4G63 vs 4G64...

dicktracy

Sep 18, 2009
sabah
I may have the chance of having a few of my friends help build a 2.4L stroker engine. However they have been advising me not to build one.

One of the reasons is that it will be too torquey. That I will eating transmission left and right.

While the other reason is that I will need to machine new oil squirters/jets into the block.

I was reading around and got some information from a good source regarding the oil squirters/jets.

Having these would aid in the cooling of the pistons but less oil pressure for the bearings. The other option was to not have them machined into the block and go for ceramic coated forged pistons. As this will help with the temperatures. And have more oil pressure available in other engine components.

So what should I do?

Should I not have oil squirters/jets in the car and get ceramic coated pistons, or should I spend the few hundreds to have the oil jets in? Also in the future I may do some road racing where the engine will be running in high RPMs for maybe an hour at times.

OR

Just get the tried and proven 6-bolt 4g63....

:biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I would like to have some inputs from those had used it, been using, stop using or just anybody know about this. I know that electronic throttle on modern cars nowadays using pulse signal to control the throttle opening well thats in a layman term. So as for my readings and understanding, this throttle controller will somehow make the pulse response better?

So my question is, I am interested and considering with Pivot throttle controller, i just want to know, how efficient it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience