or 4E-FTE for Kimanis/Crocker Range Downhill battle..... about JPJ... just find a creative way as they did at here....somehow, there's no need register!!!
price.. diffrnt state may diffrnt price.... in here it may cost RM12000 only...

Teddy_X

Aug 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
yeah, but apart from the engine, dunnoe the K3-VET can use the DAIHATSU punya CVT gear box or not.......

My current kancil is 660EZ which uses a lousy 3 speed gear box! rpm at 5000 when cruising at 100km/h!

and also now it has a terrible vacuum leak problem. the whole car shimmys like £$%& when I put in D and brake to a full stop.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
- possible but you will hit a stone wall with the JPJ ... max cc that can gointo a kancil now is 850cc ...

- why would u wanna change everything at one shot ... use the ori i/c ... bov ...

- yes you can install the gearbox also ... provided you cut off abit of the chasis and firewall :)

- if have the budget ... dont just go make holes in ur dics ... upgrade to larger braking system ...

- the car will understeer no matter what ... the engine is too heavy

- my advice is ... just build a 1000T ... faster and alot easier ... cost wise it might be the same since YRV halfcuts are cheap now ... atleast u wont face trouble with the JPJ ...

- it has been done ... you can search out more info on kcarlife.com

Happy modding :)
yeah! go there... lotsa monsters hehe... or you can get the legendary JC-DET from Daihatsu Storia X4... its kinda rare but some of the guys over there found the many of the said hafkat..
The Storia X4 was developed by Daihatsu as a base model for domestic use in motorsport events. Accordingly, luxury items such as air-conditioning, electric windows etc were removed to keep the weight of the car to minimal levels (although power steering was a cost option). Production began on April 10th 1998, and ceased on 31st January 2004. In this time, only 829 cars were produced. Daihatsu did not produce the cars through normal production for sale, and all cars were special order only, and were only available in white.

The base car started with a derivative of the 660cc JB-DET engine, and is a 4-cylinder Twin-Cam DOHC DVVT Fuel-Injected Intercooled Turbo-Charged engine. These engines were shipped to DRS (Daihatsu Racing Services - Think of them as TRD), where the cylinder capacity was enlarged to 713cc, and forged internals added. The 713cc engine size was specifically engineered to enable the car to race in the 1.0 litre class, whereby turbo-charged cars engine size are given a mandatory multiple of x1.4 (to ensure a level playing field against n/a cars). Given the cylinder size of 713cc, a x1.4 multiple means that the cars effective engine size is 998.2cc, thereby being as close to the 1.0 litre limit as possible.

The 713cc engine runs an IHI RHF4B VF36 Ball Bearing Turbo with a Titanium Shaft and Turbine Wheel. Intercooler water spray is also fitted to help lower intake temperature. Rumour is that the engines were slightly de-tuned for sale by Daihatsu, and left the showroom running 18psi (1.24bar), producing 120ps. However, an adjustable actuator was fitted as standard, allowing the boost to be increased to around 24psi with no additional modifications required. A performance upgrade was also available directly from Daihatsu when ordering, which apparently produced 200ps!

The car has a 5-speed close ratio gearbox, clutch-type front & rear differential and permanent four-wheel drive. The overall weight of the car is approximately 820kgs, so the car has an effective power-to-weight ratio of 146ps per tonne.

Unsurprisingly, when the car was introduced in the Kei-Jidousha class (Japanese Mini Cars), it decimated the competition thanks to it's light weight, power and handling. The car also enjoyed success in the all Japan Rally Championship and the all Japan Dirt Trial Championship.
taken from here which source its info here

Teddy_X

Aug 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
thank you bro for the 713cc JC-DET recommendation. yes it is lightweight but can provide astonishing 140bhp. However it would be perfect if it can be coupled with a CVT gearbox, as it will save 15% more fuel yet give 15% better acceleration.

Not to mention that this engine is a rare find.

Anyway the main purpose of me modifying this kancil is to prove that kancil can tapao big cars easily given the right mindset and right components. i have been bullied too many times by those big cars on the highway just because i am driving a small car - Yes, it is payback time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sony has announced the full GT 5's car list. It consists of 10000 cars. At launch it will only have 340 cars while the others will be developed in the future. Polyphony Digital will also develop cars for individual clients.

That means in the future we could have any car put into the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience