4G93T Club

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
gyus can recommend any performance cams for 4g93 dohc..non turbo...not sure the exact code..currently in my putra...swap engine with 4g93 from japan halfcut...

You can try Duratech camshafts with 272deg and 10.8mm lift. Not too harsh yet nice mid-range torque and power. Duratech cam profile is a copy of the previous JUN Spec. It comes with valve springs too. Price MYR2400.00 only. Can use for daily ride.

If you want wilder camshafts you can consider TOMEI Procams. 304deg or 318deg with 11mm lift. These are hot cams and idling is not so good. However, mid to redline power sure you can feel.
Price with valve springs MYR3050.00 (recommended for racing and spirited driving)

Call me if you are ready for camshafts! 0164786000

Wira3319,
If your budget limited go for brand new HWL coilovers la... MYR1380 only one set. Summore got 1 year warranty. Why risk the MYR750 for a used unit if the condition unknown? Repair and modification cost more later...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
You can try Duratech camshafts with 272deg and 10.8mm lift. Not too harsh yet nice mid-range torque and power. Duratech cam profile is a copy of the previous JUN Spec. It comes with valve springs too. Price MYR2400.00 only. Can use for daily ride.

If you want wilder camshafts you can consider TOMEI Procams. 304deg or 318deg with 11mm lift. These are hot cams and idling is not so good. However, mid to redline power sure you can feel.
Price with valve springs MYR3050.00 (recommended for racing and spirited driving)

Call me if you are ready for camshafts! 0164786000

Wira3319,
If your budget limited go for brand new HWL coilovers la... MYR1380 only one set. Summore got 1 year warranty. Why risk the MYR750 for a used unit if the condition unknown? Repair and modification cost more later...
duratech camshaft sound so delicious man sob sob too bad no money for that sigh...

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
halo all sifus,

my engine also makan engine oil like crazy, no leakage whatsoever when i look undercarriage.
Sometimes when idle got lotsa white smoke coming out of the exhaust. when full on throttle also got white/greyish smoke come out.
when full on throttle sometimes car jerking also.

what does this mean??
any help would be appreciated. :)
I would suspect the piston head. A compression test is fast, easy, and cheap. Make sure the mechanic cranks the engine for 5 to 10 times to get the reading.

If not, then only check the turbo unit, as it needs more work to check that.

By the way, just check whether there is any oil below the aircon compressor, as engine oil might leak out from the oil cooler (& drips down onto the aircon compressor).

nuex_nuex

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
same to me.. u see my hp just 5 only.. hehe.. try search image @ google.. "wira gsr" "wira evo" .. so many pic .. hehe

monaro

Dec 5, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
as i remember 3 months ago i did top overhaul, they sandblasted the piston surface clean it all and change to metal head gasket. so its not possible that the piston cracked if they noticed they would tell me. so the problem is maybe the turbo, ill check it myself first if i have the time and probably will do compression test too afterward. anyway since i transplanted the engine in 2006 i never serviced the turbo. so maybe its about time :)

thanks for your help chriss really appreciated it.

p/s: if u have any recommended workshop (or maybe ur shop) do tell me. cheers.
u are welcome,u got pm~
Hi Sifus,

Recently my 93T is having syptoms very much like AndyDemarco described. Coincidentally, the engine was also overhauled recently, during last May. So when the engine started to "minum" engine oil like coca-cola, I know something is not right. However, mine don't produce white smoke when idling, only when I step on it, it gets bad. Just like Andy, I can feel the pick-up is a lil bit jerky around the 2800/3000 rpm range. BTW, i'm running on very low boost, 0.6 bar. So do Sifus think that I have a bad turbine as well or this is something else?

Another thing, my tappets sound get VERY loud when my engine oil level reach half full (due to the makan oil problem). I mean VERY LOUD... like a tractor or something. Any way to solve this problem?

BTW, any recommended workshop that is reliable(know about turbo la) and reasonable.... coz until now, I've been servicing it at a normal workshop (Coz, I only got this car last Oct)

Thank you, all sifus and bros! :adore::adore:

Mar 31, 2010
Miri
Hello to all the GSR sifu's...:wavey:

just got my hand's on a 4G93T waja recently..
asked my mechanic and ahe said my fuel is too rich..That means my fuel ratio is too high right?
He said i may need to get a new fuel pump then tune my ECU..(im using an external fuel tank right now)
Im also using e-manage blue..

I'm also having a problem of my sparkplug being black(soot)...

Any suggestion guy's?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Hi Sifus,

Recently my 93T is having syptoms very much like AndyDemarco described. Coincidentally, the engine was also overhauled recently, during last May. So when the engine started to "minum" engine oil like coca-cola, I know something is not right. However, mine don't produce white smoke when idling, only when I step on it, it gets bad. Just like Andy, I can feel the pick-up is a lil bit jerky around the 2800/3000 rpm range. BTW, i'm running on very low boost, 0.6 bar. So do Sifus think that I have a bad turbine as well or this is something else?

Another thing, my tappets sound get VERY loud when my engine oil level reach half full (due to the makan oil problem). I mean VERY LOUD... like a tractor or something. Any way to solve this problem?

BTW, any recommended workshop that is reliable(know about turbo la) and reasonable.... coz until now, I've been servicing it at a normal workshop (Coz, I only got this car last Oct)

don call me sifu please,i still not sifu,i still learning now day the new tech every day will got,when can learn all,but i don mind to share my exp,if u said don got white smoke from muffler is okay,then u better open your turbo compressor inlet see the fin got leak or not?if still don have also nvm,some turbo car or hi hp car when hi rev the engine oil will be leak from the engine oil breath hole hose,if your engine internal clearance not good also will like that,leak from piston ring,or also can check your turbine oil return oil sump hose got leak or not,the 4g93 hydraulic is always like that engine dirty or old already the clearance too much will become like that,u can try change your engine oil,if is the same then must change the new hydraulic,any detail can give me a call,i will glad if get your phone call,0122787675 chrissyong thank u and good luck ~

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

asked my mechanic and ahe said my fuel is too rich..That means my fuel ratio is too high right?
He said i may need to get a new fuel pump then tune my ECU..(im using an external fuel tank right now)

Any suggestion guy's?
i must let u know one thing turbo fuel rich is good thing at least that never harm your engine,cause the fuel is let your piston cool down after compress and initial fire,it can use your piggy back ecu or stand alone ecu reduce your a/f ratio become 11or 12 a/f ratio deepend of what kind fuel or tuner,no point to change low pressure fuel pump..

Last edited:

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi Sifus,

1) White Smoke
I'm guessing that when u say "Step on it", it is >5k rpm...
if that's the case, then most likely turbo needs an overhaul.
I heard there is a good place in KL (i think it is called Mat Turbo) to fix it. Check this forums.
If not, i think i have a downloaded pdf DIY for the 4g93 turbo unit.

2) Tappet
Yea, mine too. If the engine oil is too low, the tappets start to sound (good warning system yea!!!)

3) Jerkiness
Mine had that same problem, especially when I rev past 3.5k rpm
Problem solved after I changed my spark plugs to Iridium IK22.

Any suggestion guy's?
I agree with Chris. Rich is safer, as it cools the piston chamber down.
U need the O2 sensor (which usually doesn't come with half-cut) on the exhaust to ensure correct fuel mixture. I didn't add it for mine cause I'm ok with my FC, which is currently ~12km/l (80% highway, hard driving).

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Hi Sifus,

Aiyak! Keta kuat got prob meh?!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Three weeks ago we learned about the track-only Pagani Zonda R beating the Ferrari 599XX at the Nurburgring by 10 seconds flat. About a week later we saw a German video of the Italian manufacturer complete the feat, now we bring you an on-board video of the driver humiliating Ferrari with a perfect drive at the 'Ring. Great video complete with an amazing 12-cylinder soundtrack.

<object...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience