4G93T Club

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
oic..thanx bro..TD05 will be great if install in GSR but have to note that this also can be harm if uncontrolable press throttle + high boost..hehe..

actly i've fear to instal big turbo since have experince in engine pecah..

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
You need to take note if want more power of course you need to extra in other thing esspecially the main ingridients air fuel ratio if this ok everything it alright.......cannot to lean and to rich just ngam - ngam lol....cheers

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
yalor..thats true bro yashio..when you upgrde turbo - need bigger injector, fuel pump must be big - walbro, fuel management - piggback.....= headache..keke..

but what to do, we love boosting..cheers..:rofl:

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
all bros,
b4 this my mechanic use 2 tulang ikan (4 valve each x 2= 8 valve) to boost 1 bar. But he only open 3 valve. so can i just use 1 tulang ikan and open 3 valve instead 2 valve on 1 tulang ikan and 1 valve on the other?

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Thanks for the info Yashio and Wira.. wahaha... we always happy boosting 1 larh.. hahaha!
my car coming out soon ... Wahahaa... but not yet TD05...
Actually , what wastegate help ah?? just wanted to know.. if combination of TD05, evo3 injector and wastegate. How was it. ? and if without Wastegate...

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
if u lav the hi cam sound but cant afford to buy cams, juz change to adjustable pulley. adjust the pulley to maximum retard & ull get that sound... juz lag on power then......

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
zzzz.... speechless bro.. u give a very good solution.. thank you very much. :sleep:

Last edited:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks for the info Yashio and Wira.. wahaha... we always happy boosting 1 larh.. hahaha!
Actually , what wastegate help ah?? just wanted to know.. if combination of TD05, evo3 injector and wastegate. How was it. ? and if without Wastegate...
if ur talkin bout better performance response, ill advise u to skip the injector. juz mode td05, stainless steel piping, wastegate, fuel regulator, fuel pump, rsm & safc... dat will do. then must do some settings & lastly dyno if possible... tires & absobers plays a big part as well...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
[H] [K] [S];3788559 said:
if ur talkin bout better performance response, ill advise u to skip the injector. juz mode td05, stainless steel piping, wastegate, fuel regulator, fuel pump, rsm & safc... dat will do. then must do some settings & lastly dyno if possible... tires & absobers plays a big part as well...
But like what Yashio did is more cost effective right?td05 and emanage.

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
wastegate??, aiyoh that's also have to save some money..when buy wgte, have to buy also the banana..if not tebuk manifold..but p4mance not last..i prefer turbosmart brand..

for me i btter do change the injector, TD05, banana, S.T pipe eksoz & intercoler, walbro pump, and at least emanage blue for fuel management..hehe..don't know when i have money do that..

most i regret last time projct..S.T pipe i.c & eksoz (3 inch), cap thai wasgate & cap ayam fuel regulator..perfomance???..even kenari can tapau me..always cut at 6k rpm..now standard mode..only big ic from e3..feel better..hehe..:proud:

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
HKS - I agree what are you said but when comes to stainless steel piping its more costly n furthermore if you want to install the banana later u need to twist a little bit the turbine n some of the piping need to redo again so its very costly you need to do the piping twice....SAFC its nice because its got display but in term of tuning much appropiate use the piggyback they can tune more pointer on certain rpm compare to the SAFC in term of price its almost the same.....anyway we almost the same want more cost effcetive right.....cheers bro

WIRA 3319 -Just want to share something with you if you want to install the wastegate i have some suggestion no need to buy banana (its cheper lol)....please do not "tebuk" your exhaust manifold just ask the welder to make one new pipe nearby the downpipe at the turbo n the pipe going up n plug in the wastegate n everything is done.....then you will feel the power is different from "tebuk" your exhasut manifold.....cheers

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
wastegate??, aiyoh that's also have to save some money..when buy wgte, have to buy also the banana..if not tebuk manifold..but p4mance not last..i prefer turbosmart brand..

for me i btter do change the injector, TD05, banana, S.T pipe eksoz & intercoler, walbro pump, and at least emanage blue for fuel management..hehe..don't know when i have money do that..

most i regret last time projct..S.T pipe i.c & eksoz (3 inch), cap thai wasgate & cap ayam fuel regulator..perfomance???..even kenari can tapau me..always cut at 6k rpm..now standard mode..only big ic from e3..feel better..hehe..:proud:
the disadvantage of tebuk manifold is that the durability won't be as long as if u get a SS manifold with a directly hole to plug the wastegate on it...the durability as not a mean for wastegate, as a mean of that maybe after sometimes, they will be leaking around the welding area btw standard manifold and wastegate...

your last time project gadgets doesn't not really influece on your rpm cut....i afraid is your ECU tat play a big role on that..6k rpm cut for mitsubishi's engine? izzit auto?
unless if it is bcause of insufficient or inproper fuel produced after 6k rpm that lead to the end of fuel produced which resulted in 6k rpm cut..

-evo 510cc injector wil cost u around RM350
-TD05 depends from which engine, vr4 or 4g63 evo 1,2,3...price range around 600-1200, half cut condition
-new ss manifold range around 600-1500
-half cut evo3 intercooler 400-700
-new wallbro around 380-450
-new emanage+ignition harness around 1000-1300
-whole SS exhaust piping from downpipe till the end of muffler, around 300-600...

all bros,
b4 this my mechanic use 2 tulang ikan (4 valve each x 2= 8 valve) to boost 1 bar. But he only open 3 valve. so can i just use 1 tulang ikan and open 3 valve instead 2 valve on 1 tulang ikan and 1 valve on the other?
well bro, if u're using tulang ikan to set your boost, u must do a lots of trial...not to say tulang ikan, an analog or digital boost controller also required the same thing..

the pressure of each boost controller + engine settings is different..is not like both using 4g93t, both installed with same item, using tulang ikan as well...the first one open 3 valve to archieve 1 bar, and the other one might open 4 valve to archieve 1 bar...it might because of your vaccuum hose length, turbo's condition, engine's condition and so on..

u can use only 1 ikan tulang if u dislike of using 2...but make sure u play wit it properly..is not an easy set-up because ikan tulang tend to spike or creep, it hardly to maintain at a constant boost unlike a good analog/digital boost controller with solenoid example HKS EVC, Profec, DSBC and so on..

the combination u mentioned i think is the most common set-up for a 4g93t users in order to cut cost while gaining maximum performance..
without wastegate also no problem geh, u stil got actuator (internal wastegate) to help u release the air, just that if u're boosting really high, then the internal wastegate might not be able to support the releasing pressure thus creating an unconstant boost that will damage your turbo slowly...if u would like to know more in-depth about internal/external wastegate, u can search around lo..

basically an external wastegate itself do not actually produce any significant HorsePower...is just to hold the accurate pressure to release into atmosphere while maintaining a constant boost that able to regulate your turbo and engine in the same time...when constant boost being archieved, there will be an increment of power...so it is like a subsitute/additional item's that must have combination to gain horsepower..

[H] [K] [S];3788337 said:
if u lav the hi cam sound but cant afford to buy cams, juz change to adjustable pulley. adjust the pulley to maximum retard & ull get that sound... juz lag on power then......
lolzzz...of course lag of power lo, u retarded the exhaust to maximum point...

why don u try exhaust 4' retard, intake 4' advance, or the way round, i forget my settings d...
it will increase your low-end, however decrease in high-end....both must have it's own pros and cons...cam pulley is main for adjusting the value of a higher degree of cam to make it suitable for the settings u implemented into your engine...

if adjustable cam pulley + standard stock cam, u will only notice a slight changes and if setting accurately, u will gain let's say 2-10HP only...while if adjustable cam pulley + high cam, u will gain around 20-50 HP, vary from your cam specification, tunning, and related condition.

Last edited:

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
yo bro yashio, hehe now oledy dismantle the piping with wasgate and do install old standard GSR piping rubber...feel better..:driver:

this time no mode on engine, only do minor bodywork and go paint..maybe in future will touch again the engine,,:smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

bro clanz,..i think my cut is from cap ayam wasgate (thai HKS) + fuel regulator..yups its true bro, wasgate spring cannot hold after 6k even i play lower boost (0.6) + fuel reg - engine keep die after boost, check after check..my fuel not enough supplied....still a newbie that time..dont know much bout moding engine..

my ecu seems ok, after i change back to stdard mode..fuel ok, km can reach 180, everything seems normal back..p/s: i'm using 5070 code ecu..:driver:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
if u said engine die after boost w/o air-con maybe there is somewhere leaking lo....or maybe your wastegate unable to close the valve properly which happened to most of the imitate wastegate that make your engine die...

i meant maybe your ecu that cut your rpm...but normally for most of the mitsubishi OEM ECU settings, is ended up at 7k for a manual transmission vehicles...included 4g93t

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
yeah bro, i suspect problem frm wastegate, because after i change back everthing to normal from piping ic to manifold with ori wastegate (internal), no more engine die..hehe..mybe rpm cut because of insufficient fuel ka?? rite now i'm using evo fuel pump and no regulator..rpm seems to be ok already, can reach over than 7k..just my 2 cent..FYI, my engine is auto halfcut convert to manual..thnx bro clanz..