6a12tt-rs.perdana v6

mhaziem_ke30

Known Member
Jul 10, 2006
thnx 4 the info bro...but juz let say we put all the jpj's regulations out of the equation, do u think it can be done..?
yeap sure canbe done..there will be alot of adjustment of gearbox location, engine mounting etc..not recommended..

ajin

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
juz wnna ask..ma fwen juz pluck in 6a12tt to his beloved perdana b4 rayer...all stock standard...he vwy satisfy wit the performnce...he increase the boost to 1 bar n boost appiely...da prob came whn he chnge his clutch plate using trinity 4 puck clucth...after pull n pull n pull the car broke down...put gear into no 1,the car not moving same goes to 2,3,4,5...only can reverse...open check the gb, the teeth had broke...izzit becoz of too much grip from the clucth or 6a12tt gb cannot tahan??

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
did yr fren plonk the whole halfcut engine from 6a12tt or bought the engine & gbox separately...? the gb is very reliable, should withstand the 4 puck clutch....6 puck also can....or just yr fren is plain unlucky that time.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

tell yr fren to lower his boost to 0.8.

sigamonta

Aug 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i dont think can pass JPJ.
for gen2, evo 4-6 should be suitable.
yeah,heard lots of people said 4g63t and 4g93t will be a great match for gen2...
but i want to try something different...
and i've heard 6a12tt is more ideal when it comes to cruising in the hi way...

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

yeap sure canbe done..there will be alot of adjustment of gearbox location, engine mounting etc..not recommended..
i had another question in mind...
i've heard one of the turbo in 6a12tt usually will "kong"...
so can i do anything to stop this from happening...??

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
from front till fuel tank 2.5", from there 3" to muffler .
i mean if u have the extra $$$, must as well change it. to open pod coupled with CAI (cold air intake)

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
oh i see...now im planing to use aa combox wich combox is odeal for v6tt...you mean i must change the air filter N use the CAI..? where to find cold air intake....?half cut..?

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wat is combox bro?
u either could use orignal drop in air filter from K&N or open pod type like blitz, apexi or hks mushroom style.

CAI could be bought at any accessory shop. bout rm50-60.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Notice most family car turbo cars like Merc, BMW, Audi, Volvo, VW, Peug don't come with any intercoolers? For Malaysian weather is it sufficient, or it's bad of the turbo & engine in the long run?

Last time Merc, Audi don't do big boost on their compressor/turbos for lower spec models but nowadays we see most of the has increased the boost to gain more power with smaller engines, which in terms translate to higher stress to the engine & more heat.

You'd see Japanese Turbo cars usually...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience