4G93T Club

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
does the fuel regulator c/w the pressure gauge and mounting bkt for gsr? (izzit from japan, ori?)

btw, the mechanic did test the engine with a stock fuel regulator. manage to get it to 3 bar, but when revving, the pressure drop.. so, pressure drop is confirm fuel pump insufficient right?
SARD Fuel Regulator which I am selling is original.
I give Arospeed Pressure Gauge, Fuel Rail Adaptor and Fuel hose in the RM450 package.
Bracket you can make ur own.... not difficult la if bring to your mech to install... everything is there oledi....

As I mentioned b4... if stock fuel pressure regulator not faulty and ur press drop when on load... ur fuel pump not up to expectation la. have to change edi....

have the whole fuel system checked for leaks as well la... i never see how ur mech test ma... so i can only guess the usual culprit.

Last edited:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
thanks. can you pm me the items, price and contact number? i lazy to browse back the forum for the information.. sorry for the trouble ah.. kekkekkee

Last edited:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
finally, had a new pump install (gsr type).. given along the halfcut. installed. see some improvement during idling.. but still, engine trembling... gah.. shyt arse.. then mechanic check for each cylinder compression pressure from cylinder 1 to 4. he claims that cyl 2 to 4, no prob, because it reach 150 (forgot bout the unit) in few clicks (engine start up sound), but the 1st cylinder needed more clicks to reach 150. So he assume combustion pressure lost in cyl 1. head ache.. :banghead: which results in incomplete combustion in cyl 1?! recommend service. check piston ring, valve , in other words, overhauling??? die..

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
finally, had a new pump install (gsr type).. given along the halfcut. installed. see some improvement during idling.. but still, engine trembling... gah.. shyt arse.. then mechanic check for each cylinder compression pressure from cylinder 1 to 4. he claims that cyl 2 to 4, no prob, because it reach 150 (forgot bout the unit) in few clicks (engine start up sound), but the 1st cylinder needed more clicks to reach 150. So he assume combustion pressure lost in cyl 1. head ache.. :banghead: which results in incomplete combustion in cyl 1?! recommend service. check piston ring, valve , in other words, overhauling??? die..

dude... if each cylinder can reach the targeted compression pressure and are not far away from each other that means your engine is fine... if there is a leak.. the cylinder would not be able to reach the required pressure at all... a few clicks difference is ok one mah... maybe your cylinder 1 are slightly dirty in the sense of carbon deposits building up.. but it's still ok.. u worry too much.

engine trembling issue I've mentioned to you already... have u checked all the engine mounting condition? Is the idle timing too low? Set it to 850rpm la... is it done?

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
mounting condition checked, ok. but i will dbl confirm with another mechanic. the idling rpm now is at 850rpm ah..
just further information, the mechanic check the engine condition by pulling out the spark plug cable, going from 1 to 4. cyl 2 to 4, if plug out, the engine slows down significantly. only cyl 1 doesnt seems to have much effect.
then, the injection plug is pull off 1 by 1, all give effects of slowing down (meaning fuel supply [bigger lph fuel pump] did reach cyl 1, previously cyl 1 pull off injector connector, no sign of slowing down)

rizkhan2882

Feb 12, 2005
jay bee
gud evening everyone.. want ur guidance n advice la...
im runnin stended gsr now but changed my turbo to bigger than TD04but slightly smaller tahn TD05.. its garreett ar42, dunno from where one la.. n i've install sard FPR.. so now i want to fix e manage+avcr, do i need to change my throttle body, air flow n injector to EVO one's b4 installin e menes? some say its easiere to cut fuel rather tahn increasin the fuel? n metal gasket also fix or no? thanx:banghead:

Bump: gud evening everyone.. want ur guidance n advice la...
im runnin stended gsr now but changed my turbo to bigger than TD04but slightly smaller tahn TD05.. its garreett ar42, dunno from where one la.. n i've install sard FPR.. so now i want to fix e manage+avcr, do i need to change my throttle body, air flow n injector to EVO one's b4 installin e menes? some say its easiere to cut fuel rather tahn increasin the fuel? n metal gasket also fix or no? thanx:banghead:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
mounting condition checked, ok. but i will dbl confirm with another mechanic. the idling rpm now is at 850rpm ah..
just further information, the mechanic check the engine condition by pulling out the spark plug cable, going from 1 to 4. cyl 2 to 4, if plug out, the engine slows down significantly. only cyl 1 doesnt seems to have much effect.
then, the injection plug is pull off 1 by 1, all give effects of slowing down (meaning fuel supply [bigger lph fuel pump] did reach cyl 1, previously cyl 1 pull off injector connector, no sign of slowing down)
Your injector in cyl 1 may be clogged. Take out the spark plug to check it's condition. If it the tip is white and the other 3 are brownish.. confirm your injector the culprit. I bet your engine now runs like a (Impreza Subaru) eh? hehheehe. Just to make sure the injector is the one giving problems... change cyl 1 injector to cyl 2. and see if the same kind of problem occurs. If same... injector lor.. if not same.. cyl 1 still giving problem.. need to check wiring and ecu already.

The other common part failure in the 4g93t is the power pack coils. When faulty it causes your car to misfire alot.

Bump:
gud evening everyone.. want ur guidance n advice la...
It depends on your budget la bro.. if got $$ change all better parts la of course.
However, before you get your air fuel ratio readings right it is not known if other upgrades are required for your turbo. Generally you don't need the throttle body, injector upgrades for turbo smaller than TD05H. But if you can get it cheap.. by all means get it!

The best bet for you now is to get some kind of fuel management computer and get it tuned to the safe air fuel ratio. AVC-R is just a bonus. If your fuelling allows for higher boost support the AVC-R will work like a charm. Otherwise it just a waste of money.

Last edited:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
today sent to another mechanic friend, after checking.
he suspect one thing, piston ring jammed, he is asking me to request the half cut seller to replace faulty parts including the workmanship. Is this possible?
Already 2 different mechanics diagnose the same problem location... god... help...

Last edited:

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
hhmm... That remind me that my 4th cylinder has carbon deposits inside, and the spark plug is black (compared to the other 3). Did a compression test, and it is ok (same as the other 3 cylinders). I think the measurement was ~10.

Could it be my 4th injector is clogged? Idle is smooth.

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
*sigh*, guess that i will wait for tomorrow, probably do an engine flush, get new lubricant. wait and see...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
if piston rings cracked... i am sure your exhaust will blow a lot of oil burnt smoke.. something like turbo failure also... u got that symptom? compression test also will show if you got a seized piston rings.

i suggest you get a known working injector and ecu and try replacing it and check if the problem occurs.

Bump: if piston rings cracked... i am sure your exhaust will blow a lot of oil burnt smoke.. something like turbo failure also... u got that symptom? compression test also will show if you got a seized piston rings.

i suggest you get a known working injector and ecu and try replacing it and check if the problem occurs.

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
the exhaust doesnt emits white/black smoke. mechanics even swap the injector from 1 to 4, yet the problem persist. getting another ecu, can be a problem.. dunno where to get one.. from the HalfCut seller meh... ai.. trouble trouble.

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
any one using emange blue and fixed the engine check light problem?

very annoying with the engine check light on.. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2009 Ferrari F70

In 1995 Ferrari launched the F50. Seven years after that it was replaced by the Enzo. And now, according to a rule that Ferrari always follow they will launch the F70, seven years after the launch of the Enzo. Also there are no big competitions for the F70 yet, but after Ferrari will launch this supercar on the market for sure many auto-makers will try to build competitors for it.

The Ferrari...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience