A streetable 300whp NA VTEC

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hmm...this is internet hor, i can claim anything right? :) Honestly, it is not tested. But the plans for the car is for it to be a timeattack vehicle. They are trying to sort out handling now.
Woah.. looking forward to it.. even 260whp is a handful.. waiting to see a 300whp car do it.

Update here.

Still quite a ways to go in face of a big bad turbo...

but again, I congratulate the parties for making these happen... cooperation goes a long way in this, I'm sure.. I don't think if you bought parts randomly for this build would make 300whp.

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
nismo,
time attack vehicle?wat r d targeted event?care 2 share?n wat chasis btw?
thx

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Ehh no lah. Why so defensive :omg_smile: ? No what I meant was that I didn't know it was possible to to get like 300whp without ITBs or there was a 350whp K series. Take it easy bro..no pun intended!:embaressed_smile:
Not being defensive la bro.. Thought i just let you know that it could be done and had been done in USA and not here though.

Congrats on your build. :regular_smile:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Then again...maybe 300whp with normal fuel, power steering and aircon is no big deal to a lot here in the forum.................
Seriously dude, I come here in peace. I just want to share FACTS. Nothing more....
300whp is alot even in the USA. Not all built in USA can get 300whp also. What i was just trying to say that it had been done before in USA. And getting 300whp locally is the 2nd time i have heard. 300whp is doable but it is not a simple task. It takes alot of money to source the parts, alot of patience to get all the nuts and fruits in and alot of time to massage all the parts to work together to get this result.

Hurray and congrats to the guys at Advangarde!!! :shades_smile:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
nismo502,
thx 4 d link..n aikss??y conflicting information 1?d date says its a Monday....but d pharagraph below sed its gona take place on a weekEND?ehheheehe.....
darn it,wish i can join.....

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
avantasia,
r u hinting sumthg @ me?coz i dun remember me revealing anythg abt y car or set up...ooo..so now u wanna marah me lar?damn....i just cant keep my 388atw secret a secret anymore is it?n my 888atw secret has been revealed by shiro!hahahaha.
(damn,here v go,hijacking ppl's thread,AGAIN!)
no la....how can i marah u and honda zth forummer, but i do respect if they can come out with complete & detail specs.....but anyway nice job done by avantgarde n their team!!!!

ermmm btw anybody here have 250whp above on B-series willing to share their setup? hihh hih hihh hihhh chris wats the latest news on u'r B-series project?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
2 years ago when i was fooling around with my DC2, i wanted to do a K20 drop in for MSS as regulations allow then.

Got a quote for a DC5 halfcuts then all the mountings, wirings axles and the accesories, i nearly fell down my seat. haha... :)

Then last year race regulation no changing of engines, so have ditched the idea of K20 and also couldn't save enough for a conversion also. haha.. :)

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
2 years ago when i was fooling around with my DC2, i wanted to do a K20 drop in for MSS as regulations allow then.

Got a quote for a DC5 halfcuts then all the mountings, wirings axles and the accesories, i nearly fell down my seat. haha... :)

Then last year race regulation no changing of engines, so have ditched the idea of K20 and also couldn't save enough for a conversion also. haha.. :)
hik hik hikk, need more sponsor if like dat!!!! Rm25K over also is not enough

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
hik hik hikk, need more sponsor if like dat!!!! Rm25K over also is not enough
hehe.. 2 years ago i was quoted RM35k for DC5 half cut and the Mat salleh in USA quoted me another RM10-15k for all other necessary parts to bolt on the K20a to my DC2.

My B project? Stagnant for a while. Cause my mech was in Japan for one month and I was saving money for parts. He just back last week, so we are looking at the parts and mods for the head now and deciding the final choice of the pistons. Low comp or high comp... hehe

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004

I have the same problem when the changed the rules for super saloon too. Considering that participation wasnt that great last year in super saloon. Wonder if they will change the rules again this year.

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
wow....RM35K for the halfcut!!! i think now can get below that price!!!!!!!!!

at present, to built B-series is more interesting for malaysian people!!!! dun forget to update while continuing built it again okie!!!! u r more detail on wat spec u choose for u'r setup n we like dat!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hehe.. 2 years ago i was quoted RM35k for DC5 half cut and the Mat salleh in USA quoted me another RM10-15k for all other necessary parts to bolt on the K20a to my DC2.

My B project? Stagnant for a while. Cause my mech was in Japan for one month and I was saving money for parts. He just back last week, so we are looking at the parts and mods for the head now and deciding the final choice of the pistons. Low comp or high comp... hehe
Lol.. same here during that time as well..
Nearly 50K needed to get it done properly with all the parts and the halfcut.
Customer finally settled on a B18CR... cheaper to mod.. :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and sis..
can anyone tell me which shop is recommanded to install D1 bonnet pin ?:confused::confused:
fiber hood
in suitable area Puchong / sunway (or somewhere in KL)

thank you ....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience