actuator adjustment with boost controller

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
sifus,
i just got my boost controller and am wondering if i should set the actuator rod to boost little or boost alot? i mean i can control all that thru the boost controller. however when i put the % at 0, i still boost up to .8bar. i don't mind if i can't boost lower, but is it more advisable to set the actuator rod at min boost or max boost?

thank you!

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
thanks
yeah thats roughly the conclusion i got...
:)

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
my actuator rod was cut off into two and rewelded...

personally I dont think you should do that.. might introduce leaking.. :)

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
my actuator rod has a adjustment screw to it... original volvo :P
what you can do is add washers to the actuator brackets to push the actuator further from the flap(or sumthin like tat... can't remember add washer to where)... or alternatively, cut and weld in adjustment screw to the rod :)

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
rorytate said:
was just thinking

maybe we can bend the rod more..right?

induce a little leaking thus more boost
I believe bending the rod doesnt allow for more boost.. It allows leaking.. Unless you can bend it in a way that it actually gets longer.. :p

The rod opens your wastegate however it is the actuator which controls when to pull (or isit push?) your rod to open your wasetgate..

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
blur civic, for my case, using a td05 the arm is not straight. It's bended like _/~ where as the "~" is straight la.

Maybe i can straightened a little on the "s" shape rod? to ensure that the flap closes?

Suppose actuator to be pulling, not pushing right?

can someone confirm about this?

VESTAX~!!!!!

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmm.. reading this again..maybe some will blur..:D

the actuator is always in pull state.
when preset boost achived the actuator will be push by the boost create at the turbo outlet, opening the wastegate.

harder spring/actuator pull will increase boost.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
but bro..original evo3 turbo no spring rite? can i juz ad up d spring? where to get d spring a? hv to weldin a? will add up spring cause any problem?> thanks...

Maxx said:
hmm.. reading this again..maybe some will blur..:D

the actuator is always in pull state.
when preset boost achived the actuator will be push by the boost create at the turbo outlet, opening the wastegate.

harder spring/actuator pull will increase boost.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am interested in waja bodykit..the g concept or srx kit.....anyone got ar for sale....or can tell me how much is it roughly....... i was quoted 2.5 k for a whole set of srx kit in melaka plus painting.... ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience