Advise for Buy Sport Rim

zimohd

Jun 23, 2006

I plan to buy 15" sport rim for my proton wira.

What kind/brand of rim should I buy with budget RM2000 with tyre?
Where is the best place/ shop? I'm in Bangi area.

I'm interested for enkei / OZ / Advanti rim.
All of those rim are original from Japan or ada yang tiruan? Dengan price RM2000, can I get those type of rim or not.

In marketplace, I saw many 2nd hand rim for sale. If, 2nd hand rim, it is ok? I don't know to evaluate either the rim is ok or not. What should I do?

Please advise me. I dont have any knowledge and experience about sport rim.

kazami

Jun 25, 2006
This rim u guess how much is it. I dunno wat brand it is but i think this rim quite nice lor. Rm550 not include tyres. This wan is 15inches wan.

Tohsan

Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
kazami said:
This rim u guess how much is it. I dunno wat brand it is but i think this rim quite nice lor. Rm550 not include tyres. This wan is 15inches wan.
thats the JRD rims, the "Legendary Slow-Heavy-Inferior-Toasted aka SHIT Rim",its wellknown for very efficient in getting dented without much effort. This rims is also very famous with kilang besi buruk boss becos this rim can get u really good money due to its weight. Then they are also famous for number 1 in winning tender project for local cars due to the fantastic Germany mali technology but Malaysian that don understand the German language technology implanted in the rims :biggrin:

kazami

Jun 25, 2006
Really ar? JDR rims sux ar? I duno lar. I dunno anything about rims. I see nice then i take only.

kazami

Jun 25, 2006
tell me more about JDR rims. I dun really use my car for racing. My car is aeroback wira 1.6 stock type.

Tohsan

Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
kazami said:
tell me more about JDR rims. I dun really use my car for racing. My car is aeroback wira 1.6 stock type.
the oni things that u need to know is never go for JRD rims no matter how cheap is their price,it won't last unless u just park your car at home for display for next 20 years :biggrin:

There are so many good brand out there like SSR, Volk Racing, Works, Yokohama Advan,Enkei etc,choose this few brand u won't go wrong. And there's a few good taiwan rims too like KR, AW,Lenso etc and their price also reasonable. For a lil bit more u pay ur rims last longer n stronger, u get less headache why not choose a better quality rims right?:regular_smile:

Futura

Oct 18, 2004
Bro Tohsan, can recommend 16" or 17" inch rims, five spokes one, the lighter the more expensive? I know JRD is well known for its heavyweight feature lol...Just now saw some 5zigen rims in Eneos 1U, damn cun...

Tohsan

Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Futura said:
Bro Tohsan, can recommend 16" or 17" inch rims, five spokes one, the lighter the more expensive? I know JRD is well known for its heavyweight feature lol...Just now saw some 5zigen rims in Eneos 1U, damn cun...
my favourite always Volk Racing CE28 or TE 37 :biggrin:

zimohd

Jun 23, 2006
Advise for Sport Rim Price

I had review some sport rim in kazutogarage web page. I'm very interested 4 of them as attached here. Before I go to that shop.

Could anyone can estimate the price for those sport rim

Tohsan

Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
zimohd said:
I had review some sport rim in kazutogarage web page. I'm very interested 4 of them as attached here. Before I go to that shop.

Could anyone can estimate the price for those sport rim

i m sure the volk,ssr n advan is a bit expensive and good, the spring hart is not bad too. I think most will be around RM2k region for all the rims there.:regular_smile:

kelisa6009

Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
but i think that wan...mostly 2nd hand wan....
imported from Japan

My car paintwork looks fine, but when i touch it, it feels a bit rough. I am probably being a bit anal, but is there some way to remove the roughness?? I think its caused by the fact that I park in under the hot sun for long periods (especially during work, company doesn't provide covered car park, plan to picket soon :p). I tried polishing it, but it doesn't really help. I was thinking of claying it and also getting a better car wash, the one i am using is the el-cheapo type. Will...