4G92 DOHC MIVEC wHP???

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
i still don't think MMC giv that as standard, since >95% of mivec halfcut we get here all without LSD, ABS, SRS....

if there's SRS air bag, the steering console there should have the wiring left even the steering taken out, n wiring where the sensor located in front of engine bay

if there's ABS, and have been taken off, alot of mech n user would know when install the engine,

if there's LSD, i don't think those japanese will so free to take out the LSD(open the whole gearbox, replace with new differential) n change another driveshalf(mivec lsd required different driveshalf), if they do so, the driveshalf should look new when we buy halfcut,

don't tell me they replace with with 2nd hand normal drive shalf n differential, since u said its come as standard, so there might be not so much used differential n non LSD driveshalf lying ard to let them replace.

if they take out in halfcut, here should have alot of mivec LSD unit n LSD driveshalf for sale in the market, why its so limited?
u may can't get a good condition mivec LSD driveshalf even u search up n down for whole year.

and bcoz its fcking limited, mivec LSD gearbox n driveshalf selling at sky high price now

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
lol .. thats y we can see so many versions of Mirage series by mmc.. Japanese do knoe how to squeeze every bit of car but it is kinda weird when u are taking a Mivec natured car ..and u dun wan abs,srs and lsd ... tat sure is a weird ..better take auto like tat ... MMC make it standard ..but dealer can take out hehe ..dealer and buyer dunno a thing about safety and performance ..they onli knoe waah i get mivec sure power other standard things i dun wan..hehhe...typical thinking ...

i guess here is where Proton sells their Kereta Kosong ..maybe those w/o lsd,abs and srs is kereta kosong hehe
ias kwai mentioned, u probably have no idea how much effort n time involved to remove and replace the parts as per the customer's request OUT OF THE FACTORY.....we r talking bout high volume THOUSANDS here.......n oso dun forget tat seals might b broken n factory warranty might void in the proces.....i highly doubt dealers will take such unnecessary risks......

there's nothing weird wif performance cars not having ABS n SRS.....alot of highly rated performance cars, cheap or expensive, doesnt have them at all......an LSD could be essential tho..... =)

RieTanaka_K

Oct 17, 2006
and i think yellow box means optional...if it say standard in japanese... dosen mean it cannot change it to optional... the law of economic > demand = supply,

like malaysia wira 1.5 se...it say got front disc brake and rear disc brake...but now...

peace...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
What I know LSD gearbox is not a std part for Mitsubishi engine. Is an option item.
Item only add in when they made an order from car dealer.

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
That's what I knew as well... I cannot translate the japanese but nearly all the Mivec forum already mentioned this.

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
lol..it is a 95year production and now is 2007 we can't expect that we can get plentiful of spare parts from japan anymore... as mentioned in the brochure, i am not refering to the h/c shop as a reference so i dunno the condition of h/c's coming or landing to msia..if u wanna clarify then can call mmc to comfirm.. as far as it stated there are dealer and maker options. If brochure HAS stated that, it means both mmc and dealer has reached a compromise that the options can be removed on request by the dealer. This is what i call a coorperation between makers and dealers. If not i dun understand they gonna actually PRINT inside the brochure stating these options seperately for MAKER and DEALER.

As i said earlier it is a standard item but customer would have the option to change it to normal. Means if the customer goes and order the car if he/she does not mention anything eventually he/she would get the ordered car with the standard specs.

Options included - spoilers, center spoilers, skirts, diff rims, diff tyre, air ionizer, wrapping of seats, electronic mirror(5wire or 7wire), mud flaps, Hood with mmc logo or no logo, momo gear knob or normal gearknob, momo steering or normal steering, front sensor, rear sensor, arm rest upper compartmend, extra antenna booster, luggage bag(for rear compartment), change driving lights to foglights(appilcable to large driving lights), single din cassete or add another cd player, metal pedals or normal pedals, kneerest, gps system, digital or non digital aircond, cromax glass, abs, srs, lsd, alarm, front strut bar and also the 3 small meters under the player(sorri er forgot what it called but i remember one is to mearsure the Volt hehe)

All as mentioned frm the brochure, as you can see that the options hehe.. it was really surprising that even small small items are taken into considerations for Japanese. But as we all know that Japanese do take into consideration of many details in their culture.

ps:: yeah as stated by spyderslr, i have no idea about MMC car mnufacturing since i am not a professional in car making or involved in one. I only put out what that has inside the Japanese MMC Mirage 1995 brochure.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
lol..it is a 95year production and now is 2007 we can't expect that we can get plentiful of spare parts from japan anymore... as mentioned in the brochure, i am not refering to the h/c shop as a reference so i dunno the condition of h/c's coming or landing to msia..if u wanna clarify then can call mmc to comfirm.. as far as it stated there are dealer and maker options. If brochure HAS stated that, it means both mmc and dealer has reached a compromise that the options can be removed on request by the dealer. This is what i call a coorperation between makers and dealers. If not i dun understand they gonna actually PRINT inside the brochure stating these options seperately for MAKER and DEALER.

As i said earlier it is a standard item but customer would have the option to change it to normal. Means if the customer goes and order the car if he/she does not mention anything eventually he/she would get the ordered car with the standard specs.
LOLx......isnt that clearly an OPTIONAL item then...???...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I think like in the US they get cars that have the bare essentials on the car. Everything else comes at a price that's how they keep prices low from the start.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
deacon: exactly......i think tats pretty much similiar in most parts of the world......coz its the more economically sensible thing to do rather than put everything in and have it removed later upon buyer's request.....

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Totally unlike here where my GTI comes with a crappy double din that dies real quick haha.

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
lol ..i guess we strayed way off the topic .. btw my personal thoughts is that this 4G92 Mivec really do have it potentials ..but have to be tuned correctly ..i barely remember last time at a website ..someone claimed that his mivec could go up a whooping 200plus bhp ..which was amazing ..and i think it could go more too .. it all comes to the right tuning, cash and interest..lol

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
LOLx......isnt that clearly an OPTIONAL item then...???...
optional in dealers option and standard in makers option ..lol.. eventually i would call it as Dealer Options ..lol ..after throughly reading the brochure, i really hope Proton would beef up their manufacturing options too lol ..

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
they do just not for this country - you know the one that made the car.... malaysia is weird like that

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
deacon: exactly......i think tats pretty much similiar in most parts of the world......coz its the more economically sensible thing to do rather than put everything in and have it removed later upon buyer's request.....
yup i do agree as the logic is there ... but the 95 brochure do state as it is and i only report it as mentioned..maybe MMC tat time veri rich hehe ..or their survey shows japanese that time wans cars with all specs i guess hehe ..

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Optional is optional, standard is standard....at the end of the day, its still considered Optional for the buyer......n tat still doesnt solve the mystery of where all the parts went to if the dealers were to remove it........n yes its goin out of topic n goin nowhere........so u can have ur very own stand that ALL Mivec gearbox comes wif LSD.....have fun finding one together wif the driveshaft.... =)...

MMC very rich...??...LOL....MMC was nvr so rich n they have been in trouble financially since quite a while....maybe its becoz of this lor.......n btw, i (i think most of us here) dun understand a single word in the brochure.....u could have misinterpreted it and we dun even know it.....=)....anyway, i had enuff of this......=)

Last edited:

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
lol .. i dun care if it is optional or standard .. mmc stated it standard and dealer making it optional ..who is right who is wrong ..i dunno hehe ..i juz translate from brochure ..tats all .. end topic thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Shell Eco Marathon is a platform for energy efficient vehicles and spearheading an assault on that title will be the Naza World Taylor’s University Eco Team that features first-year students from the institution of higher learning’s school of engineering and backing from Naza World.

“Naza is proud to support and encourage the aspirations of Malaysia’s youth. Our contribution in this endeavour is well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience