• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Someone offer me with taiwan made D2 hi/lo adjustable absorber .. and custom spring rate 6k at the back .. price around 1.3k with installation and aligment ... how was it ? View attachment 523007

provide me with some idea ... is it worth ? :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
thanks alot
U a track kaki till u need 6k at the back?
Worry that your car will hop on bump.
Normal setup is 6k front, 4k rear.
Then again, do u really need adjustable?
If not the a good combination of absorber and spring will do just fine,cheaper too.
From the pic, its not bodyshift type so when u want to lower your car u will be compressing the spring more and thats not good.

I would strongly recommend to for same design for the rear setup. If your car has an absorber separated from the spring then if u want to change do follow the same setup. Why?
Because i have seen a pic where the absorber mounting snap as i cant take the aftermarket suspension load.From your pic the rear setup is coil over, i doubt your stock rear suspension is coilover.

Last edited:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
U a track kaki till u need 6k at the back?
Worry that your car will hop on bump.
Normal setup is 6k front, 4k rear.
Then again, do u really need adjustable?
If not the a good combination of absorber and spring will do just fine,cheaper too.
From the pic, its not bodyshift type so when u want to lower your car u will be compressing the spring more and thats not good.

I would strongly recommend to for same design for the rear setup. If your car has an absorber separated from the spring then if u want to change do follow the same setup. Why?
Because i have seen a pic where the absorber mounting snap as i cant take the aftermarket suspension load.From your pic the rear setup is coil over, i doubt your stock rear suspension is coilover.
Thx for info ... so means i should go for non-coilover type ? the reason i go for adjustable is my rear tyre was rubbing the fender when load with people at the back .. currently using lower spring with stock asb .. and now rear asb leaking already .

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
oiii gila ka maibi use 6k spring at the back???

my satria use 4k rear spring already firm and stiff....

maibi feather-butt sure like batu woooo.....

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Thx for info ... so means i should go for non-coilover type ? the reason i go for adjustable is my rear tyre was rubbing the fender when load with people at the back .. currently using lower spring with stock asb .. and now rear asb leaking already .
Tommy zai, go for 4k rear enough. 6K rear, you will keep experience oversteering and i can confirm that your rear passengers will suffer with the feedback.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Someone offer me with taiwan made D2 hi/lo adjustable absorber .. and custom spring rate 6k at the back .. price around 1.3k with installation and aligment ... how was it ? View attachment 523007

provide me with some idea ... is it worth ? :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
thanks alot
6k springs all round? usually back is rated lighter....:driver:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
sorry man i think i make some mistakes .... actually 6k is at front n rear is 4k ... get it wrongly paiseh :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry man i think i make some mistakes .... actually 6k is at front n rear is 4k ... get it wrongly paiseh :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
Should still be bumpy for you. My VR though heavier car is still bumpy and I am on D2 also.
Springs set the lowest, means hand tighten and damping set at step 6 all round...:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Should still be bumpy for you. My VR though heavier car is still bumpy and I am on D2 also.
Springs set the lowest, means hand tighten and damping set at step 6 all round...:smokin:
No chance ride on VR yet.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You always drop by then disappear. If you drop by longer usually doing other thing.....hahahahha:rofl:

VR just back. Spend two weeks in mechanic's place, but here is adjustable topic....:smokin:
Next thread continue on ur VR in mech. :biggrin:
Yala I think next round drop by longer then lunch go out on your VR, actually now nearer to u, can have breakfast together some time. If i'm on leave on weekdays haha! Weekends is ur family day breakfast.

K back to topic.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thats the problem with lowering a car which u will used to carry people and putting aftermarket rim on it.
Yes, the best choice is adjustable.
U can get a set for less than 1k.rear absorber and spring is seperate.
Hi/lo only.

Lowerign spring does not work well with stock absorber, it it shorten the lifespan of the absorber.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thats the problem with lowering a car which u will used to carry people and putting aftermarket rim on it.
Hi/lo only.

Lowerign spring does not work well with stock absorber, it it shorten the lifespan of the absorber.
So with sports springs it will not shorten the lifespan of the shocks right?

Last edited:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi/lo only.

Is that all hi/lo adjustable can avoid fender hiting tyres when load with people ? :confused:
actually im not going to full load on my car .. but at least it can load 3-4 person ... sometime even i drive alone on bumpy road the rear tyres hit the fender 99 lo ... :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So with sports springs it will not shorten the lifespan of the shocks right?
I mean sport spring on std shock will shorten the lifespan of the standard shock.
The shock just cant keep up the the spring bound and rebound.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Is that all hi/lo adjustable can avoid fender hiting tyres when load with people ? :confused:
actually im not going to full load on my car .. but at least it can load 3-4 person ... sometime even i drive alone on bumpy road the rear tyres hit the fender 99 lo ... :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
If your rim offset is too much then it cant be help oso.
Harder suspension is the way to go but trust me, after a while u might hate the suspension.
What brand of spring are u currently on?
may i guess GAB?

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If your rim offset is too much then it cant be help oso.
Harder suspension is the way to go but trust me, after a while u might hate the suspension.
What brand of spring are u currently on?
may i guess GAB?[/quote]

Yea GAB lower spring ... long time using it compressed become shorter .. only one finger gab at the back :sleep::sleep:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At least with hi/lo adjustable you can custom the height and damping. If scrapping then you need to adjust higher. Still hit, then adjust damping harder too, then the ride will be bad...:banghead::biggrin:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
At least with hi/lo adjustable you can custom the height and damping. If scrapping then you need to adjust higher. Still hit, then adjust damping harder too, then the ride will be bad...:banghead::biggrin:
hahah .. wonder why so many people using offset rim n how come they never complain abt this problem .... :confused::confused: