Remove catalytic converter on toyota SEG AE111 ... is it ok?

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
hi ...

my local exhaust shop diagnosed and suspected that my toyota SEG AE111 has a clogged (tersumbat) catalytic converter and need to be fixed ... and the car was high on FC and sluggish recently

what the exhaust shop recommend was remove the catalytic converter and replace it with a twister bullet ... and plus he mentioned the center bullet also need to be changed ...

No experience with this stuff ... should a clogged catalytic converter problem should be fixed this way? he mentioned that he fixed many car this method and feedback from his customers were positive ... pls advice ... thx ya ...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
removal of CC is ok in Mesia and had been practiced widely. This improve engine breathing and respond. However, the absence of CC would pollute the air. Over in the States, it would be a offend in the eye of the law.

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
So means if catalytic converter removed and replaced with twister bullet ... will recover the lost power la? cos the exhaust shop guy say my car jerk and lost power due to the Catalytic converter tersumbat d ...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So means if catalytic converter removed and replaced with twister bullet ... will recover the lost power la? cos the exhaust shop guy say my car jerk and lost power due to the Catalytic converter tersumbat d ...
How old is your car? The chance is that your catcon is already dead and it is now clogged. Catcon usually lasts for approximately 5 years only.

If you wan to have more oomph in your car, remove the cat con. If you love the earth is don't want to cause cancer to those who inhales your car exhaust fume, then change the cat con.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How old is your car? The chance is that your catcon is already dead and it is now clogged. Catcon usually lasts for approximately 5 years only.

If you wan to have more oomph in your car, remove the cat con. If you love the earth is don't want to cause cancer to those who inhales your car exhaust fume, then change the cat con.
Most on power play and on budget will just take it out......:rolleyes:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Yup all depends on you
-Want green, replace converter.
-Want power, replace with 2inch piping.

I suppose after converter there is another oem mid silencer have look at it's condition too.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup all depends on you
-Want green, replace converter.
-Want power, replace with 2inch piping.

I suppose after converter there is another oem mid silencer have look at it's condition too.
Yup, he did mention center bullet also....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

If FC is ur concern, just replace back the OEM, if not by all means change it, but twisted bullet? hmmm
Could he mean the swirl type like this....

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Please DO NOT remove the catalytic converter!
And guys, please STOP promoting removing the catalytic converter!
Catalytic converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My catalytic converter last me more than 10 years without any problem (passed emission test) so yours should be still in good shape.
Think about it, you will be poisoning your parents, your family members, your friends, an innocent pregnant lady or kids... if you remove the catalytic converter. And one day, you might me poisoning me too!
Twister bullet, center bullet... that exhaust guy just want your business.
They can even take your catalytic converter and sell it for scrap at good price (more then 100 bucks).
Suggestion:
1) Diagnose your ECU for any fault code
2) Check your spark plug, air filter, fuel filter and fuel pressure, service your throttle body
3) Check your ECU
4) Still can't resolve your problem? Send your car for emission test. If failed the test then replace the catalytic converter

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi Levin818, where you do the emission test? regular workshop with those handheld device and plug a small tube into the exhaust pipe, those type? then many workshops has it. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Hi,

no such thing is catalytic tersumbat, impossible. They would only run out of materials to perform atmospheric conversion = useless, but never tersumbat. That guy cheating you kau kau.

Actually, have you seen a cat_convertor inside before?

Damaged may be, due from vibrations, knocking at bottom, unlimited possibilities. But will not tersumbat for no reason.

hi ...

my local exhaust shop diagnosed clogged (tersumbat) catalytic converter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is the best brake pad for the evo 2 port caliper i am driving wira 1.8 auto recently i change to evo 2 port disc and caliper this morning i check the disc temp is over 250c over how many i dunno cause my temp checker only reach 250c only please give some advice
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience