Perdana RVR 4g63 turbo upgrade

albertkohcs979

Oct 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,
Im new to turbo world and need some advice on my new upgrade RVR 4G63 Turbo.
I have complete
1. stainless steel piping.
2. Works Fuel regulator.
3. Turbo timer
4. Turbo meter
5. Pivot speedcut
6. HKS blowoff
I did the dyno with 176HP & Torque 21.49

With the current standard ECU with TD04H, need advice what to install to achieve 300HP?

Current issue I have now are during uphill, there are no power at all unless pedal for more fuel or change L-gear. When I ask around they mention thats standard on RVR coz original run on 4WD but current 2WD, thats true?

One workshop recommend me things to upgrade
1. Boost controller
2. Wastegate
3. Cam pulley
4. Camshaft
5. Emanage (Blue or Ultimate, best to me?)

Will this helps to solve the no power uphill issue?
What can I expect in HP & Torque after the upgrade recommend by the workshop?

Really appreciate if some1 could guide me. Thanks in advance.
*sorry on my broken english

Albert

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
With the price tag for all the thing u wanna do,i suggest u convert manual direct,cost similar like a new emanage ultimate but u can feel instant respond and power improvement

albertkohcs979

Oct 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Peterj on your reply and advice. Im a bit lazy to drive manual and that the reasons of having auto. Just hope to get more understanding on those upgrades proposed by the workshop.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
There is only one thing i can see will help in ur response,the emanage with tuning.... others on the list mainly for upboost and up hp purpose

albertkohcs979

Oct 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Anything abt the emanage?
Should I go for Blue or Ultimate or Standalone?
Knowing, Blue shd be suitable for me and much easy to manage + lower cost too.
Ultimate would be nice but costly.
Im not looking for drag or racing, so Blue are fine for me?
Would this emanage helps on fuel efficiency? Current situation are extremely not good.
Thanks

Last edited:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If u plan to drive auto, suggest leave it to stock or current use.
If not, better prepare to get a good GB expert to fix your GB.
Me and my friend had faced (me V6TT Auto, my friend Airtrek Auto) both facing GB problem when both of us upgrade the HP from stock.

with your current and planed upgrade just a bit up grade let say to 190 bhp only will not get 300hp

Here is to upgrade your RVR stock 240 hp and yours on wheel 170++ hp to 300hp upgrade is equal to near x2 your current hp..

E manage or standalone (better)
Turbine to bigger
Intake manifold modification
bigger intercooler
bigger injector cc higher
bigger fuel pump
with a good sifu, able to get more than 300HP but as mentioned, your GB will say buy buy when dyno run.. if not then after dyno is on your luck...

me not sifu ya, just sharing my experience...
Good luck

forgotten, your current problem is abnormal, better check around coz with such hp can not be no power during uphill. Faced b4 is the machanic say got problem, chop shop say no problem, at the end send to GB expert say try other GB, then no problem very powerful...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Anything abt the emanage?
Should I go for Blue or Ultimate or Standalone?
Knowing, Blue shd be suitable for me and much easy to manage + lower cost too.
Ultimate would be nice but costly.
Im not looking for drag or racing, so Blue are fine for me?
Would this emanage helps on fuel efficiency? Current situation are extremely not good.
Thanks
If thinking of fuel efficiency don't drive turbo and don't even think of modding to 300bhp, then your extremely not good will be extremely bad.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

If u plan to drive auto, suggest leave it to stock or current use.
If not, better prepare to get a good GB expert to fix your GB.
Me and my friend had faced (me V6TT Auto, my friend Airtrek Auto) both facing GB problem when both of us upgrade the HP from stock.

with your current and planed upgrade just a bit up grade let say to 190 bhp only will not get 300hp

Here is to upgrade your RVR stock 240 hp and yours on wheel 170++ hp to 300hp upgrade is equal to near x2 your current hp..

E manage or standalone (better)
Turbine to bigger
Intake manifold modification
bigger intercooler
bigger injector cc higher
bigger fuel pump
with a good sifu, able to get more than 300HP but as mentioned, your GB will say buy buy when dyno run.. if not then after dyno is on your luck...

me not sifu ya, just sharing my experience...
Good luck

forgotten, your current problem is abnormal, better check around coz with such hp can not be no power during uphill. Faced b4 is the machanic say got problem, chop shop say no problem, at the end send to GB expert say try other GB, then no problem very powerful...
Agree with bro. mag, even manual gb, with extreme engine power will be damaged. Auto will be worse....:rolleyes:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Agree with bro. mag, even manual gb, with extreme engine power will be damaged. Auto will be worse....:rolleyes:
use diesel manual GB... :p:nurse::nurse:

Auto GB FC is double the Manual FC, so I would say that it will be nightmare if plan lower FC with high HP Auto Turbo.. check those driving Caldina Turbo taiko about their FC you will know
Previous mine just clock 320km (sometimes lower) a tank with RON97 fuel but mine TT la... Drive friend TT manual the FC is superb...

Wise old chinese man always said "Want horse run, need to feed" ok...:driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
You can try using unichip.. i had mine dynoed at 198hp and 28kg/mm torque.. injectors also stock.. only mod the exhaust pipings and intake.. too high power, your gear box will definately slip..
FC wise is RON 95 full tank at 350km.. if drive slowly never anyhow boost is 380km.. if boost all the way at 1.3bar is 280-300km..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My VR also around 320km per tank, nowadays strictly town driving only get 280km.....:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My VR also around 320km per tank, nowadays strictly town driving only get 280km.....:smokin:
40 liter or 60 liter tank?
if 60 liter than worse than the 2.6 pajero i got at home.
if 40 liter then not that bad lah...considering the power it produce.

the 1.3 blm with 4 speed gb can manage 340km best in town.

albertkohcs979

Oct 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, really appreciate on your experience sharing. Better save now and enjoy what I have rather than sorry later. I think mine around 320km per tank of 60liter. Will check with the shop on the no power during uphill.
Advisable to install oil catch tank? Sifu say cleaner for the engine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
40 liter or 60 liter tank?
if 60 liter than worse than the 2.6 pajero i got at home.
if 40 liter then not that bad lah...considering the power it produce.

the 1.3 blm with 4 speed gb can manage 340km best in town.
Refill is around 40 plus liters, always try refill before warning light....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Mitsu engine FC pretty bad eh.
Turbo mah....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Bro, really appreciate on your experience sharing. Better save now and enjoy what I have rather than sorry later. I think mine around 320km per tank of 60liter. Will check with the shop on the no power during uphill.
Advisable to install oil catch tank? Sifu say cleaner for the engine.
Cleaner inlet manifold and TB......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello folks :itsme:

I was wondering, if 4G93 SOHC hi comp pistons would fit on a 4G93 DOHC?
They have the same piston diameter (81mm) and stroke length (89mm)

--- mmn81
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience