7AGE conversion

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
WONG...u can find a 6 bolts manual flywheel in 4afe or 5afe.....i oso cant remeber too..but my 20valve last time using 7a bloack and blacktop head,but i can use back my VVT......walao....third gear really can feel very nice the power....

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Eh... I thought 7AGE is not rev happy? Also, I don't see any reason why the rev cut should be removed since the powerband is expected to drop after 7000rpm.

Anyways, I think this link should be a good read for 7AGE enthusiast: The 5A and the 7A

On the other hand, 5AGE sounds just as interesting....

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
Eh... I thought 7AGE is not rev happy? Also, I don't see any reason why the rev cut should be removed since the powerband is expected to drop after 7000rpm.

Anyways, I think this link should be a good read for 7AGE enthusiast: The 5A and the 7A

i think the RMP can rev till 9500.....1st gear of my 7a 20valve ever rev till 10000rpm....the power is really nice.....but in the end...my 4 piston ring all broken.....hahaha....

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
i think the RMP can rev till 9500.....1st gear of my 7a 20valve ever rev till 10000rpm....the power is really nice.....but in the end...my 4 piston ring all broken.....hahaha....
i really respect your courage, rev until 10k, but i got no money, cannot afford to keep changing engine.. hehe.... 7a is not meant for hi rev, maximum is only 8k rpm, anything beyond that is juz rev, and no power... dangerous also, coz that engine is not meant for hi rev..

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
but when u race with VTEC u should rev high little ba...when i fit in LSD and i vs vtec ....i hold my rpm5500....but i rev till 9000....can win vtec....but i use my engine in STARLET EP71 2 door

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008

If you have balance engine and use good bearings and bolts THEN go for cam and final drive.(Final drive 4.5 or maybe even 5.1)A bit punishing on LSD and shafts but the G-force damn shiok!!!
This should shift your powerband up and after 4k rpm the tacho needle will just fly to 10k rpm.!!

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

i really respect your courage, rev until 10k, but i got no money, cannot afford to keep changing engine.. hehe.... 7a is not meant for hi rev, maximum is only 8k rpm, anything beyond that is juz rev, and no power... dangerous also, coz that engine is not meant for hi rev..
STOCK 7a bottom with bt head..like you said not much point... but with the proper build it can be done.
All depends on the cam and fuel map.(Old TRD Tacho redlines 11K for the 16v)

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur

7AGE is much more like 4AGE, after u done those major balancing and also racing bearing is not a problem for high rev, ofcoz don rev till 10k like 1238 did la..hahaha!!

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
anything beyond that is juz rev, and no power.....
The power equation is as follows

Power(hp)= Torque X RPM

anyone who has dyno knows using lower gear gives higher torque reading.

So for NA increase compression and subsequently torque will increase power AND the other way is to increase USABLE RPM

Cheers!!

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
WONG...u can find a 6 bolts manual flywheel in 4afe or 5afe.....i oso cant remeber too..but my 20valve last time using 7a bloack and blacktop head,but i can use back my VVT......walao....third gear really can feel very nice the power....
i pm u ald...haha!!

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
The power equation is as follows

Power(hp)= Torque X RPM

anyone who has dyno knows using lower gear gives higher torque reading.

So for NA increase compression and subsequently torque will increase power AND the other way is to increase USABLE RPM

Cheers!!
this is something new to me... i never know that by increasing rev, the output will increase also.. coz to me, the power curve is more important, is power starts to drop at certain rpm, no point keep revving the engine to the max.... if 7a go very hi rev, reliability is a serious issue, 7afe is meant for economical purpose, and the original rev cut is at 6400 only, anything beyond that is not the air fuel or management issue, it is the mechanical issue, engine will tend to face fatigue after certain rev, causing power drop..

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
this is something new to me... i never know that by increasing rev, the output will increase also.. coz to me, the power curve is more important, is power starts to drop at certain rpm, no point keep revving the engine to the max.... if 7a go very hi rev, reliability is a serious issue, 7afe is meant for economical purpose, and the original rev cut is at 6400 only, anything beyond that is not the air fuel or management issue, it is the mechanical issue, engine will tend to face fatigue after certain rev, causing power drop..
Yeah but after your balancing;pnp;bearings etc together with the bt head its no more a 7afe...its a 7age 20valver!!The head and cams will give it a different characteristic altogether.I think bt pistons were also used.So that's why I mentioned the 'build' must be good first.

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
WOng......sorry....i bought it from lastt time oledi...but i try to help ask k....

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

now...i playing for my 20valve using a racing toda piston 82mm and 7a block...and using a 288 inlet and outlet toda cam....but my ECu is not a 20valve original ECu....i use the ecu is kampung kampung 1 and not cut..but i got use a emanage ultimate for tunning it....i rev till 9000.i try to playing with VTec 2000,i can win but not very far.i gotta the feeling...hahaha....

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

anyone Know that who have a 20valve blacktop TRD gear ratio for selling?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
[/COLOR]now...i playing for my 20valve using a racing toda piston 82mm and 7a block...and using a 288 inlet and outlet toda cam....but my ECu is not a 20valve original ECu....i use the ecu is kampung kampung 1 and not cut..but i got use a emanage ultimate for tunning it....i rev till 9000.i try to playing with VTec 2000,i can win but not very far.i gotta the feeling...hahaha....

anyone Know that who have a 20valve blacktop TRD gear ratio for selling?
Err question:how do you know whether vvt got function or not?
Since you using racing toda piston-short skirt?....make sure you check the oil and service regularly.
racing----normally means after every race the engine is rebuilt!!
Anyone tried mines ecu with cams???

Last time I use weber dcoe(45) and 16v only with trd distributor....so there was no cut or vvt to contend with but engine can still pull easily beyond 10k rev.

For the 'gear ratio' u mean trd gearbox?....just change the final drive will do.

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
Err question:how do you know whether vvt got function or not?
Since you using racing toda piston-short skirt?....make sure you check the oil and service regularly.
racing----normally means after every race the engine is rebuilt!!
Anyone tried mines ecu with cams???

Last time I use weber dcoe(45) and 16v only with trd distributor....so there was no cut or vvt to contend with but engine can still pull easily beyond 10k rev.

For the 'gear ratio' u mean trd gearbox?....just change the final drive will do.
ok...but i not using my vVt anymore....i mean last time my engine is original of 20valve head 7a block and use back the original vvt..i oso got try to check my VVT whether is running or not...is running....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just inquire,
I running sr20det in stock in my u12 bluebird
Now already 1 and half year then still doesnt change spark plug.
Just now Im thinking that I want to change to new spark plug.
What type of spark plug is good for my sr20det?
What brand?
And also the price?
Hey sifu please help me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience