abs light

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
anyone knows how to solve this problem?

i saw the light ever since my brake oil was changed..
i also foresee that if i were to change the rotor and brake pad, it will also be there.

i did ask a senior who owns a V6..
he actually shared that this is a common problem with this car..
he actually advice me to :
- change the whole abs...
- tint the abs light
- take out the abs bulb...
in nut shell, what he told me.. i don't find it practical at all..

ABS is an important feature of car, when the light show up, it definitely will interrupt the braking power in a certain way..

Can anyone teach me..
or i should bring the whole car to proton service centre and ask them to rectify...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, it may not be due to faulty ABS at all if you are lucky. you got to check from the very first cheapest way first, that is a wiring socket near the firewall at the engine bay is not attached well. Just try to reattach it. My ABS light did lit up last time and I asked my mech about it, he just checked the socket and fixed.I guess that is the related to ABS wiring or something. No harm to try.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
anyone knows how to solve this problem?

i saw the light ever since my brake oil was changed..
i also foresee that if i were to change the rotor and brake pad, it will also be there.

i did ask a senior who owns a V6..
he actually shared that this is a common problem with this car..
he actually advice me to :
- change the whole abs...
- tint the abs light
- take out the abs bulb...
in nut shell, what he told me.. i don't find it practical at all..

ABS is an important feature of car, when the light show up, it definitely will interrupt the braking power in a certain way..

Can anyone teach me..
or i should bring the whole car to proton service centre and ask them to rectify...
Lol bro...
Tint the ABS light? Take out the bulb? I'm no v6 owner, but to me, that sounds like closing your ears when people in the building are screaming FIRE!!!!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Since you mention change you brake oil. The only thing I can think of is your ABS sensor at the wheel there might be the cause. ABS works with a speed sensor and a toothed gear at each wheel. The sensor is exposed so overtime it gets dirty. The most simple way to do 1st, take out your wheels and clean the speed sensor surface and check if the lights goes out if it's still there, it means there's a faulty sensor on either 1 wheel. If the sensor is faulty just take it to your spare part shop and buy a new one to replace it. The sensor faulty might be the mech accidentally knock it when bleeding the brake oil or forget to reconnect it.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Hi, it may not be due to faulty ABS at all if you are lucky. you got to check from the very first cheapest way first, that is a wiring socket near the firewall at the engine bay is not attached well. Just try to reattach it. My ABS light did lit up last time and I asked my mech about it, he just checked the socket and fixed.I guess that is the related to ABS wiring or something. No harm to try.
thanks for your kind help... i will try this sat.

Lol bro...
Tint the ABS light? Take out the bulb? I'm no v6 owner, but to me, that sounds like closing your ears
when people in the building are screaming FIRE!!!!!
ya.. precisely.. buy a car with ABS and instead, we not using it..

Since you mention change you brake oil. The only thing I can think of is your ABS sensor at the wheel there might be the cause. ABS works with a speed sensor and a toothed gear at each wheel. The sensor is exposed so overtime it gets dirty. The most simple way to do 1st, take out your wheels and clean the speed sensor surface and check if the lights goes out if it's still there, it means there's a faulty sensor on either 1 wheel. If the sensor is faulty just take it to your spare part shop and buy a new one to replace it. The sensor faulty might be the mech accidentally knock it when bleeding the brake oil or forget to reconnect it.
ok, i try it too on this sat..

thank you too

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
old thread, i have finally brought my car to proton service centre about the abs issue,

was told that the abs system was faulty, and it probably cost me more than 1k to change everything along with the sensors.
knowing the service centre abangs well, they actually advice me to remove it instead.

abs is like a brain of braking system.
if its not working well, it actually retard the braking power.. which happens a few times.
i came to know a brother who have 4 pot in front but because of this retard abs problem, he too, don't stop very well..

this is what the workshop advice me to do,
remove the abs system, change to traditional type; meaning no abs.
at least with that, it don't retard the braking power.
cost around 200+, what do you guys think?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
old thread, i have finally brought my car to proton service centre about the abs issue,

was told that the abs system was faulty, and it probably cost me more than 1k to change everything along with the sensors.
knowing the service centre abangs well, they actually advice me to remove it instead.

if its not working well, it actually retard the braking power.. which happens a few times.
i came to know a brother who have 4 pot in front but because of this retard abs problem, he too, don't stop very well..

Abs is one of the key safety feature in a car, unless u trust your own leg to do the necessary braking to prevent wheel lock during e-brake then I'll suggest u get it fixed.

Also u can always go to the 3rd party workshop other than the 1 u mentioned, I'm sure there are more than a few good ones out there who knows what they are doing will help u out on the abs problem with reasonable cost.

Mine lit up once before too and after checking found the abs sensor for front left wheel gone kaput. Replaced it with half cut and voila, back to normal and only cost me 3xx but mine not a perdana though.

Still your life will worth more any figure so think and decide wisely.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Abs is one of the key safety feature in a car, unless u trust your own leg to do the necessary braking to prevent wheel lock during e-brake then I'll suggest u get it fixed.

Also u can always go to the 3rd party workshop other than the 1 u mentioned, I'm sure there are more than a few good ones out there who knows what they are doing will help u out on the abs problem with reasonable cost.

Mine lit up once before too and after checking found the abs sensor for front left wheel gone kaput. Replaced it with half cut and voila, back to normal and only cost me 3xx but mine not a perdana though.

Still your life will worth more any figure so think and decide wisely.
i don't mind getting it repair if i could repair it..

you know any good ones that can repair the abs in johor?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
i don't mind getting it repair if i could repair it..

you know any good ones that can repair the abs in johor?
Of course the abs system can be repaired however since I'm not from Johor, I'll leave the sifus here to recommend some to u.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
its a common problem with pv6, it usually happens if u wash your engine bay & never or did not cover the abs system properly.
the only way to check, find a wide & long stretch of road after rain slam on your brakes & test out the abs see whether is it working or not.
no point repairing or changing the abs system as it will costs a bomb.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

It should not retard the braking power. It does not release only as in anti lock. Or test it out as mentioned by bro. Danz...:driver:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
i went to a 3rd party workshop in johor for an abs dignosis test..

turn out that its my Rear right sensor is faulty, manage to get a new piece for rm150..
changing it this sunday to see if it works..

if can't, i guess i will learnt to live with it.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i went to a 3rd party workshop in johor for an abs dignosis test..

turn out that its my Rear right sensor is faulty, manage to get a new piece for rm150..
changing it this sunday to see if it works..

if can't, i guess i will learnt to live with it.
the sensor is new or 2nd hand?
if u can, ask them also if they can repair the ABS module?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu-sifu there can help me to solve my brake issue? I'm on evo 3 brake booster and master pump but after I installed the frt 4 pot caliper the pedal become lower position than before when you step it.

Any idea????:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience